PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Yuna's GP replacement!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

haribobo
07-20-2010, 12:08 AM
So the ISU has recently become a democracy and they are allowing us to vote via FSU poll for who should get Yuna's GP events! (ok maybe that was a joke) ;) But anyway, who would you select? Multiple choice allowed since there are 2 spots...

(1) Joshi Helgesson SB 45
(1) Jenna McCorkell SB 33
(1) Elena Glebova SB 36
(1) Amanda Dobbs SB 23 (new)
(1) Min-Jung Kwak 26 SB (new)
(1) Amelie Lacoste 30 SB
(1) Alexe Gilles 31 SB
(1) Myriane Samson 33 SB
(1) Valentina Marchei 34 SB
(1) Kristine Musademba 39 SB (new)
(1) Diane Szmiett SB 41

Sylvia
07-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Yu-Na Kim's GP assignments were China (#3) and Russia (#5).

(1) Joshi Helgesson SWE (#3 Cup of China)
(1) Jenna McCorkell GBR (#4 Skate America)
(1) Elena Glebova EST (#5 Cup of Russia)
(1) Amanda Dobbs USA (#3 Cup of China)
(1) Min-Jung Kwak KOR (#4 Skate America)
(1) Amelie Lacoste CAN (#4 Skate America)
(1) Alexe Gilles USA (#2 Skate Canada)
(1) Myriane Samson CAN (#5 Cup of Russia)
(1) Valentina Marchei ITA (#5 Cup of Russia)
(1) Kristine Musademba USA (#3 Cup of China)
(1) Diane Szmiett SB CAN (#1 NHK Trophy)
Also:
(1) Anastasia Gimazetdinova UZB SB 51 (#3 Cup of China) (how could you not give her an individual poll slot?! :drama:)
(1) Sonia Lafuente ESP SB 52 (#6 TEB)

oleada
07-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Cheltzie Lee for the GP! :mitchell: ;)

HisWeirness
07-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Cheltzie and Min-Jung! :cheer2:

(ok, probably not Kwak because she has SA, but she should get a second invite!)

if not Kwak, Amanda Dobbs for Rostelecom Cup because she has the highest SB of the 1-GP assignment ladies.

Cheltzie can do CoC (if she is training in AUS this is the closest GP to her anyway).

MikiAndoFan#1
07-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Cheltzie and Min-Jung! :cheer2:

Definately!

:cheer2:

Cheylana
07-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Another vote for Cheltzie! :)

Fallcolor
07-20-2010, 01:27 AM
ALEXE GILLES please!! :cheer: :cheer2: That way we get to see her back to back.

Otherwise i guess Valentina Marchei wouldn't be all that bad. Felt bad for her not making the olympic team...

RockTheTassel
07-20-2010, 01:32 AM
I'd love to see Cheltzie as well. She had a great season last year and deserves a GP assignment.

pinky166
07-20-2010, 02:36 AM
Cheltzie! And Min-Jung so she can get 2 GPs ! Dobbs and Musademba still have a shot at getting SA as a 2nd GP so I think of all the skaters who only have 1 GP so far, Min-Jung is the most qualified to get a 2nd GP, her SB score is quite high on the list. And she's just so darn cute :)

pinky166
07-20-2010, 02:41 AM
So according to SBs, it would be Dobbs and Kwak, but there are already 3 American ladies at CoC, so Dobbs would do COR and Kwak would do CoC. But Cheltzie hasn't gotten an initial assignment yet so maybe they'd give her a GP first? And if she got COR then Dobbs couldn't get Yuna's 2nd spot b/c she already is going to be at CoC (and there's already 3 American ladies), so it would go to Kwak, but that's if they went according to highest SBs which they might not. Or if Cheltzie got CoC and Dobbs would get COR if they went according to SBs, but she's also being considered for SA, and you can't do 3 GPs right? And even if she did SA for pairs, that would be 3 international competitions in a row, which would probably be too much. I'm confused. But regardless it looks like Kwak has a decent shot at getting a 2nd event!

Jenna
07-20-2010, 02:42 AM
This is OT, but what are the chances of Cesario getting one of the Skate America slots based on her performances at Liberty?

chipso1
07-20-2010, 03:15 AM
This is OT, but what are the chances of Cesario getting one of the Skate America slots based on her performances at Liberty?

It's probably too soon to tell. She very well may be on the JGP, which would take her out of consideration for a SA spot. I'm sure the USFS will wait to decide on the SA TBA's until after some Senior B's.

jlai
07-20-2010, 03:21 AM

Not very likely. Given how little int. experience Cesario has chances are she's going to JGP.

I suspect USFSA wouldhave sent Agnes Z. to JGP for the same reason had she not opted for the GP herself.

Ziggy
07-20-2010, 04:28 AM
Cheltzie Lee please. I don't care much to whom the second spot goes, as long as it's not yet another US skater.

Marco
07-20-2010, 04:53 AM
Given her results at 4CCs, Olympics and Worlds, I am surprised Cheltzie does not already have an assignment secured based on world ranking or season best scores.

Go Cheltzie!!!