PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson: Is his career over?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

DBZ
07-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Haven't seen a thread of this yet.

For those not in the loop: Click here (http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/world-exclusive-audio-mel-gibsons-explosive-racist-rant-listen-it-here)

Now news of this today: Click here (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/risky-business-wme-drops-mel-gibson.html)

I can't imagine he'll be able to recover from this. I think he's done.

Thoughts?

jenny12
07-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Although in Hollywood, celebrities have recovered from scandals, Gibson's behavior collectively, IMO, is probably too much for a comeback, at least any time soon. If a comeback is possible, it would be many, many years down the road.

IceAlisa
07-10-2010, 01:30 AM
:yikes: And that would be Ari Emanuel of the Entourage Ari Gold/Rahm Emanuel fame. I don't see him ever representing Gibson. Ever.

Latte
07-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Stick a fork in him, he's done.
Honestly, from the behavior he has exibited the last few years, I think he may have mental issues.

IceAlisa
07-10-2010, 01:36 AM
He definitely seems to have addiction issues, with at least alcohol.

DickButtonFan
07-10-2010, 01:37 AM
I think so he prob announce rehab within 24 hours

piano18
07-10-2010, 02:14 AM
That is even more severe than Alec Baldwin's phone call to his daughter...:eek:

KHenry14
07-10-2010, 02:16 AM
The thing is, Mel has been financing some of his movies on his own, so in a sense he's his own boss. He can make a picture and all he would need is a distributor, which despite Mel's troubles, he'll probably find. Don't forget, he's one of the richest guys in Hollywood(The Passion was a huge cash cow), so money isn't a problem for him.

So no, his career isn't over, but one wonders how successful he will be. And he's been directing more than acting lately, which works to his advantage. But if he puts out something akin to Lethal Weapon, somehow I think he'll be forgiven.

Tom Cruise is still working after his idiotic behavior, so will Mel.

Matryeshka
07-10-2010, 02:17 AM
One would hope it would be, but Gibson's like the proverbial bad penny. He keeps coming back, and coming back, and coming back. He should have been done a long time ago.

I, however, will continue to boycott his movies, whether he's starring in them or producing them. I kinda just lost some respect for Jodie Foster for being in a movie with him.

While he definitely has alcohol abuse problems, it's not an excuse for what he said, and I'm tired of the "it's the alcohol talking" excuse. Alcohol does not make you think things like that; it just lowers inhibitions so that you say what's actually going on in your head.

I read about this on popeater I think a few days ago, and the comments excusing his behavior were just :scream:

Norlite
07-10-2010, 02:34 AM
He disgusts me.

But all he needs to do is come up with a project Hollywood considers bankable and they'll fall all over him. And there is enough movie goers (and movie makers, hello Jodie, ) in the world who don't give a shit about anyone's politics and/or beliefs if the movie is what they want to see.

oleada
07-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Racist, anti-semitist, misogynist, drunk, abusive, asshole? I sure hope as hell it is.

StonewshMullet
07-10-2010, 03:03 AM
Done, now go away.

overedge
07-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Tom Cruise is still working after his idiotic behavior, so will Mel.

Not that Tom Cruise hasn't said some really stupid things and then got all defensive about being called on them, but I think Mel's idiotic behaviour is a lot more idiotic than Cruise's. At least Tom Cruise hasn't dumped his wife and run off with someone who he then assaults and threatens.

TalentedButHumble
07-10-2010, 03:22 AM
Dear Melbie,
When you seem to hate almost everyone, karma will catch up to you.

That is even more severe than Alec Baldwin's phone call to his daughter...:eek:

Uh, well especially since Alec Baldwin hasn't also said horrible things about gays & Latinos; denied the Holocaust existed. Etc. Etc. Etc.

cruisin
07-10-2010, 03:53 AM
I listened to the tape. It is ugly and horrible. But has anyone confirmed that it actually is Gibson? It sounds odd, like it's staged. Or maybe, I just can't imagine talking to someone like that, or saying horrible things like that. How reliable is the source?