PDA

View Full Version : Melina Kanakaredes is leaving CSI NY

Pages : [1] 2

ballettmaus
07-13-2010, 02:30 AM
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/12/melina-kanakaredes-exits-csi-ny/

It all sounds rather strange... weird timing and a different article by the same author stated pay cuts to be the reason for her leaving. Why that was changed remains a mystery but with as little information as their is, it seems as if there's more to it than everyone is saying.

Rex
07-13-2010, 03:21 AM
I like Sela, but Melina helps to make CSI: NY.

Holley Calmes
07-13-2010, 03:37 AM
Oh no! I love her hair! She's like one of the main people....damn.

Glad Eddie Ciprian is gone from Miami though. I think the whole Leanne Rhimes thing is tawdry. I think the bad press caught up with him.

Rex
07-13-2010, 03:39 AM
Oh no! I love her hair! She's like one of the main people....damn.

Glad Eddie Ciprian is gone from Miami though. I think the whole Leanne Rhimes thing is tawdry. I think the bad press caught up with him.

Plus, allegedly he behaved like a Diva Douche on the set as well.

I've loved Melina ever since she played Eleni on The Guiding Light. So beautiful.

shan
07-13-2010, 04:41 AM
I've loved Melina ever since she played Eleni on The Guiding Light. So beautiful.

I remember watching GL during those days when she was married to Alan-Michael somebody. Am I right? :P

caseyedwards
07-13-2010, 04:42 AM
I watched her on Providence and liked her and watched CSI NY sometimes

Auntie
07-13-2010, 10:50 AM

Ohhh, me too! She has "it", doesn't she?

skatesindreams
07-13-2010, 02:24 PM
My admiration for her dates back to "Guiding Light", also.
I hope that she finds another project, soon.

Tony Wheeler
07-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Eh, CSI NY got moved from Wednesday to Friday nights (at 9:00) so I can't see it making it out of this next season, anyways. I think it still earns respectable viewing numbers but IIRC it trails both the original and Miami.

Rex
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I remember watching GL during those days when she was married to Alan-Michael somebody. Am I right? :P

Yeah, but she was really in love with the owner of that diner, Frank :smokin: hot Frank.

Ohhh, me too! She has "it", doesn't she?

Yes, she does. She'll get another show if that is what she wants.

I just don't see Sela Ward doing this show. I like her and all, but she's too beauty queen for this show :slinkaway .

JJH
07-13-2010, 05:21 PM
GL-Stavros said "I brought you the best girl from the island!" (Crete-Kriti)
Melina is the best girl from Manhattan, too. Sniffle. She doesn't have that endlessly same pretty cookie-cutter look.

And (for writing and acting) CSI:NY kicks the stuffing out of CSI:Miami with pretentious Howdy-Doody in sunglasses.

ChelleC
07-13-2010, 05:41 PM

Alan-Michael Spaulding (aka one of my favorite soap characters ever)

Jot the Dot Dot
07-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Darn! Series just won't be the same without the Beautiful Greek Goddess.

ballettmaus
07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
The replacement is official now. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/release?id=25514
I apologize if the link doesn't work, it doesn't work for me. Not sure if one needs to be registered or something.
But Sela Ward is the official replacement... and apparently supposed to be a similiar character, emotionally driven. :rolleyes:

I'm quite disappointed, I loved Stella on the show. She was such a great character.

quintia
07-13-2010, 09:50 PM
No!!! :( Stella is one of my two favorites on CSI: NY, with the other being Flack. The show won't be the same without her.