View Full Version : Gwyneth Paltrow: Most Perfect Person in the World

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Yehudi
08-05-2010, 07:52 PM
This struck me as interesting, from last week's GOOP:

Q:“How might a 40 something jump start a sluggish metabolism?”
Dr. Oz Garcia, who I've been working with, gave us his answer:

[snip]

In order for women to stay lean well into their 40’s, 50’s and 60’s they need to maintain those lean muscles. This means working out every day. Yes, every day. Exercise with increased resistance and lower reps will provide increased muscle density and bone strength.

http://goop.com/newsletter/94/en/

Hasn't she and her personal trainer been promoting a "toning" regime of very low resistance (like no more than 3lbs) and a ridiculous amount of reps? Did osteopenia make her rethink that idea as well?

Rex
08-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Crickets.

But, Rex, I don't get all the haaaattteee. ;)

Blythe Danner went to my High School. And that's about sums up my thoughts on Gwyneth Paltrow. :lol:

Cannot BELIEVE I missed this, but dealing with my mom I haven't been able to read all the threads.....

May I ask what was Blythe like? I enjoy her acting. And I do know she's Quaker, so I can't imagine her being a diva. But I've been wrong about people before. And she DID raise Gwynnie.....:shuffle:....there is some responsibility here.

Yehudi
08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Cannot BELIEVE I missed this, but dealing with my mom I haven't been able to read all the threads.....

May I ask what was Blythe like? I enjoy her acting. And I do know she's Quaker, so I can't imagine her being a diva. But I've been wrong about people before. And she DID raise Gwynnie.....:shuffle:....there is some responsibility here.

I saw something on Celebitchy that Blythe admits to being very encouraging and coddling Gwyneth as a child, which probably may have led to her pretentiousness. On the other hand, celebitchy does say Blythe is very down to earth.

Rex
08-05-2010, 08:23 PM
I saw something on Celebitchy that Blythe admits to being very encouraging and coddling Gwyneth as a child, which probably may have led to her pretentiousness. On the other hand, celebitchy does say Blythe is very down to earth.

I wonder if Blythe attended a Quaker Friends school herself. Is she from Philly?

PeterG
09-11-2013, 10:20 PM
She also owns a gym with her nut job personal trainer that charges $900 a month.

That seems a bit high to me.