PDA

View Full Version : "Survivor" - Pits Old against Young

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Prancer
08-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Erika Shay resigned as casting director after a lot of :soapbox: on the fan boards about her friendship with Parvati and rumors that she set Parvati up with Russell before the show started filming.

Aside from that, I think it's good that she's gone, because she cast a lot of her friends from the LA bar scene--lots of mactors who were using Survivor for screen time.

Meh. Apparently Shannon (the big guy) is friends with Boo, Russell and James--as well as Shaquille O'Neal, oddly.

But good Lord--who knew that big, ol', dumb Boo was going to turn out to be such a casting source? They should give him Erika's old job and then he could cast the rest of his friends.

One of the cast is from my hometown and graduated from one of my neighborhood high schools a few years behind me. I know no one who knows her. She went to Ohio University's med school program; I know three people who did the same, and none of them know her, either, even though one of them was a mere year ahead of her.

:wuzrobbed So near and yet so far.

Catherine M
08-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Meh. Apparently Shannon (the big guy) is friends with Boo, Russell and James--as well as Shaquille O'Neal, oddly.

But good Lord--who knew that big, ol', dumb Boo was going to turn out to be such a casting source? They should give him Erika's old job and then he could cast the rest of his friends.

Very Interesting that Boo, who did nothing really in Fiji, is responsible for James, Russell, and now Shannon getting on the show. That's four people from southwest Louisiana being on the show in what, 5 years?

So I guess if you want to be on Survivor, head down to Lafayette, find Boo and become his new BFF!

I'll keep an eye out on this LSU based discussion board that has alot of Lafayette people on it to see if there is any inside scoop on why these guys keep getting cast.

genevieve
08-26-2010, 09:18 PM
The new TV Guide has an article about this season. It confirms what I suspected about the challenges - that they will be way less physical this season (i.e. no wrestling in mud pits), but that the Challenge Dept has come up with some inventive ideas that are fair, take skill and strategy.
I'm glad - those challenges were getting way too physical, for any age. I was half expecting someone to break a competitor's arm next or something.

There's also something called the Medallion of Power this year. I've spoilered it here if you want to know more
I read the description - it sounds meh.