PDA

View Full Version : Concerts You've Walked Out of (and Why)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Ozzisk8tr
08-01-2010, 05:56 AM
I should have walked out on a Sade concert back in the 80's. I love her music but she was so boring on stage. I kept looking for a pencil to shove in my eye so I'd have something to take my mind off her.

I walked out on Matthew Bourne's Edward Scissorhands. Fat dancers with dreadful technique, bad choreography, and he changed the story which just didn't work. He ruined one of my favourite stories.

DynamicMutation
08-01-2010, 06:16 AM
I left a Bob Dylan concert early. It was in the early 2000s, he started late, was even MORE unintelligible than usual...and when you can't recognize 'Like A Rolling Stone' you know something is truly wrong.

We got glared at...both by Bob and numerous concert goers! At least there was difficultly getting out of the parking lot :P

overedge
08-01-2010, 06:22 AM
I left a Bob Dylan concert early. It was in the early 2000s, he started late, was even MORE unintelligible than usual...and when you can't recognize 'Like A Rolling Stone' you know something is truly wrong.

As I am not a Dylan fan by any definition, I don't know if this is well known or just something that's not on my radar, but I was told that ol' Bob is now a hopeless alcoholic/substance abuser, which is (a) why he tours incessantly (when in the past a Dylan tour was a rare and wonderful event) and (b) why his current live shows are a mess. Basically he's not reliable enough to make records, and he signed bad management deals in the past and got screwed out of a lot of royalties, so touring is the only way he can keep the $$$$ rolling in.

If this story is true, however, it would at least partially explain the trainwreck Christmas album...

Charlini
08-01-2010, 08:08 AM
A long, long time ago the one and only time I attended a concert at the Fillmore West in San Francisco, I walked out of a Grateful Dead concert. Literally. Put. Me. To. Sleep. :yawn:

LordCirque
08-01-2010, 08:21 AM
My boyfriend, myself, his cousin & his friend, his cousin's wife, and two girlfriends of hers all went to The House of Blues to hear a set of 80s Cover Bands. I was already :shuffle: prior but it was their birthday present to my boyfriend so I obliged.

We made it through the UB-40 band, MEH at best, and another. But the :scream: attempt at The Cure pushed us ALL over the edge. My boy and I spent most of the night in one of the lounge areas sitting on couches because we were both tired and didn't feel like standing. We probably ended up staying about a half hour longer than we probably needed to, since through the evening, all of us had started having thoughts of "Wow, this is TERRIBLE"

Thankfully it was free.

We ended up going to a 24 Hour Greasy Spoon around Midnight.