PDA

View Full Version : Gwyneth Paltrow: Most Perfect Person in the World

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

vesperholly
07-13-2010, 08:21 PM
26 years I think.

25 to the day, if you believe CZJ is actually as young as she says (there are rumors that she's quite a bit older).

MacMadame
07-13-2010, 09:21 PM
And let he who hath NOT been petty and narrowminded cast the first stone :P.
Crickets.

But, Rex, I don't get all the haaaattteee. ;)

Blythe Danner went to my High School. And that's about sums up my thoughts on Gwyneth Paltrow. :lol:

olympic
07-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Back OT - Didn't Gwyneth have a falling out with her latest BFF Madonna recently? If so, just wondering if she could be placed in the category of 'difficult to get along with' :shuffle:

mag
07-13-2010, 10:17 PM
25 to the day, if you believe CZJ is actually as young as she says (there are rumors that she's quite a bit older).

I think some parts of her are younger than others ...:shuffle:

overedge
07-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Wales is part of GBR, no? :P It's not like anyone called her accent "English".

So why don't you go to Wales and tell someone there that they're speaking with an "English" or "British" accent, and see how popular that makes you.

Indra486
07-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Back OT - Didn't Gwyneth have a falling out with her latest BFF Madonna recently? If so, just wondering if she could be placed in the category of 'difficult to get along with' :shuffle:

To be fair, Madge is difficult herself. I think she cut Britney off because Britney dropped Kabbalah. :P

Gwyneth is buddies with Liv Tyler, who can do no wrong in my eyes, as well as Robert Downey Jr. so... I'm sure Gwyneth has something charming to her. It's that or Liv and RDJ are just super-awesome people. :shuffle:

John 3 17
07-14-2010, 02:13 AM
So why don't you go to Wales and tell someone there that they're speaking with an "English" or "British" accent, and see how popular that makes you.

overedge, I am against calling it an "English" accent!! Read my post again. All I meant was, Wales *is* a part of Great Britain so to call it a "British" accent is technically correct :P It's more correct to call it "Welsh", however :saint: LOL!

-Bridget :)

Coco
07-14-2010, 02:21 AM

Honestly, for years I held it against GP that she HADN'T had a falling out with Madonna.

Madonna only seems to have unhealthy releationships.

VIETgrlTerifa
07-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Honestly, for years I held it against GP that she HADN'T had a falling out with Madonna.

Madonna only seems to have unhealthy releationships.

I'm a huge fan of Madonna, but I think you're absolutely right.

bek
07-14-2010, 02:51 AM
In fairness to Gwyneth I'll say that she seems to have her head on straight waayy more than a lot of the other people in Hollywood. I.e not getting into the drug scene, etc it seems. Not a Paris Hilton. I'll credit her parents for that. And I know Anthony Hopkins mentioned liking working with her.

But I must agree that I don't find her that beautiful. I mean there are times in her movies where I think she looks beautiful and times that I don't. I like her better as a redhead than as a blonde. But yes, when you hear her saying some of the things she does your just like oookayy. You wish she'd understand though that she's been incredibly priviliged though in ways most people haven't been. Of course though compared to some others I've been privileged too. I do though wish she'd stop speaking for every women, in areas she knows nothing about. Like what it's like for women who don't have maids, nannies etc.

Jubak
07-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Bek - I agree with everything you are saying. She has been able to keep her head on straight. It's your last sentence that hits it on the head. She is a very privileged person & always has been; her attitude towards the average person is where she alienates people.

cruisin
07-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Bek - I agree with everything you are saying. She has been able to keep her head on straight. It's your last sentence that hits it on the head. She is a very privileged person & always has been; her attitude towards the average person is where she alienates people.

That's a pretty big turn off.

Wyliefan
07-27-2010, 02:03 AM
So what does the woman do who has everything?

She records a country song, of course (http://www.theboot.com/2010/07/26/gwyneth-paltrow-country-strong/).

Gwyneth, I know country, and you are SO not country.

michiruwater
07-27-2010, 03:19 AM
She recorded a country song because she's playing a country singer and the studio, of course, is releasing it. I don't think she woke up and said, oh hey, I'm going to be a country singer because I'm so country.

overedge
07-27-2010, 06:07 AM
She recorded a country song because she's playing a country singer and the studio, of course, is releasing it. I don't think she woke up and said, oh hey, I'm going to be a country singer because I'm so country.

But she could have woken up and said, wow, this is SO not the part for me, I'm gonna stay home and exercise for 3 hours a day instead and not torture people with this miscasting :P