PDA

View Full Version : Covert Affairs

Bostonfan
07-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Anyone watching this? It's my new summer guilty pleasure. It's like Alias, but with a sense of humor and it doesn't take itself so seriously.

Garden Kitty
07-22-2010, 01:43 PM
I saw the first episode and liked it enought to try again, but the second episode is tivo'd and I haven't watched it yet.

milanessa
07-22-2010, 02:48 PM
I've never heard of this show so was expecting (from the thread title) to see some really personal (too personal) stories. :lol:

Wyliefan
07-22-2010, 03:13 PM
I've DVRed both episodes but haven't had a chance to watch very much yet. From what little I've seen, it doesn't look as good as Psych or White Collar, but I'm willing to give it a try.

galaxygirl
07-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Well, shoot. I recorded and watched the first episode but neglected to set up a series recording and missed the second episode. Fortunately, it's being repeated this weekend.

I've DVRed both episodes but haven't had a chance to watch very much yet. From what little I've seen, it doesn't look as good as Psych or White Collar, but I'm willing to give it a try.

The first episode wasn't as good but it was still a lot of fun.

Capella
07-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I love Piper Perabo and think she's great in this show. Also like the blind guy from Ugly Betty. Not feeling crazy about the rest of the cast. Having a hard time getting past Cutthroat Bitch as big sister/mommy, but that's my issue, not the show's. Don't like the boss chick and her husband, but they've been pretty one-dimensional so far, so maybe they'll be more fleshed out in future episodes.

The second episode had a different look from the pilot. It was very "wow, we got picked up as a series and now we need to get permanent sets and opening credits and stuff!" which is obivously understandable.

I'll keep watching (because there isn't much else on) but I'm not instantly attached to this like I was to "Royal Pains" and "Army Wives." It may just be one of those shows that needs to find its groove and the right cast mix. The two leads are great and that's probably the most important.

One other new show that HAS sucked me in is TNT's "Rizzoli and Isles." That show has made me literally jump off the couch in surprise/fear. A little gory, but that matches the overall intensity.

Wyliefan
07-22-2010, 08:03 PM
I love Piper Perabo and think she's great in this show. Also like the blind guy from Ugly Betty. Not feeling crazy about the rest of the cast. Having a hard time getting past Cutthroat Bitch as big sister/mommy, but that's my issue, not the show's. Don't like the boss chick and her husband, but they've been pretty one-dimensional so far, so maybe they'll be more fleshed out in future episodes.

I'm inclined to like boss chick because I remember her from the Nero Wolfe series. Funny how all these things play into our feelings about actors and characters. :)

Matryeshka
07-27-2010, 03:03 AM
I just caught the episodes over the week-end, and I liked it. Cute, not too serious, had a sleek look that I love in my summer basic cable TV shows. Piper Perabo is great. I like Boss-Chick and Peter Gallagher's character, but I don't like the husband-wife storyline, it bogs the show down.

Stacie78
07-27-2010, 11:46 PM
I love Covert Affairs! I think Piper Perabo is terrific in this series and I like the boss lady from Leverage as Nate Ford's ex-wife. It's a fun guilty pleasure. I watched Psych for the first time today and thought that was fun as well.