PDA

View Full Version : Strangest potato chip(crisp) flavour you have tried or seen in store

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Seerek
07-27-2010, 12:19 PM
There are the standard potato chip flavour types, then there are the.... not so standard flavours. Chip companies are always trying out new flavours in their product offering, but some fail so miserably, they are gone within months.

What's the strangest or most unusual potato chip flavour you have seen or tried? Was it good?

Rex
07-27-2010, 12:34 PM
When I was stationed in Japan, they had shrimp and squid-flavored chips. I actually saw some squid-flavored chips at an Asian supermarket years ago....I am sure they are still there :lol:.

milanessa
07-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Not real but years ago some company in England introduced hedgehog flavored crisps as an April Fool's prank. Yuck.

mocha-ice
07-27-2010, 01:42 PM
I've seen a lot of weird flavours... Tandoori, Szechwan, General Tao Chicken, Feta&Olive... never had the guts to try them!

Weirdest flavour I ever tried was fries and gravy, and it was really yummy...

orientalplane
07-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Not real but years ago some company in England introduced hedgehog flavored crisps as an April Fool's prank. Yuck.

They were real (not made with real hedgehogs of course :lol:) - I remember them from when I was a small child. Despite the novelty value, they never became popular and didn't last long.

CynicElle
07-27-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm partial to Kettle Spicy Thai chips, although they're hard to find these days.

essence_of_soy
07-27-2010, 01:50 PM
There is an Asian Grocery Store near my gym that sells the weirdest flavored chips. Not that I risked trying them but from memory, the green curry chickpea chips sounded positively scary.

allezfred
07-27-2010, 01:58 PM
I've had chocolate covered crisps/potato chips in Japan. Surprisingly good.

Wasabi flavoured Pringles were interesting.

SHARPIE this year brought us over a load of different flavours that Walkers had on sale to tie in with the World Cup.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/apr/05/charlie-brooker-world-cup-crisps

Hindernisse
07-27-2010, 02:18 PM
I saw blue potato chips sold in JFK airport two weeks ago. Didn't dare to try.

jenlyon60
07-27-2010, 02:34 PM
The blue potato chips/crisps are actually very good. They're from a potato that is naturally blue-fleshed.

Veronika
07-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Honey BBQ Ribs--I got this flavor at Target a few weeks ago, and they really did taste like ribs. Target also has a garlic rosemary flavor and used to have a Jamaican Jerk flavor.

GarrAarghHrumph
07-27-2010, 02:50 PM
The blue potato chips/crisps are actually very good. They're from a potato that is naturally blue-fleshed.

They're a tiny bit sweeter and thicker than normal potato chips. They're up there in my favorites. Lovely.

In the UK, they sell prawn flavored crisps. I haven't tried those, as I'm not a fan of shellfish.

In the US, we get dill flavored, which isn't bad at all. It's a bit like salt and vinegar.

I like the chili ones, the ones made from sweet potatos instead of normal potatos, and the ones with salt and pepper on them. But my faves are still plain, lightly salted.

BBQ flavored is one that I really dislike. Onion and garlic as well.

The Village Idiot
07-27-2010, 03:07 PM
This is probably not strange to the rest of the world, but to Americans Chicken flavored chips are a novelty. I had those as well as Honey Soy Chicken while I was in Australia (my friend had them in London) and they are yummy.

Holley Calmes
07-27-2010, 03:11 PM
I bought a small bag of Doritos "Third Degree Burn Habanero" flavor corn chips. I ate one. Those things are dangerous, and I love hot food!

michiruwater
07-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Seriously?? I need to try those!