PDA

View Full Version : Strangest potato chip(crisp) flavour you have tried or seen in store

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

zaphyre14
07-27-2010, 08:02 PM
I saw a bag in a health food store labelled "Potato-flavored" potato chips. I'm still trying to figure that out. I thought maybe it was supposed to be "sweet potato" but, no, a check of the ingredients just listed "potato." I suppose I should have bought a bag but the idea of "potato-flavored" creeped me out and they were hideously expensive besides.

kwanfan1818
07-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Not real but years ago some company in England introduced hedgehog flavored crisps as an April Fool's prank. Yuck.
La Casa Gelato (http://www.lacasagelato.com/), the gelato place my Vancouver neighborhood, which boasts 218 flavors at a time and which was a haunt of mella and Hedwig during the Olympics, offered hedgehog as a flavor recently. (I did not sample it.)

I've had chocolate covered crisps/potato chips in Japan. Surprisingly good.
That's because they contain three of the four food groups: chocolate, salt, and grease.

RFOS
07-27-2010, 08:08 PM
These aren't potato chips, but since the thread has drifted to other kinds of chips already anyway, I'll mention them. They're really good, but also expensive.
http://www.deanosjalapenos.com/

I haven't tried the Habanero doritos, but those sound good too. :EVILLE:

Rex
07-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Anything is better than Pringle's....those are some NASTY-ASS chips!!

Southpaw
07-27-2010, 08:39 PM

You've obviously never had the bean pie flavor ones.

Rex
07-27-2010, 08:42 PM

:rofl: I'll PASS, thank you.

overedge
07-27-2010, 08:49 PM

Are they endorsed by the Nation of Islam?

Southpaw
07-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Are they endorsed by the Nation of Islam?

They're the official snack of the Million Man Crunch.

skatemommy
07-27-2010, 10:33 PM
I love the chips from Canada that are ketschup flavored. You can't get them here in the states. Also the REAL Hawaiian Kettle Chips are incredible. They come in a clear bag with red writing.

gkelly
07-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Not real but years ago some company in England introduced hedgehog flavored crisps as an April Fool's prank. Yuck.

They were real (not made with real hedgehogs of course :lol:) - I remember them from when I was a small child. Despite the novelty value, they never became popular and didn't last long.

So did they really taste like hedgehogs? How would you know?

Ditto on the gelato.

peibeck
07-27-2010, 10:54 PM
There is an Asian Grocery Store near my gym that sells the weirdest flavored chips. Not that I risked trying them but from memory, the green curry chickpea chips sounded positively scary.

I like chickpeas and I like curry, this doesn't sound too awful to me. :shuffle:

My friends love those "chips" that are made from seaweed. They taste like a salty mouthful of grass to me. And it doesn't help that they kind of look like a green Cheeto... or goose poop. :scream:

skatingfan5
07-27-2010, 10:55 PM
So did they really taste like hedgehogs? How would you know?

Ditto on the gelato.I assumed they were talking about some sort of food item called a "hedgehog (http://www.cuisine.com.au/recipe/hedgehog-slice)" rather than the actual little critter. The previous link or this one (http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/hedgehog-cookies/Detail.aspx) might be appropriate for gelato, while this one (http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/hedgehogs-2/Detail.aspx) might be a chip/crisp flavour.

Jenna
07-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Lay's vinegar flavored chips. Tried them once and I wanted to *insert vomit emoticon*.

cruisin
07-27-2010, 11:06 PM
I've had chocolate covered crisps/potato chips in Japan. Surprisingly good.

Those are actually very easy to get in the US. almost every candy store has them. They are yummy!

I love the chips from Canada that are ketschup flavored. You can't get them here in the states. Also the REAL Hawaiian Kettle Chips are incredible. They come in a clear bag with red writing.

You can get them in the US. They have them in the grocery stores here - Herr's makes them, and Pringles came out with them too. I don't like ketchup, so I've never had them, but I would bet Herr's is better than Pringles.

For a very short time they had steak flavored potato chips. They tasted like french fries that had soaked up the juice from steaks, only crispy. It may not sound good, but they were, really good.

We have a grocery store around here called Kings. They, recently (within the last 4/5 months) have started making fresh potato chips. They sell them in small paper bags in the deli section and some of the stores keep them warm (under the warmer lights, with the cooked chickens) - they're amazing! They don't make them every day, though. So, you have to get lucky.

chipso1
07-27-2010, 11:10 PM

False. Pringles are the only way to go. :)