PDA

View Full Version : PJ caught up with Josee Chouinard as well!

Pages : 1 [2]

AragornElessar
07-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Who was Blades?

blades was a dear friend to many of us not just here at FSU, but at other skating boards as well. He was also one heck of a character who had many of us in stitches from his postings. blades was a huge Josee fan and I'm pretty sure even that's an understatement. :)

It's been a couple of years since his passing, but I miss him around here, as well as his friendship.

I can't believe the twins are 5 already! Where did the time go?

Know what's even scarier? Daria Grinkova's at that age where kids are seriously thinking of what College/University they want to attend in a year or two.

As you said...Where did the time go to!?!

made_in_canada
07-30-2010, 08:04 AM
She's such a classy lady...

I skated as "local talent" in a show that she was in many moons ago. I got to practice with the "stars" and promptly got in her way. I was horrified and felt terrible. She was so generous and kind with me and even remembered me three or four years later at a seminar.

"Skating destroyed me and built me"

I love that. That sums up how I feel about the sport.

Mevrouw
07-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Josee and jean-Michel have been separated since about 6 months after their twins were born.

blades was a long-time poster here and on other boards who had met many people here on the board. He died a few years ago and the next skating event, there was an empty seat with his name on it to honour him.

ETA: guess we were posting at the same time, AE

AragornElessar
07-30-2010, 09:23 PM
No problems Mevrouw. :)

shutterbug
07-31-2010, 06:23 PM
He used to own his own company that produced various events - including several skating tours and shows. I'm not sure that his company exists anymore and would also be very interested in knowing what he is doing.

Looks like hes still at it: Celebration on Ice Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=118539928192160)

A bit of superficial comment I guess, but I have to say how fantastic Josee looks. Never in a million years would you guess shes over 40.

AragornElessar
08-01-2010, 12:29 AM
A bit of superficial comment I guess, but I have to say how fantastic Josee looks. Never in a million years would you guess shes over 40.

I don't think so and is quite a compliment in my books. :)

Parsley Sage
08-01-2010, 12:36 AM
When Josee and Jean-Michel were together, blades referred to J-M as Josee's dog walker.

skatesindreams
08-01-2010, 12:39 AM
I loved Josee's skating and miss seeing her on the ice!

essence_of_soy
08-01-2010, 01:53 AM
I also loved Josee's skating. She had such spunk, as well as grace, out there.

What's really sad though? This is the first thread about Josee at FSU since blades passing I think. It's so strange to see a Josee thread and no post from him in it. :(

I raise my glass to Blades with his trademark Bombay Saphirre.

essence_of_soy
08-01-2010, 01:58 AM
I remember seeing Josee win Canadians in 1994 in Edmonton (a week after attending U.S. Nationals in Detroit). Her short and free programs were so beautifully constructed that year, if she skated them at the same level in Lillehammer, everyone sitting with me agreed she was a shoe-in for an Olympic medal, if not the gold.

That was a great memory.

Former Lurve Goddess
08-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Speaking of PJ Kwong, she's the August writer-in-residence at Open Book Toronto. She has a book, Taking the Ice: Success Stories from the World of Canadian Figure Skating, coming out in September.

http://www.openbooktoronto.com/ http://www.takingtheice.com/

I'm guessing that Josee's mentioned in the book;)

skatesindreams
08-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Where can a US reader order a copy?

Sonata
08-03-2010, 02:32 AM
That link mentions a contest for a free copy of PJ Kwong's book. Anyone know if it's only open to those in the Toronto area? I can't find the full contest rules.

Former Lurve Goddess
08-03-2010, 01:23 PM
If you e-mail the editors at open book (see the the about us link), I'm sure they can fill you in on the contest details. They usually respond fairly quickly.

On the taking the ice website, it says that details on how to make international orders will be available when the book is out.