PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson: Is his career over?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

orbitz
07-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Considering the way Mel conducts himself on the tape, about the only thing he deserves is a hot poker up the yazoo.

He deserves one up the other end also :lol:.

MOIJTO
07-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Just read that Mel's ex of 28 years denies any abuse and claims he was a loving father and husband.

Hmmm...makes you wonder about the innocent Miss Oksana! Doesn't it.

cruisin
07-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Or, it makes you wonder if something psychological has happened to Gibson in the last few years. Sometimes psych disorders don't show up until later in life. Sometimes they don't manifest until something triggers them. Long term alcohol abuse maybe?

Whether or not Oksana is a wonderful person, she did/does not deserve abuse. It is possible that two dysfunctional people can set up a horrible situation, but Gibson crossed a line. A big one.

I also read that Robyn is defending Gibson. But she may have her own motives, as well. We are all just speculating. None of us know what happens behind closed doors. We get a glimpse and think we know all, but we don't. It will be for the courts to decide. My hope is that whatever the courts decide will be in the best interests of the child.

susan6
07-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Just read that Mel's ex of 28 years denies any abuse and claims he was a loving father and husband.

Maybe it's madonna/whore syndrome. His wife was a sacred chalice, and Mel decided he wanted someone he could do "dirty" things with that he would never have his wife do (he certainly seems obsessed with oral sex on the tapes). And when things go south (no pun intended), he apparently thinks it's appropriate to treat Oksana like crap. I suspect that's what was up with Tiger Woods. Hit up the "sleezy" women for things you wouldn't ask your wife to do.

The website below has the worst of Mel's phone rants and Tiger's sexting accompanied by adorable pictures of kittens. In this case....kittens do NOT make everything better. :wideeyes: :scream: :yikes:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/the-13-worst-mel-gibson-rant-quotes-presented-by/

overedge
07-16-2010, 06:14 PM

No.

It makes me wonder how much his ex-wife is afraid of losing her alimony. Or how much in denial she might be.

Rex
07-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Considering the way Mel conducts himself on the tape, about the only thing he deserves is a hot poker up the yazoo.

He deserves one up the other end also :lol:.

OUCH! Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Coco
07-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Or, it makes you wonder if something psychological has happened to Gibson in the last few years. Sometimes psych disorders don't show up until later in life. Sometimes they don't manifest until something triggers them. Long term alcohol abuse maybe?

I've been wondering this as well. He refers to recent $$ stress and his career being over on the tapes. The "my career is over" statement doesn't make sense unless the tape was made after the release of the first tape or two.

Maybe he's just melting down because of the divorce?

My $$ is on mad cow disease, though. I think there's something physically wrong with his brain. There's no way he was prone to rants like this throughout his entire career. I can't believe that.

cruisin
07-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Tumors can also create erratic behavior. I wonder if he's been checked out medically.

No.

It makes me wonder how much his ex-wife is afraid of losing her alimony. Or how much in denial she might be.

Now, it's his wife who is in denial or afraid of losing the gravy train? How much is Oksana paying you? :lol:

You know, sometimes things are not what they seem. I'm not defending Gibson, but no one knows what went on to get them to this point.

oleada
07-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Or there could be a clause in their divorce agreement that she can't speak bad things about Mel to the press.

ETA: People keep going on and on about Oksana being a goldigger (which we do not know if this is true - she could have been genuinely attracted to him), which is frankly not relevant to any abuse charges, but Mel was getting plenty out of this relationship too. Oksana did not trick poor, innocent Mel into this relationship and claimed to be his soulmate. He used her for her youth and beauty, too. It's not like he didn't know what he was getting into.

MOIJTO
07-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Maybe it's madonna/whore syndrome. His wife was a sacred chalice, and Mel decided he wanted someone he could do "dirty" things with that he would never have his wife do (he certainly seems obsessed with oral sex on the tapes). And when things go south (no pun intended), he apparently thinks it's appropriate to treat Oksana like crap. I suspect that's what was up with Tiger Woods. Hit up the "sleezy" women for things you wouldn't ask your wife to do.

The website below has the worst of Mel's phone rants and Tiger's sexting accompanied by adorable pictures of kittens. In this case....kittens do NOT make everything better. :wideeyes: :scream: :yikes:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/the-13-worst-mel-gibson-rant-quotes-presented-by/

Well they had 7 kids so I think they did "dirty" and "nasty" things.

orbitz
07-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Well they had 7 kids so I think they did "dirty" and "nasty" things.

There's doing it simply to procreate like the Duggards ... and then there's DOING IT like Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee.

... not that I was in the bedrooms (or kitchens or garages or ...) of any of the people I mentioned above :lol:

MOIJTO
07-16-2010, 07:57 PM
There's doing it simply to procreate like the Duggards ... and then there's DOING IT like Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee.

... not that I was in the bedrooms (or kitchens or garages or ...) of any of the people I mentioned above :lol:

You forgot there is DOING the NASTY once your kids are grown and you have the freedom to be a Tommy Lee or Pamela Anderson...:D

DBZ
07-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Some articles are beginning to surface that say Oksana doctored/edited the photos and tapes.

Article 1 (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/16/mel-gibsons-ex-oksana-gri_n_649005.html)
Article 2 (http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/14/mel-gibson-oksana-grigorieva-spousal-abuse-investigation-tapes-admissible/)

...and the plot thickens.

MOIJTO
07-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Some articles are beginning to surface that say Oksana doctored/edited the photos and tapes.

Article 1 (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/16/mel-gibsons-ex-oksana-gri_n_649005.html)
Article 2 (http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/14/mel-gibson-oksana-grigorieva-spousal-abuse-investigation-tapes-admissible/)

...and the plot thickens.

Somehow I am not surprised!

overedge
07-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Now, it's his wife who is in denial or afraid of losing the gravy train? How much is Oksana paying you? :lol:

I feel sorry for you, if you think that is funny.
With these sorts of attitudes, it's no wonder women who are being abused worry that no one is going to believe them.