PDA

View Full Version : Gwyneth Paltrow: Most Perfect Person in the World

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

vesperholly
07-27-2010, 08:55 AM
Her single with Huey Lewis from the movie Duets was actually pretty good.

michiruwater
07-27-2010, 02:38 PM
But she could have woken up and said, wow, this is SO not the part for me, I'm gonna stay home and exercise for 3 hours a day instead and not torture people with this miscasting :P

Actors surprise people all the time. It may not turn out to be a miscasting.

cruisin
07-27-2010, 03:21 PM
So what does the woman do who has everything?

She records a country song, of course (http://www.theboot.com/2010/07/26/gwyneth-paltrow-country-strong/).

Gwyneth, I know country, and you are SO not country.

I listened to some of the song. I don't like country music much, and don't know if I'm a good judge, but as much as it pains me to say, it didn't sound bad.

She definitely is not country. But as long as she has a script and can't say anything that reflects her own personality, she'll probably pull it off. :D

canbelto
07-27-2010, 06:36 PM
I basically can't stand Gwyneth for one reason: in every interview she talks about how perfect her diet is. Macrobiotic, blah blah blah. "The other day I let myself have a bite of key lime pie and it was delicious!" "But I'd rather starve than have any processed starch!":rolleyes: But she's also a chain smoker. So Gwynnie ... lay off the cancer sticks and have a cheeseburger. It might do wonders for your health.

Wyliefan
07-27-2010, 06:47 PM
She recorded a country song because she's playing a country singer and the studio, of course, is releasing it. I don't think she woke up and said, oh hey, I'm going to be a country singer because I'm so country.

I know. It just struck me as funny, considering all that's been discussed in this thread: The "most perfect person" releasing a song in the genre known for the "my dog died when my lover ran over it stealing my truck and running away with my best friend" type of song. :)

Rex
07-27-2010, 06:49 PM
I basically can't stand Gwyneth for one reason: in every interview she talks about how perfect her diet is. Macrobiotic, blah blah blah. "The other day I let myself have a bite of key lime pie and it was delicious!" "But I'd rather starve than have any processed starch!":rolleyes: But she's also a chain smoker. So Gwynnie ... lay off the cancer sticks and have a cheeseburger. It might do wonders for your health.

I didn't watch it 'cause I cannot stand her, but I hear that she's quite insufferable in that PBS miniseries she did with Mario Batali.

IceAlisa
07-27-2010, 06:53 PM
She SMOKES?????!!!! And talks about the evils of processed starch in the same breath?

euterpe
07-27-2010, 07:02 PM
A chain smoker on a macrobiotic diet? That shows where her head is at when it comes to good health. What an example to set for Apple and Moses!

Jenny
07-27-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm astounded that she smokes.

mila19
07-27-2010, 08:20 PM
At most I can be indifferent to certain celebs, but there's something about her smile, that voice and that brow raising she calls acting, which I find extremely irritating. I recognize she has taste in clothes and men though.

genegri
07-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Well, I suppose when you compare her with the likes of Mel Gibson, she is much closer to perfection. :saint:

In one episode of SATC she was the punch line of a joke. Apparently she suffered from "high self-esteem". :D

Norlite
07-28-2010, 09:16 AM
But she's also a chain smoker. So Gwynnie ... lay off the cancer sticks and have a cheeseburger. It might do wonders for your health.

I remember reading that she quit years ago.

Yehudi
07-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Seriously. And then she acts so shocked that she has a vitamin D deficiency.

She also owns a gym with her nut job personal trainer that charges $900 a month.

http://www.fitsugar.com/Price-Tracy-Anderson-Studio-aka-Gwyneths-Gym-New-York-3400029

Prancer
07-28-2010, 08:00 PM
I remember reading that she quit years ago.

She quit when she found out she was pregnant with Apple.

But she is looking forward to starting again when she is 70, because she loved smoking.

IceAlisa
07-28-2010, 09:53 PM
But she is looking forward to starting again when she is 70, because she loved smoking.

Well, as long as she is on the macrobiotic diet... :rolleyes: