PDA

View Full Version : Fred Phelps vs. Comic Book Nerds

Pages : [1] 2

Anita18
07-24-2010, 06:51 AM
This is the greatest response to Fred Phelps and his crazy minions.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/07/22/super-heroes-vs-the-westboro-baptist-church/

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/07/comic-con_reacts_to_fred_phelp.php

I think the comic book nerds won. :cheer: I wish I was there to witness the awesomeness.

overedge
07-24-2010, 06:55 AM
BWAHAHA!!! "Odin is God - read The Mighty Thor #5" :rofl:

Fergus
07-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Brilliant! :)

Spiralgraph
07-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Fantastic. Ridicule works. :)

Reuven
07-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Lurves the Jesus–complete with halo! :rofl:

The Accordion
07-24-2010, 06:28 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

uyeahu
07-24-2010, 06:57 PM
"What do we want? Gay Sex. When do we want it? Now."

:lol:

Aussie Willy
07-25-2010, 07:45 AM
That was a pretty cool Jesus.

Isn't there anything that stupid Westboro church doesn't protest against?

The Accordion
07-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Didn't they recently protest at a soldier's funeral saying that God was killing American soldiers as punishment for allowing homosexuality - or something like that?

Jot the Dot Dot
07-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Didn't they recently protest at a soldier's funeral saying that God was killing American soldiers as punishment for allowing homosexuality - or something like that?

They do that constantly. I say Phcuk the Phelps, they are one Phcuked up Phamily. (ideas for counter-picket signs. Picture of Phred Phelps saying "The Phelps Hate America", next to a depiction of Uncle Sam saying "The pheeling is mutual". Sign reading "Without Brain Cells")

Lorac
07-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Fantastic. Ridicule works. :)

Exactly - the more the merrier IMHO!! Way to go comic book nerds :D

Reuven
07-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Didn't they recently protest at a soldier's funeral saying that God was killing American soldiers as punishment for allowing homosexuality - or something like that?This is what the Church of the Inbreds do.

The Accordion
07-25-2010, 05:58 PM
In Vancouver a year ago or so a small and I think new theatre company was producing "The Laramie Project". Word soon got out that Fred and co.were on their way to protest the show. This and the counter protests that were being planned got so much press that the show pretty much instantly sold out.

Although Fred never did make an appearance - the company could never in a million years have afforded so much press. So I thiink that was pretty good reverse karma for FP!

The Fred Phelps scene in TLP is also pretty awesomely satisfying.

Good for Comic Con.

musicgurl
07-26-2010, 04:25 AM
In Vancouver a year ago or so a small and I think new theatre company was producing "The Laramie Project". Word soon got out that Fred and co.were on their way to protest the show. This and the counter protests that were being planned got so much press that the show pretty much instantly sold out.

Although Fred never did make an appearance - the company could never in a million years have afforded so much press. So I thiink that was pretty good reverse karma for FP!

The Fred Phelps scene in TLP is also pretty awesomely satisfying.

Good for Comic Con.

They were going to try and protest the guy who got beheaded on the greyhound in Manitoba too. But the border patrol were told not to let any of them through. And I seriously wish I could have been at Comic-Con to see that. Actually I just really wish I could go to the Con.

mpal2
07-26-2010, 05:03 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/07/comic-con_reacts_to_fred_phelp.php

If you zoom in on the 2nd picture in this link you can see a guy on the right that has a sign asking for free Comic-Con tickets. Never waste an opportunity if you've got it. :rofl: