PDA

View Full Version : Plushenko won't go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over his ineligibility

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Nmsis
07-29-2010, 05:49 PM
ETA : But asks the ISU to reverse its decision. (can't edit the title to complete it)

I don't think that has been posted before.
I was checking the website of L'Equipe for the Euro athletics champs and found this (http://www.lequipe.fr/Ski/breves2010/20100729_180350_plushenko-demande-la-clemence-de-l-isu.html)

Roughly translated by Google :

Plushenko request ISU's clemency

Competition prohibited by the International Federation (ISU) because of his participation in paid galas, Evgeni Plushenko decided not to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. "We felt that this was not the right process, "his coach said Friday, Alexei Mishin. The Russian, triple world champion and gold medalist at the Turin Olympics, does not abandon the idea of entering the Games in Sochi in 2014 and expects to it "that the ISU will reverse its decision." Which seems complicated because he took part in performances in Russia and other countries in March and April, at the same time missing the World Championships, without seeking permission from the Russian Federation (FSFR). "Evgeni is a remarkable athlete who has contributed greatly not only in skating but also in Russian world sport, "pleaded his coach. (Avec AFP)

caseyedwards
07-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah him and Mishin expect the ISU to reverse itself and wont go the CAS- i think this was in the original thread about the disqualification

michiruwater
07-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Is he hoping that the ISU will admit it's wrong? :shuffle: That seems like a pretty big gamble...

Jaana
07-29-2010, 06:26 PM
I wonder when Plushenko´s time for the appeal in CSA is over? Or is it already?

Winnipeg
07-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Is he hoping that the ISU will admit it's wrong? :shuffle: That seems like a pretty big gamble...

or arrogance.................:rolleyes::hat1:

hanca
07-29-2010, 06:43 PM
As far as I know, skaters sometimes loose eligibility and then regain it again later (for example those who retired, then skated in shows and then came back because of Olympics, such us Shen/Zhao, Lambiel, Cohen and Pluschenko). So I wonder why he is worried that he lost his eligibility. Can't he reapply again when he needs it?

ArtisticFan
07-29-2010, 06:49 PM
As far as I know, skaters sometimes loose eligibility and then regain it again later (for example those who retired, then skated in shows and then came back because of Olympics, such us Shen/Zhao, Lambiel, Cohen and Pluschenko). So I wonder why he is worried that he lost his eligibility. Can't he reapply again when he needs it?

There is a difference between not qualifying for the next year and losing eligibility to qualify/compete. Cohen, Shen/Zhao and Lambiel all took time off from the sport, as did Plushenko before this Olympics. However, they weren't banned or deemed ineligible by breaking rules or doing something that would somehow make them ineligible in the eyes of the ISU.

kwanfan1818
07-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Because of the specific rule he broke when the Russian Fed rescinded permission after the ISU questioned his medical excuse, he can ask for reinstatement later, and there is no deadline for this.

Polymer Bob
07-29-2010, 07:20 PM
It certainly would be exciting to have Evgeni in Sochi. He and the ISU will probably find a resolution before then.

mag
07-29-2010, 07:43 PM
I think that EP has no intention of competing in Sochi. Losing his eligibility this way is exactly what he wanted (again, IMHO) because it allows him to save face. "I would compete but the nasty ISU won't let me."

His mind may still want to compete, but there is just no way his body could handle it.

hanca
07-29-2010, 09:49 PM
His mind may still want to compete, but there is just no way his body could handle it.

Isn't Zhao older than him? As long as he doesn't over do it...

orientalplane
07-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Isn't Zhao older than him?

Yes, but Zhao wasn't doing quads and triple axels.....

mag
07-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Isn't Zhao older than him? As long as he doesn't over do it...

I don't know, but IMHO, it would seem that training to win the men's Olympic Gold medal is probably the definition of over doing it. There are at least a half dozen skaters who could potentially be vying for that medal in 2014. No one can afford to rest on their laurels if they are serious about being a contender. Now, if he just wants to go because he loves competing and is only looking to do his best and his placement doesn't matter .... that is another thing entirely :lol::lol::lol:

overedge
07-29-2010, 10:13 PM
His mind may still want to compete

Don't you mean "his wife"?
:bribe: :bribe: :bribe:

Kasey
07-30-2010, 01:07 AM
I wonder when Plushenko´s time for the appeal in CSA is over? Or is it already?

I think he had only 2 or 3 weeks' time after the initial ruling, so it's probably already over.

And it seems to be the height of arrogance to NOT take the effort to do what has been suggested as a means of appeal, but to just expect the ISU to adjust their decision without him making any effort whatsoever. It seems that those who are suggesting he never really wanted to compete in Sochi may be right, and he has just sabotaged himself with the whole deal.