PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Meier Nike Run Photoshoot

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Kasey
07-27-2010, 10:54 PM
She looks fantastic, and I can imagine quite a few shoes would be sold off of these shots!

museksk8r
07-28-2010, 03:31 PM
The shoe is one of the Nike Free shoes. I don't know if you know these but they are very light, the feeling is close to wearing nothing and run barefoot.

What a clever ad campaign! They make these shoes for men too . . . now we need a nude shoot with Lambiel STAT! :smokin: I so need to look into getting a pair. :)

Jackie Sparrow
07-28-2010, 04:14 PM
What a clever ad campaign! They make these shoes for men too . . . now we need a nude shoot with Lambiel STAT! :smokin: I so need to look into getting a pair. :)
The shoes got numbers on the side of the sole. 0.0 would be barefoot, the lowest you get is 3.0. IIRC Sarah is wearing 7.0.

RumbleFish
07-29-2010, 05:14 AM
I'd give her a 3 point GOE to her body lol.

leafygreens
07-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Love her but why does she have to be naked? Gimmick. :rolleyes:

stevlin
07-30-2010, 01:25 AM

I guess she chose to be naked to get attention. All the "talk" is about Mao, Yuna, Joannie, etc. Maybe she feels left out or forgotten so being naked would certainly get her some limelight. So many have done the "nude" thing like Kat Witt, Maria Butyrskya, Tanya [can't spell her last name] from Germany. I have more respect for those who keep their clothes on.

RD
07-30-2010, 01:37 AM
I guess she chose to be naked to get attention. All the "talk" is about Mao, Yuna, Joannie, etc. Maybe she feels left out or forgotten so being naked would certainly get her some limelight.

I doubt it. I'm all for the clothed shoots, and not a fan of the wild ones, but IMHO there's really nothing crazy about this particular set. I think it was done in good taste.

There are other "nude" shoots she could have done if she really wanted "attention" in that way (cough*ahem), but I think it should also be kept in mind that I believe this is purely a Swiss/European campaign where this stuff doesn't bat an eyelid. From an American viewpoint though, it's going all out (I mean, it's an ad for SHOES after all) and that's probably why we'll never see it here.

If it offended anyone, I apologize but don't say I didn't warn you before you clicked.

museksk8r
07-30-2010, 02:33 AM
From an American viewpoint though, it's going all out (I mean, it's an ad for SHOES after all) and that's probably why we'll never see it here.

You're kidding, right? I'm assured that the majority of Americans are not prudes. There's a large sector of this nation that glorifies women like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian, whose popularity both increased as a result of their sex tapes. Pamela Anderson sure isn't known because of her acting ability. Music videos, television shows, movies, and the internet glorify sex and the nude/semi-nude bodies of men and women. When our economy was doing better, the adult entertainment industry was one of, if not THE, most successful markets here. I believe there was a study on 60 minutes that estimated Americans spent somewhere around $10 billion a year on adult entertainment. And not to let myself be misunderstood, I of course am not implying that Sarah's ad is anywhere in the same spectrum as doing a sex tape because it clearly isn't. Another example is the enormously popular Old Spice ad with the half naked man . . . it's easily the company's most successful ad campaign ever!

geod2
07-30-2010, 02:34 AM
I doubt it. I'm all for the clothed shoots, and not a fan of the wild ones, but IMHO there's really nothing crazy about this particular set. I think it was done in good taste.

If it offended anyone, I apologize but don't say I didn't warn you before you clicked.

ITA.

Besides, she got paid. In this economy getting paid for anything is a good thing (well, maybe not anything...).

Maybe she wants some attention, too.... and the harm would be ???????

It's funny how some people are warned that there is nudity and they might be offended.....but they look anyway....just to be sure!!!

:rofl:

RD
07-30-2010, 06:46 AM
You're kidding, right? I'm assured that the majority of Americans are not prudes. There's a large sector of this nation that glorifies women like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian, whose popularity both increased as a result of their sex tapes.

The same sector of the nation that blew its top when Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction happened during the SB. :P

kidding on the "same" part, well, actually, maybe not.

well sex sells, no getting around that. Honestly, I have mixed thoughts about it too.

zhenya271
07-30-2010, 08:04 AM

I guess she chose to be naked to get attention. All the "talk" is about Mao, Yuna, Joannie, etc. Maybe she feels left out or forgotten so being naked would certainly get her some limelight. So many have done the "nude" thing like Kat Witt, Maria Butyrskya, Tanya [can't spell her last name] from Germany. I have more respect for those who keep their clothes on.

The shoe is one of the Nike Free shoes. I don't know if you know these but they are very light, the feeling is close to wearing nothing and run barefoot.

Well, I think from what Jackie describes about this particular line of Nike's it's a fitting campaign. Besides she's covered!:rolleyes:

igniculus
08-01-2010, 08:08 AM

BS. Sarah is no desperate attention whore, and has at least the same level of beauty and elegance as the ladies mentioned above. This is an artistic photoshoot and not skampy attempt to promote herself.

Kasey
08-02-2010, 12:30 AM
I guess she chose to be naked to get attention. All the "talk" is about Mao, Yuna, Joannie, etc. Maybe she feels left out or forgotten so being naked would certainly get her some limelight.

Or perhaps that is what the ad campaign was wanting, and being a beautiful and elegant young woman with absolutely nothing to be ashamed of in terms of her athletic body, thought it would be something worth trying, especially when she is young and looks the way she does. There is absolutely nothing about Meier that has ever struck me as "attention whore"; on the contrary, she has always appeared to have a lot of dignity and class. That is not banished by choosing to do a tasteful nude photo shoot.

leafygreens
08-04-2010, 04:52 AM
Or perhaps that is what the ad campaign was wanting, and being a beautiful and elegant young woman with absolutely nothing to be ashamed of in terms of her athletic body, thought it would be something worth trying, especially when she is young and looks the way she does.

There's other ways to show an athletic body though - for example I loved Kimmie's Under Amour ads. Sarah will be beautiful no matter what she wears, so I just don't see the point in being naked. Like someone mentioned we are in this Paris Hilton society where getting naked is like a cheap gimmick, but maybe to the Europeans it's seen as more of an art. It's just not appealing to me though.

Poggi
08-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I thought it was the whole concept of the ad: the shoes are so light, that it feels like you wear nothing... maybe I was mistaken?