PDA

View Full Version : Megan Fox: I Hate Being Told I'm Talented

Pages : [1] 2 3

overedge
07-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Hey, no problem, honey. You aren't going to hear it from me, that's for sure.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2010/07/28/megan_fox_i_hate_being_told_im_talente

Rex
07-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes, Megan, no one likes being lied to....:rolleyes:.

Jackie Sparrow
07-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Maybe she's got a hidden talent!

overedge
07-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Maybe she's got a hidden talent!

Involving the "casting couch", maybe. I can't think of too many other reasons why she has the career she has....

genevieve
07-28-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm not a Megan Fox fan at all, but I think it's onmly fair to show the whole quote:

She explained, "Everyone blows sunshine up everyone else's a**. I hate receiving compliments; I hate being told I'm talented or people think I'm going to be a movie star. I always feel that it's forced and fake."

I think that for a starlet on the rise (although maybe not so much anymore in her case) it's reasonable to be suspicious of people who just give out compliments left and right, because it IS usually forced and fake.

overedge
07-28-2010, 09:08 PM
I think that for a starlet on the rise (although maybe not so much anymore in her case) it's reasonable to be suspicious of people who just give out compliments left and right, because it IS usually forced and fake.

You're absolutely right. But if it bothers her that much, she could find another profession. Hopefully one that doesn't involve being in any more movies :P

Satellitegirl
07-28-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the quote, but yeah, if she doesn't like fake, she's in the wrong place. There are plenty of other non narcissistic jobs out there.

orbitz
07-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Involving the "casting couch", maybe. I can't think of too many other reasons why she has the career she has....

A striking face and a great body will take you places in Hollywood. It doesn't mean that the girl had to do the casting couch to get there. It has been pretty much proven that pretty people are more successful than the average looking folks.

---------

I don't see anything wrong with what Megan is saying. Maybe she is realistic about her acting abilities at this stage of her career, and she knows that anyone that is gushing to her face about how talented she is is just blowing smoke. Does anyone remember when Jessica Biel hinted/mentioned in an interview that she had lost some acting gigs because she's too beautiful? Good Gawf. Now that made me roll my eyes. The girl couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. That's the only reasonwhy she's not an A-list actress and isn't getting the great gigs.

IceAlisa
07-28-2010, 10:37 PM
All I have to say is that Ms. Fox needs to lay off the injectables. She has clearly done stuff to her face, as evidenced here (http://www.hollywoodlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/062110_megan_fox_chest_comp_544_XXXX.jpg) which is completely unnecessary IMO at her age.

StonewshMullet
07-28-2010, 10:55 PM
I suspect the sentence got cut off, for instance maybe she meant to say " I Hate Being Told I'm Talented in Bed", "I Hate Being Told I'm Talented at Nothing", or I Hate Being Told I'm Talented at Dieting".

John 3 17
07-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Then I'll be sure never to tell her so ;)

-Bridget

snoopy
07-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Wow. This is a lot of venom for somone I have no idea who she is. Is she on one of the newer TV shows like the vampire one or the new 90210?

genevieve
07-28-2010, 11:14 PM
No, she's a newish movie starlet who's rather outspoken. She was in the first 2 Transformers movies and will not be in the third one, possibly because she's a pain to work with (although that is just a rumor AFAIK).

snoopy
07-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Okay, thanks.

I am so getting old. I finally put Zack Efron's face to his name when I saw the Charlie St. Cloud trailer yesterday.

overedge
07-28-2010, 11:43 PM
No, she's a newish movie starlet who's rather outspoken. She was in the first 2 Transformers movies and will not be in the third one, possibly because she's a pain to work with (although that is just a rumor AFAIK).

And speaking of 90210, she just married Brian Austin Green (a/k/a that rap superstar David Silver) from the original series.