PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson: Is his career over?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

cruisin
07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't agree that things said drunk are what people "really" think all the time....I think many times the alcohol allows people's irrational or emotional thoughts that they would normally reason through, to come out as their definite opinion, when it most certainly isn't all the time. It's like when a non alcoholic person thinks something irrationally, but realize they're being idiotic....yeah you don't realize that when you're drunk. You really can't(and I say this as a daughter of an alcoholic) say that it's what they mean, because you don't know. Maybe sometimes it is, and maybe sometimes their just screwed up and ranting random bs. Is it an excuse for them? no...because they need to get help, regardless....but I wouldn't take everything an alcoholic told me, seriously.

If you get what I'm saying.....someone may "feel" something when they're drunk and angry....but when they're drunk, they can't rationalize through it like when they're sober. I think most people have an irrational thought here and there...and recognize it, but we don't go around spewing it like someone would who was inebriated.

Mel Gibson doesn't just sound like only a drunk, anyhow. He sounds mentally disturbed.

I agree with you. I do think that sometimes drunk people do feel free to say what they are thinking that they would hold back when sober. But, I also think that drunk people will sometimes just say whatever pops into their heads, especially if they are angry. It's like road rage - Someone cuts a person off and that person calls them every horrible thing they can think of. They don't know the person, they have no history with the person. They just say whatever nasty thing pops into their angry, out of control head.

If Mel Gibson is bi polar or has some other kind of personality disorder, the worst thing he could be doing is getting drunk. Though addiction is common with these types of disorders - self medication. When disorders like this go untreated they get worse. And often this kind of disorder gets worse with age. He clearly needs help. We talk about starlets and other young actors who lead addicted lives, and we acknowledge their illness. gibson had a very long term marriage and presented himself as very religious and a loving family man. He kept his illness hidden. Now, it seems he has lost whatever control he had. It's very sad. I wouldn't want to live inside a head so filled with hate.

StonewshMullet
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Not to go all TMI, but there were times in college that beer goggles got the better of me. Getting drunk makes you do stupid things and or do stupid people. :o Drinking can bring out the worst in a person and drinking too much is a disease. I have sympathy for people with substance abuse problems, but Gibson is a prick with or without a drink in his hand. Hopefully he can get help and learn to be a decent person for his kids sake.

Rex
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm a little :eek: that Whoopi is defending him like she is....

skatingfan5
07-13-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm a little :eek: that Whoopi is defending him like she is....I know she was yesterday -- is she still doing so after this latest tape release? There's such a thing as loyalty -- but there are limits to that.

StonewshMullet
07-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Danny Glover won't defend him, Jodi Foster is "too busy' to comment and Whoopi is seriously delusional. If she really wants to do him a favor, shut up and don't talk about it.

Cheylana
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM
This morning on the radio (WPLJ-New York), a couple of women called in saying Oksana must have done something to trigger his tirade and abuse, because you never heard about anything like this when Mel was married to Robyn. :rolleyes:

cruisin
07-13-2010, 04:14 PM
I think Whoopie has taken some hits for doing/saying some rather questionable things herself. Maybe, she just figures even the biggest a$$holes sometimes need a friend. Who knows, maybe he did something to help her and she feels she owes him her support. I, personally, really don't get defending him. I can see trying to get him help, but no excuses. Hollywood seems to have more than it's fair share of broken people.

StonewshMullet
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
This morning on the radio (WPLJ-New York), a couple of women called in saying Oksana must have done something to trigger his tirade and abuse, because you never heard about anything like this when Mel was married to Robyn. :rolleyes:

He was married to Robyn when he got arrested in 06. She promptly threw his ass out, she kept quiet to keep the money train coming. Stupid.

Rex
07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
I know she was yesterday -- is she still doing so after this latest tape release? There's such a thing as loyalty -- but there are limits to that. That is what I'm talking about - yesterday's show.

I don't always agree with Whoopi, but usually her POV at leasts sounds rational and thought out. Regarding Gibson, she sounds like she's drank some of his koolaid.

Cheylana
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I don't always agree with Whoopi, but usually her POV at leasts sounds rational and thought out. Regarding Gibson, she sounds like she's drank some of his koolaid.
That, or she might enjoy playing devil's advocate...

manleywoman
07-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Not that I agree with the idea that women are the CAUSE of a man's tirades, but I do happen to think it's odd that for 25+ years he didn't seem to have these tirades and had by many accounts a decent marriage, and then starting a few years ago all of a sudden Mel's a nutjob.

I wonder if he hasn't developed a mental illness in the last decade.

museksk8r
07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
:wall: *waits for Kathy Griffin to rip him a new one* He's a jackass, and that's putting things nicely. :shuffle:

StonewshMullet
07-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Not that I agree with the idea that women are the CAUSE of a man's tirades, but I do happen to think it's odd that for 25+ years he didn't seem to have these tirades and had by many accounts a decent marriage, and then starting a few years ago all of a sudden Mel's a nutjob.

I wonder if he hasn't developed a mental illness in the last decade.

He was almost never around, he was always making a movie. Robyn also had her own business. He is a notorious womanizer and she put up with him for the money and the kids. Eventually when his true nature came out in that 06 arrest she walked away. Also he was a well known nutjob for years, people didn't know he was a racist nutjob till recently. Also, his father is a well known Holocaust denier. That's pretty wacky.

Satellitegirl
07-13-2010, 05:20 PM
He's always sorta had the "crazy eye" :eek: look to him...and his interviews have always been nervous/skittish seeming.

oleada
07-13-2010, 05:35 PM
another day, another tape, another round of crazy (http://gawker.com/5585841/)