PDA

View Full Version : Switzerland Won't Extradite Polanski to the US

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Ziggy
07-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Who is Johann Hari?

He's a journalist working for The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/).

MOIJTO
07-14-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sorry you went through that. I know a few people on this board have been through something similar, and I know a surprisingly large number of people in real life who have been raped or sexually assaulted, including myself (not raped, thank God), and it really disgusts me that people are trying to mitigate what Polanski did. There is no justification.

However, I honestly do not believe there was any Swiss conspiracy to free him. Anyone who has been on the wrong side of Swiss administrative procedures (:shuffle:)knows that they stick to the rules, whatever they may be, no matter how stupid they seem etc.

It is really unfortunate and I hope that there is another chance in future to make Polanski face justice.
:)

But as long as there is power and money to keep Mr. Polanski on the lamb, oh well.

Jackie Sparrow
07-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Another article (http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/specials/polanski/Polanski_verdict_makes_legal_sense.html?cid=179552 98)

Southpaw
07-15-2010, 03:58 PM
But as long as there is power and money to keep Mr. Polanski on the lamb, oh well.

Is he made of mint jelly?

skatingfan5
07-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Is he made of mint jelly?No, I think rosemary is more likely. :slinkaway

olympic
07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
No, I think rosemary is more likely. :slinkaway

That joke was :yikes:

heckles
07-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Johann Hair being furious about Polanski being let free:
http://johannhari.com/2010/07/13/congratulations-polanski-defenders-now-the-child-rapist-walks-unpunished

Thanks for the link. Interesting Polanski quote:

"But... ****ing, you see, and the young girls. Judges want to **** young girls. Juries want to **** young girls. Everyone wants to **** young girls!"

I guess you learn something everyday.

kosjenka
07-18-2010, 01:10 PM
I fail to understand people who are defending Polanski. You can not talk about this and see him only as an amazing director (matter of opinion if you ask me) and pull the line that he is a grown man, as he was back in 1977 and not taking responsibilities for his actions that he already confessed to is immoral and should be condemned by everybody.

The fact that his victim moved on is not an issue her. The fact that she has forgiven him - is not an issue. Would this case have more merit if his actions completely ruined her life? Would that be all to take for Polanski to be taken to the court and tried in front of the jury?

I love when people who are defending him say how it was " a mistake from 30 years ago". Rapists make "mistakes".
Mistakes for being caught.

Ziggy
07-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the link. Interesting Polanski quote:

"But... ****ing, you see, and the young girls. Judges want to **** young girls. Juries want to **** young girls. Everyone wants to **** young girls!"

I guess you learn something everyday.

Yeah I love that one.

And it's a lie too, I mean I want to f*** grown men. :P

Twilight1
07-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Shocking the pedophile won't get extradited... :rolleyes: