PDA

View Full Version : Ellen leaving American Idol

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Allskate
08-01-2010, 06:51 PM
We will just have to disagree, I do not think that is his "only" issue, not by far.

I agree. And I do think that Nigel would care if a singer were effeminate.

If the talent on the show is good, I don't necessarily think the judges will matter.

But the judges (with the help of the producers) choose the contestants. Par of the reason the judges were lame was because of who they chose and promoted. Last season could have had much more variety, but they chose and encouraged a lot of singer/songwriters. They immediately trashed Tyler for his retro style, but he would have added some interest. Casey is really good at rocking out and they didn't need another contestant singing with acoustic guitar, but they discouraged him from doing anything but the acoustic stuff that Kara thought all women wanted. Plus, they really pushed backstory and personality. I mean, we had the paint salesman who was just such a good man. We had a focus on Mike's baby. We had Katie talk about her grandmother for about four or five shows in a row. And Kara wouldn't shut her annoying mouth.

I really do think that Nigel will place even more emphasis on personality and back story and looks. It's really apparent from what he says and does on SYTYCD. And, yes, he worked on Idol before, and I doubt he was a particularly good influence.

PrincessLeppard
08-01-2010, 06:58 PM
We will just have to hope that they choose talented people with interesting back stories, and not another paint salesman who looks like he's going barf every time he takes the stage. :scream:

But, hey, if the talent blows, I've got two more nights free each week....

kimkom
08-01-2010, 08:21 PM
I think Steven Tyler is an interesting choice. He seems to be a good guy, but I also think he'll be very honest when it comes to good or bad performances. He has a pretty colourful personality, and has been in the business forever. He might add some fun to the judging panel.

JLo...:blah: Although I'd much prefer her to Jessica Simpson. :scream: