PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

skatesindreams
08-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Let's remember that they only have a few hours to make their outfits, and are tired from shooting their 1:1 interviews, etc.

That's the aspect of this competition that I've never understood.
Some of the challenges are only 8 hours long!
The designers have very little time; and the outfits have to stand up to considerable scrutiny.

I've wondered how well the "judges" would do under those constraints!

cruisin
08-26-2010, 11:14 PM
That's the aspect of this competition that I've never understood.
Some of the challenges are only 8 hours long!
The designers have very little time; and the outfits have to stand up to considerable scrutiny.

And I don't understand the point of that. They have an entire week, why not give them a few days?

Nomad
08-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Is tonight the dreaded team challenge episode? I wasn't paying attention to the previews last week.

uyeahu
08-27-2010, 12:10 AM
And I don't understand the point of that. They have an entire week, why not give them a few days?

Because the show is shot over just a few weeks time, not in real time with a week between challenges. For the duration of the show, all contestants are kept sequestered in a hotel, even the booted ones usually although there are exceptions. The shorter the challenges the less time the contestants have to be sequestered and the less the production company has to pay for room and board and all the other stuff that goes into making these shows. As a viewer I feel like they've compressed the schedule down far too much since the move to Lifetime. Too many 1 day challenges means too much crap walking down the runway. We wuzrobbed!

PDilemma
08-27-2010, 12:54 AM
I believe Tim said on his video blog recently that this season was filmed in 30 days --which would obviously not include time between determining the finalists and the final show.

cruisin
08-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Because the show is shot over just a few weeks time, not in real time with a week between challenges. For the duration of the show, all contestants are kept sequestered in a hotel, even the booted ones usually although there are exceptions. The shorter the challenges the less time the contestants have to be sequestered and the less the production company has to pay for room and board and all the other stuff that goes into making these shows. As a viewer I feel like they've compressed the schedule down far too much since the move to Lifetime. Too many 1 day challenges means too much crap walking down the runway. We wuzrobbed!

If I remember correctly, they gave them 2/3 days when the show first started. Even with the shorter format, you got a better feel for the designer's aesthetic. To expect a designer to come up with an idea (especially one based on la la crazy), get the materials, and complete it in one day is just unrealistic and pointless. If they did one or two one day projects, I guess I could understand. But the show is supposed to be about designing and making a great, competitive, unique outfit. It's not about who can make the most decent crap in 6 hours. Don't you think?

Aaron W
08-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Oh how I wish I could date Christopher Collins.

That is all.

my little pony
08-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Ivy has such a crush on herself for someone who hasnt made anything worth getting excited about.

PDilemma
08-27-2010, 02:24 AM
If I remember correctly, they gave them 2/3 days when the show first started. Even with the shorter format, you got a better feel for the designer's aesthetic. To expect a designer to come up with an idea (especially one based on la la crazy), get the materials, and complete it in one day is just unrealistic and pointless. If they did one or two one day projects, I guess I could understand. But the show is supposed to be about designing and making a great, competitive, unique outfit. It's not about who can make the most decent crap in 6 hours. Don't you think?

On Tim's v-blog for the party supplies episode, he said they went to the party planning store at 6:30 a.m. They had until midnight that night to work and time in the morning before the runway show. So it is, realistically, figuring in transportation time, meals, interview times, etc... more like 18 hours work time for each one.

my little pony
08-27-2010, 02:53 AM
Heidi's hair continues to be unflattering. I think that is how Vicki wore her hair the first season she was on The Love Boat.

PDilemma
08-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Gretchen et al... produced something for a middle end retail store--coming this fall to Banana Republic. Nothing fashion forward there. And I love watching her whine!!

danceronice
08-27-2010, 03:01 AM
....Who are these people and what have they done with the people who've been judging so far? Military Lace was the clear winner and....they WON. And heaven help me, but I want Casanova's blouse. It's sexy. And the red top Peach did, damn...and feel the burn, team lumpy tops that add twenty pounds and were apparently cut for giraffes, especially that red dress that makes a RUNWAY MODEL look pregnant.

my little pony
08-27-2010, 03:01 AM
I'd love to see boring self appointed boss girl get auffed, but I know she wont.

PDilemma
08-27-2010, 03:05 AM
I'd love to see boring self appointed boss girl get auffed, but I know she wont.

Maybe she will at least get enough criticism from the judges to make her head shrink a few sizes.

my little pony
08-27-2010, 03:13 AM
trying to throw Michael under the boss when he has immunity, when the judges really like his look, and when Vicki Steubing has already reminded you that he has immunity is just dumb