PDA

View Full Version : Ellen leaving American Idol

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

WindSpirit
07-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Please fire Kara...Please fire Kara... I read yesterday that her contract was year to year and it hasn't been renewed so she's most likely out, I think. With Ellen it said that she had a multi year contract, so that might be a problem if they wanted all new judges (and that's what the article said too), but if she wants out herself, this problem seems to be solved.

I read a rumor that Courtney Love was in negotiations. If that happens, I'm watching just for the epic train-wreck.:lol: There's a trainwreck (Paula etc.) and there's a train-wreck. :scream:

Elton John would be great. He's a legend. He would give a lot of credibility to the show. Jennifer Lopez? She's like grown up Miley Cyrus. All style, no substance. If I was going to audition, I would love to have a chance to be judged by people like Elton John. Jennifer Lopez? I couldn't care less what she would have to say.

flyingsit
07-30-2010, 01:31 PM
I wonder who have the judges have been on the road. A girl from my hometown has already auditioned and made it to Hollywood week. But there was nothing in the article in the local paper interview where she said the judges had been changed.

The early rounds of auditions only have production assistants and producers. Idol goes back to each city later on, with the judges, after the producers have whittled it down to 100 or so in each place.

orbitz
07-30-2010, 01:46 PM
If I was going to audition, I would love to have a chance to be judged by people like Elton John. Jennifer Lopez? I couldn't care less what she would have to say.

Not even if she says "Yes, you're going to Hollywood." ?

Satellitegirl
07-30-2010, 03:03 PM
http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/kara-dioguardi-2010307?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=emai l&utm_campaign=newsletter Kara is fired.

soxxy
07-30-2010, 03:11 PM
http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/kara-dioguardi-2010307?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=emai l&utm_campaign=newsletter Kara is fired.

Good. I never thought her criticisms were particularly insightful.

BigB08822
07-30-2010, 03:29 PM
I think a whole new judging panel is the final nail in the coffin. The show may go one for another few years but that will be it. I think an interesting idea will be a new judging panel EVERY year. That would neat and give it competition with DWTS as far as wondering what big names will be on this year. I bet they could find 3-4 celebs a year willing to commit to the time and work. I just think when they start running out of big names and respected people, they need to quit.

Satellitegirl
07-30-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm glad Kara and Ellen are both gone. Ellen didn't bring much to the table, and Kara was just annoying.

pollyanna
07-30-2010, 03:31 PM
I just think when they start running out of big names and respected people, they need to quit.

I just think they need to quit NOW. The shark hath jumpeth.

Lacey
07-30-2010, 04:29 PM
There is probably no way they could afford Elton John or other big music industry names.

Allskate
07-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Please get rid of Ryan seacrest

Yeah. They should have had Ellen replace Ryan as host. He is so freaking annoying.

Kara is very annoying, too. And I often didn't like her advice to the contestants -- or the way she delivered it. She's way too full of herself. She is the judge I'd most like to see go. At least Ellen was a little entertaining and wasn't a wind bag.

Jennifer Lopez and Courtney Love make no sense. I don't see Jennifer being particular interesting, insightful, or entertaining. Courtney would be a mess. Yes, Paula was a mess, but at least she was a cute mess and she was able to appreciate a broad range of musical talent. Jessica Simpson is basically an in articulate reality star in my mind. I assume she would just be saying whatever the producers told her to say.

I thought Harry Connick, Jr. was great as a mentor and all the contestants apparently loved him. But, judging is a different thing and I don't know how he would do with music outside of his own genre. Bret Michaels has serious health issues and his having heart surgery later this year. No way is he on the panel no matter how much he wants it.

The person I would least like to see associated with this show, though, is Nigel Lythgoe. He puts way too much focus on the judges, is far too into the back story and manipulating the voting, and strikes me as homophobic. I doubt he ever would have put Adam on the show.

jenny12
07-30-2010, 05:20 PM
I was not a big Kara fan, but I don't think Jennifer Lopez will be any better. Maybe the celebrity factor will help in the ratings, but she seems just as bland as Kara.

DickButtonFan
07-30-2010, 05:23 PM
I love love love jlo!!! It'd be worth watching just to see what she wears.

orbitz
07-30-2010, 05:53 PM
The producers need to reboot AI just like Hollywood did with rebooting Batman and James Bond. Don't follow the same formula. Think of "Shock & Awe".

Satellitegirl
07-30-2010, 07:19 PM
I was not a big Kara fan, but I don't think Jennifer Lopez will be any better. Maybe the celebrity factor will help in the ratings, but she seems just as bland as Kara.

Yeah I agree...not to mention they're trading out one woman with a voice that grates on the nerves, to another.

overedge
07-30-2010, 08:23 PM

And she's married to a control freak husband who (allegedly) is making all her career choices for her. Is he going to hide under the judges' table and tell her what to say?