PDA

View Full Version : Shizuka Arakawa & Friends on Ice (incl. e.g. Evan)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

candle15
08-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks midori:saint:

I love Kulik's staking and appearance. :)

Can i watch the video clip?

midori
08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Must be "If it kills me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nqrbrjnoEU)".
Thanks!

Korean male singers?? :confused:

Ilia skated to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WwbFyD98w

Willowway
08-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Ilia could have changed his music but originally he skated to "Mustang Nismo" by Brian Tyler (red and black costume) and "Mad" by NeYo (white costume) for these programs. The Ne Yo piece does have a Korean version so perhaps he used that.

midori
08-30-2010, 05:51 PM
The second act.

- Men's group number
Daisuke, Kozuka, Takeshi come in as hip-hop style, then Yamato, Evan, and Ilia in ... I do not remember what style there did, but they were tall :)
After all six of them joined they skate to hip-hop again.
Dai dances very hard and Ilia is also great.

All but Daisuke leaves the ice and Shizuka comes in with microphones, and a cup of water for Dai so he can speak :)

- Shizuka interviews Daisuke on ice
The number above was produced by Daisuke. That was Shizuka's idea and asked him if he is interested in. Dai took it seriously and did a great job.

It was long and random interview with a lot of fun. I did not take notes but there must be details in posts in Dai's forum :)

In one show Shizuka asked how the experience of producing a number was, and Daisuke said: "I feel sorry about that I used to goof around and not listen well when practicing opening and finale for past shows." :rofl:

After the interview Daisuke introduces the next skater, Shae-Lynn, and passes a message from her to the audience "please stand up during the program and enjoy!"

- Shae-Lynn Bourne
Single Ladies
The program does not have much skating but she dances right in front of the first row, in all four sides.

- Takeshi Honda
IIRC it was some sort of ballad with long eagles, and the crowd loves his eagle :swoon:

- Takahiko Kozuka
FS program on Sunday (as explained in the previous report).
I do not recognize the music but my friend told me it is Liszt. His fan site says it is Piano Concert #1.
Choreographed by Marina Zoueva.
For the costume I think it was for Take Five or for other past program.
In the last show he landed a 4T in the program.

It did not look like competition-ready yet, but it looked like a very complex program. Lurve the step sequences showing off his edges.

After this rather profound music, suddenly the music for the next skater starts playing, the skater in this outfit (http://www.friendsonice.com/photolog/popup.php?id=204) comes in and gives Kozuka a big kiss, who tries to avoid it.

- "Yamato Nadeshiko (http://www.friendsonice.com/photolog/popup.php?id=205)," or so introduced. (Yamato Tamura)
The program is : :rofl::rofl::rofl:
The music is "Big Blonde, and Beautiful" from Hairspray the musical, sounds like OBC recording to me.
Simply fun program, plus he lands big jumps like 3-3 with the fake fat around the body.

- Ilia Kulik
Mustang Nismo. (Thanks Willowway!) in a black tank top, red leather pants, and sunglasses.
3z again, Cantilever, very high Butterfly.
Lurve how his every pose looks cool.

- Miki Ando
In a white dress.
I did not realize her basic skating was this smooth until this show.

- Pang/Tong
Impossible dreams.

- Yuka Sato
In the afternoon show she was wearing big polka dot costume, like 1950's.

In the evening show: Clair de lune. Priceless.

- Evan Lysacek
Man in the Mirror

- Daisuke Takahashi
Mambo (SP, by Shae-Lynn)
On Sunday he was wearing the plain orange costume (with stones) in both shows.
Very flamboyant program and people love it. Or laugh hard ;) Highly entertaining.
There is a big pose during the slss and I knew it's coming but it was most impressive and I could not help laughing aloud.
Overall impressions by emoticons: :eek::rofl::cheer:

In the afternoon show after the bow he imitated practicing checking jumps, following his coach in the first act ;)

- Shizuka Arakawa
"Who wants to live forever"
In light purple.
No Ina Bauer in the program and she performs it when she leaves the ice :)

- Finale
IIRC the finale was rather short this year.

- Extra after the finale
Bonus part only for the last show.

Ilia and Takeshi did sbs Butterfly.
Tanith and Shae-Lynn did hydroblading in a circle.
Pang/Tong did a throw jump.
Ben lied down on the ice on the stomach and moved like a seal LOL
Miki, Akiko and Shizuka went for combination jumps but there were lots of obstacles (I mean, other skaters) near the jumping space and none of them did well.
Yamato fell on 4T, Kozuka landed 4T (2ft?), Takahashi fell on 4F.
Then Evan joined. Last year in this circumstance, I though he went for 3A but it was only a death drop ;)
This year he really went for a toe loop but doubled. Then he went again without a break, and landed 4T :cheer: Takeshi, Dai and the boys all cheering hard.

- Closing
Shizuka on the ice with a microphone, thanks to everyone and hoping we can have this show again in the next year.
Then Ina Bauer and 3T with holding the microphone, says good bye, and the show is over.

Willowway
08-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Sounds like a great show - thank you Midori for taking the time to include the rest of us who couldn't be there.

MikiAndoFan#1
08-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Thank you for your wonderful reports, midori!

:cheer2:

matsupan
08-31-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks to uploder!

evan landed quad!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KdKCskHaxo&feature=player_embedded

Meredith
08-31-2010, 01:18 AM
Thank you, Midori. I don't know which was more entertaining, your descriptions of each part of the show, or your use of emoticons. :)

kwanfan1818
08-31-2010, 05:45 AM
:cheer2: midori!

Loves_Shizuka
08-31-2010, 11:18 AM
We love you midori.

xy3026rosa
08-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Midori:Could you tell me more about Pang/Tong in this show.I am very grateful to you.
Do you have some photos about them? Thank you.

kittyjake5
08-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Thank you Midori for your detailed report. I am hoping youtube will have some of the programs up soon.

candle15
08-31-2010, 02:12 PM
I summarised it, but Shizuka also wrote about her show;

She decides who to invite to appear in the show and makes offers directly herself.
She also directs, decides the order of appearances and what food to offer at the backstage, and be a MC.
It's because she wants the show to feel like an annual reunion among the participating skaters, and would like them all to feel they actively contribute to the making of the show.
She chooses and asks different skaters to choreograph the opening and group numbers and finale. It costs more than using one choreographer to do all of them like other shows, but it's worth it as the audience can enjoy the different 'personalities' in group numbers in one show.
Often, it makes it easier for the skaters to throw in their own ideas when other guest skaters are choreographing, and it tends to improve the show.
She wants as many skaters as possible to have an opportunity to choreograph, so she asks different skaters each year. She chose Daisuke this year. She heard he's planning to do a Hip Hop number.
She publicly seeks a kid skater to appear in the show. This year, she is planning a group number with the kid skater and 4 former lady's world champions, who are also participating the show.
She organises dinner every night for the skaters to encourage 'off the ice' bonding and networking. It is not mandatory but everyone comes.
This is the 5th year for the show and there will be the third consecutive appearance by Evan Lysacek and Pang / Tong this year, and Daisuke is a regular from the very first. All of them medalled in Vancouver. She hopes joining her show somehow influenced them positively, even a tiny bit, for their success the last season.

No wonder it is called 'Friends on Ice'!

It's a real shame I cannot go as I live on the other side of the globe, but will patiently await TV broadcasting and hopefully some clips will appear on youtube, etc...

Thank you mmot. :saint:
I'm so happy to read.

mmot
08-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Thank you, Midori! I felt - even a teeny weeny bit - as if I had been there. Every end of summer, when Friends on Ice is on, I wish I was still living in Japan!

candle15, you are most welcome! What a little I can do...

midori
08-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Midori:Could you tell me more about Pang/Tong in this show

Well, they were great, flawless and wowed the audience just as usual. There was not much to report :P

Besides:
- Shizuka told us that she and Qing Pang shared a room all during US tour in 2007 (COI, I think), and that was the beginning of the friendship.
- This is just personal but in the finale, Qing Pang noticed my banner for them and told Jian Tong with pointing at it. That made me very happy :rollin:

Do you have some photos about them? Thank you.

There are some on the official site if you follow the link in this thread.
Personal cameras are prohibited in ice shows and competitions in Japan.