Pages : 1 2 [3]

lovelikelatte
08-10-2010, 09:16 PM
I took some photos of selected skaters which can be viewed here:
http://www.justinechiu.com/

skatingfan04
08-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Thanks so much to everyone for the absolutely gorgeous photos!!! :D:D

I was just wondering if anyone could comment on Paul & Islam's program. I believe they skated their new FD, and I'd love to hear how it went. Thanks!

Pratfall
08-11-2010, 05:31 AM
:)I'd like to hear about P/I, too. ..I thought I'd heard something about their programs earlier,and I don't remember any mention of As Time Goes By. Now I can't find it , of course..but it might only have been mention of their plans to work with Haguenauer for at least one program again...

So, how were they ?

tapper88
08-11-2010, 05:46 AM
Any videos out there? Thanks for the photos!

seabm7
08-11-2010, 04:35 PM
About P/I, if I remember correctly, their program was light and traditional. I did not realize their program was their new FS.

Pratfall
08-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Mmmmm.."light and traditional" . Then I'm guessing it can't have been their FS.. They made a dramatic splash last year...I would think they would want to at least equal that for their senior debut...

skatingfan04
08-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Mmmmm.."light and traditional" . Then I'm guessing it can't have been their FS.. They made a dramatic splash last year...I would think they would want to at least equal that for their senior debut...

I only assumed it was their FD because the 2010/2011 music thread listed their FD music as Casablanca, and a reviewer on the previous page said that they skated to "As Time Goes By." I wasn't at the show, so I could be wrong. It might have been just an EX, or perhaps an exerpt of their FD. As for them choosing a dramatic theme this season, however, I would think that after last year's FD, they could possibly want to try a completely different style, especially since it is so important for teams to be versatile nowadays. Anyway, we'll know for sure about their FD after this weekend's Thornhill competition.:P

Tramp
08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
OH it equals it and well beyond.

Pratfall
08-11-2010, 09:46 PM
More guesses in the dark ( for me, I mean..) :rolleyes:

Thanks for the clarification :) , I thought I'd read about their program somewhere , just couldn't remember the details ..So, if they only used the one piece, an excerpt or Ex based on the FD would make sense ( Don't they have to include more than one piece, or at least have a definite change in tempo ?)

And I totally agree about showing versatility. When i said they made a dramatic splash, I really was referring to them coming out of nowhere and rising to the upper ranks in their first year, though their programs were dramatic.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them this year, and how they compare to R/H overall. Technique aside, their programs were definitely more mature than R/H's last year.

( I love the degree of lean in that lift in the photos.)

skatingfan04
08-11-2010, 11:41 PM
More guesses in the dark ( for me, I mean..) :rolleyes:

Thanks for the clarification :) , I thought I'd read about their program somewhere , just couldn't remember the details ..So, if they only used the one piece, an excerpt or Ex based on the FD would make sense ( Don't they have to include more than one piece, or at least have a definite change in tempo ?)

And I totally agree about showing versatility. When i said they made a dramatic splash, I really was referring to them coming out of nowhere and rising to the upper ranks in their first year, though their programs were dramatic.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them this year, and how they compare to R/H overall. Technique aside, their programs were definitely more mature than R/H's last year.

( I love the degree of lean in that lift in the photos.)

Sorry for misunderstanding.:D I also can't wait to see how they they compare to Ralph & Hill. I definately agree about them showing more maturity last season, and I really want to see how the two teams compare. Seeing as neither has a realistic chance at making the world team, their closest competition will probably be each other. I adore both teams, and I'm so excited to see them side by side. I really can't decribe why, but P/I have really captured my attention, and I think that if they keep going like this, they could really make something of themselves in the near future. I'm loving the tilt in the lift too, btw:smokin: I promise to review the program after I see it at Thornhill this weekend.

Erica Lee
08-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Personally, P&I's skate was one of my favourites of the evening. I did assume it was a FD as I was watching it. I don't remember much at this point - I really don't remember skating programs until I've seen them 3 or 4 times... however, I do remember enjoying it a lot and thinking they were much improved since the last time I saw them. The only negative thought I remember going through my head at all was that I questioned their maturity level for such a piece of music. I still find them young and the music has strong associations attached to it of a particular story that I'm not sure they 100% pull off - yet. I do think it will do a lot to grow their maturity, though and I'm excited to see it develop as the year progresses.

inskate
08-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Chele615, Erica Lee, lovelikelatte - thank you all for the beautiful photos! :D

TRAxel
08-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Thank you to all who shared photos, they are all fantastic!