PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson: Is his career over?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21

orbitz
07-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Does this mean he has to return his Sexiest Man Alive Awards back to PEOPLE Magazine? :saint:

The Award was only for the year that he won, so he was still sexy Mel back then....before people knew about the angry Mel :eek:.

---------------

It seems like a lot of people are mad at Oksana or are questioning her motive for taping her convesations with Mel, and it makes me think back to O.J. and Nicole Simpson. If Nicole had publicly exposed and shamed O.J. as the jealous, obssessive and angry fanatic that he was, perhaps it would have forced him to seek professional help and the murder of Nicole and Ron Goldman wouldn't have happened. Or it would have enable the public ... and jurors... to more readily believe that O.J. was capable of committing such a crime.

cruisin
07-17-2010, 03:56 PM
It seems like a lot of people are mad at Oksana or are questioning her motive for taping her convesations with Mel, and it makes me think back to O.J. and Nicole Simpson. If Nicole had publicly exposed and shamed O.J. as the jealous, obssessive and angry fanatic that he was, perhaps it would have forced him to seek professional help and the murder of Nicole and Ron Goldman wouldn't have happened. Or it would have enable the public ... and jurors... to more readily believe that O.J. was capable of committing such a crime.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can emphatically say that I am not angry with Oksana. And I am not blaming her or judging her. I am, however, suggesting that we only know what she released on tape, nothing more. We do not know all that may or may not have happened.

One thing about narcissism, it is a disorder that is progressive. Even people who do not have the disorder tend to be come somewhat narcissistic in old age. But someone with the disorder from an early age can become very out of control. It is a very serious mental disorder, which gets much worse with age.

Norlite
07-17-2010, 06:59 PM

Good point, I agree. I don't care if she's a golddiigger sleazy whore. (as some are suggesting, I don't believe it personally) That level of violence should be exposed imo. Never ever kept secret. She could have just saved her life.

overedge
07-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I can emphatically say that I am not angry with Oksana. And I am not blaming her or judging her. I am, however, suggesting that we only know what she released on tape, nothing more. We do not know all that may or may not have happened.

What's on those tapes is quite enough, regardless of whatever else might or might not have gone on.

No less important: was someone second in line for the honor that year? Should that man get part of a future cover ("the new Sexiest Man Alive in 1985")?

If for some reason the Sexiest Man Alive is unable to fulfill his entire term of office, the first runner up will be awarded the title and will be known as Sexiest Man Alive* 1985.
(Whoever it was might want to ask Vanessa Williams about the protocol in such situations...)

bek
07-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Good point, I agree. I don't care if she's a golddiigger sleazy whore. (as some are suggesting, I don't believe it personally) That level of violence should be exposed imo. Never ever kept secret. She could have just saved her life.

I think its fair to point out that the news is saying Timothy Dalton went and visited her today I guess, reportedly they are on good terms. She may like guys with money, but that doesn't necessarily mean she'd go as far as people are claiming she's going on her own. Its possible though he was just there because his son was being interviewed.

orbitz
07-17-2010, 07:42 PM

But does it matter in this case? Would you accept what Mel said better, for example, if you knew that Oksana had said something to Mel that emasulated him? It wouldn't and it shouldn't. Most angry people would say F U, Go TO H*LL, etc., but Mel language steps beyond that.

loopey
07-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Even people who do not have the disorder tend to be come somewhat narcissistic in old age.
Great. So achy joints, wide hips, humped shoulders, and wrinkles aren't enough, now I can look forward to becoming narcissistic in old age too.

It just gets better and better. :wuzrobbed

ArtisticFan
07-17-2010, 08:08 PM
But does it matter in this case? Would you accept what Mel said better, for example, if you knew that Oksana had said something to Mel that emasulated him? It wouldn't and it shouldn't. Most angry people would say F U, Go TO H*LL, etc., but Mel language steps beyond that.

Not to mention that his phone was capable of hanging up too. He didn't have to continue the conversation. He could have continued that rant in private and threw things at a wall instead of saying what he did.

Unless he was reading a script and thought he was auditioning for a movie, I can see no reason to believe that he is the victim in this. Nobody was forcing him to continue the conversation with her. If she did in some way antagonize him or egg him on, that still only speaks to his weakness and inability to control himself.

Norlite
07-17-2010, 08:27 PM
She may like guys with money

Like I said. Big deal, I like guys with money too.

Sparks
07-17-2010, 09:04 PM
I am eerily reminded of OJ and Nicole. :(

milanessa
07-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Like I said. Big deal, I like guys with money too.

Me too. :D

cruisin
07-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Great. So achy joints, wide hips, humped shoulders, and wrinkles aren't enough, now I can look forward to becoming narcissistic in old age too.

It just gets better and better. :wuzrobbed

Yes, but when we get old and narcissistic, we will think our achy joints, humped shoulders, wrinkles, and saggy skin are the best in town :lol:. And we will curse out anyone who says they're not! :D

In Mel's case, if there is a true diagnosis of narcissism, he will probably need medication. This is not the kind of disorder that will be fixed with talk therapy. He will probably have to do some serious abstaining from alcohol and recreational drugs as well. Those things make narcissism worse. I had extended contact with a person who had the disorder. I have had many discussions with therapists and psychologists about the disorder, it's not pretty.

mmscfdcsu
07-17-2010, 09:42 PM
In Mel's case, if there is a true diagnosis of narcissism, he will probably need medication. This is not the kind of disorder that will be fixed with talk therapy. .

Narcissism is not fixed with meds. Meds may be used to treat coexisting conditions in the client such as anxiety or depression A Narcissistic client is generally classed as a personality disorder. That starts early and is very difficult, sometimes impossible to treat. personality disorders don't often come in for treatment. They cause hurt more that feel hurt. The believe that any problems that they have come from the outside world, not themselves. They come into treatment if ordered, or if they are experiencing symptoms from a recent crisis.

http://samvak.tripod.com/narcissismissues.html

http://lifecounsel.org/pub_floyd_understandingNarcissism.html

http://allpsych.com/disorders/personality/narcissism.html

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/805930-overview

Rex
07-18-2010, 12:15 AM
The Award was only for the year that he won, so he was still sexy Mel back then....before people knew about the angry Mel :eek:.
On some of the H'wood gossip threads I belong to, you'd be surprised how many women still say, "but Mel is so hot". Still even after his bigoted rantings and the fact that he looks like ten pounds of month-old dog shit.

It seems like a lot of people are mad at Oksana or are questioning her motive for taping her convesations with Mel, and it makes me think back to O.J. and Nicole Simpson. If Nicole had publicly exposed and shamed O.J. as the jealous, obssessive and angry fanatic that he was, perhaps it would have forced him to seek professional help and the murder of Nicole and Ron Goldman wouldn't have happened. Or it would have enable the public ... and jurors... to more readily believe that O.J. was capable of committing such a crime.That, my dear, is a thread in itself :shuffle:

cruisin
07-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Narcissism is not fixed with meds. Meds may be used to treat coexisting conditions in the client such as anxiety or depression A Narcissistic client is generally classed as a personality disorder. That starts early and is very difficult, sometimes impossible to treat. personality disorders don't often come in for treatment. They cause hurt more that feel hurt. The believe that any problems that they have come from the outside world, not themselves. They come into treatment if ordered, or if they are experiencing symptoms from a recent crisis.

http://lifecounsel.org/pub_floyd_understandingNarcissism.html

Wow, the above link defines the person I knew like it's his biography!

I know that narcissism is very difficult to treat, for all of the reasons you state. To them, they are fine, why would they need help. I understand that there is no specific drug for narcissism, but as you say coexisting conditions can be treated. I also know that the person I knew was treated with a bi polar med. It did seem to lessen the incidence and level of his rage. With this person, a contributing factor to the rage was blood sugar fluctuation. So, by controlling the blood sugar better and putting him on a med, he became much more manageable.