PDA

View Full Version : Ellen leaving American Idol

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

mindy74
07-30-2010, 03:29 AM
I'm not surprised. Ellen always seemed very uncomfortable giving criticism to the singers.

I think Neil Patrick Harris would be great, but I don't know if he would want to do it at this point in his career.

martian_girl
07-30-2010, 03:31 AM
Please fire Kara...Please fire Kara...

There's all kind of rumors going on....Elton John, Harry Connick, Jr., and the fact that all the judges will be replaced.

Don't forget also Bret Michaels, Jessica Simpsons ....

Can we say that AI has jumped the shark and just let it die after next season?

I read a rumor that Courtney Love was in negotiations. If that happens, I'm watching just for the epic train-wreck.:lol:

DickButtonFan
07-30-2010, 03:35 AM
Totally would start watching again if Courtney love is on lolollollol. Jessica would be funny as well. Tired of Randy maybe paula could come back.

Rex
07-30-2010, 03:36 AM
I thought she kind of sucked as a judge.....

oleada
07-30-2010, 03:41 AM
They just need to put the entire show out of its misery.

DickButtonFan
07-30-2010, 03:41 AM
Paula? Yeah she did kinda suck, be nice revenge tho for being so underpaid. Did you see her reality show? Omg she cried cuz she hated the new couch her decorater bought. Total breakdown and crying. Made good tv tho.

cailuj365
07-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Wow, J.Lo and Steven Tyler as new judges?
Maybe (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/07/after-days-of-furious-rumors-ellen-degeneres---much-criticized-tenure-as-the-fourth-judge-on-american-idol-officially---sput.html)

That might actually be interesting....lmao. However, I think it does ultimately come down to the contestants. The contestants need to not suck for the show to be any good. Last season, nearly all of the contestants sucked.

Ellen leaving was a good choice though.

skateboy
07-30-2010, 04:48 AM
Not sad to hear this. Love Ellen, but not as an AI judge.

genegri
07-30-2010, 04:52 AM
I didn't read the article. Did she leave voluntarily? If so, good for her for knowing her own limitations.

Jenna
I enjoyed her comments sometimes..quite funny. But, I agree she didn't really belong here.

Jenna
I didn't read the article. Did she want out herself? If so, good for her for knowing her own limitations.

It appears so.

jenny12
07-30-2010, 05:08 AM
I think Ellen made the right choice. I enjoy her outside of AI, but she just didn't work on the panel. I found her very bland.

DickButtonFan
07-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Jlo rumored to judge as well.

Cyn
07-30-2010, 06:47 AM
I read a rumor that Courtney Love was in negotiations. If that happens, I'm watching just for the epic train-wreck.:lol:

Even though I swore off AI after this season, if Courtney Love is one of the judges, I just may be sucked back into the 19Evil Vortex :rofl: .

Jennifer Lopez, though? :yawn: :blah:

The ought to bring in Ice-T - I can only imagine some of his critiques :lol: .

orbitz
07-30-2010, 07:14 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/30/arts/television/30ellen.html?hp

The Web site Deadline.com said Thursday night that the singer Jennifer Lopez secretly reached a deal earlier this week to replace Ms. DeGeneres. Fox declined to comment but a person familiar with the deal confirmed the report.

I can't picture J. Lo as a judge. She barely moves her mouth when she talks.

Nigel Lythgoe, is in negotiations to return in the same position [he was one of the original executive producers]. He would supplement, not replace, the other executive producers.

Mr. Lythgoe, who now produces and judges another Fox reality show, “So You Think You Can Dance,” said earlier this year that if he were back in charge, he would replace every judge on “Idol.”