PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson: Is his career over?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

cruisin
07-15-2010, 02:52 AM
As for her engaging him, we have no information on who called who on those tapes. Sounds like he called her, but that's just my guess.

It doesn't matter who called who. Allegedly she left him because he is abusive. Allegedly she made this tape because of custody issues. If she has retained a lawyer, to sue for custody, I would bet that he told her not to talk to Gibson. That doesn't just mean don't call him, it also means don't answer the phone if he calls you. If you don't have caller ID, get it. So, she did engage him by answering the phone, if she did not call him. That doesn't give him the right to abuse her. But, she should not talk to him. This was not a recorded message left on an answering machine, you could hear her responding.

Overedge what I said originally meant the same thing. It is correct to say: If there is a custody issue then she has a lawyer.

Latte
07-15-2010, 03:07 AM
I think the tapes were made because of him knocking out her teeth and perhaps other abuse. The police may even have told her to do it. They are investigating him for what he did to her and are considering filing charges.
As for the dentist, she had to bring him in to prove her teeth were knocked out and he treated her. He even took pictures of her before he fixed her teeth.
He will have to testify in court I guess. I can't see where he has done anything wrong.
About his first wife. Maybe she just kept quiet all those years, maybe he beat her too and called her names. Stupid of her if she did, but, it's possible.
But she got the last laugh getting all that money in the divorce.

rjblue
07-15-2010, 03:19 AM
Where do you get that from? I thought it was Oksana, but maybe it was another high profile abuse case where the woman said she hit the guy first. I haven't really followed this story so I wasn't listening closely.

orbitz
07-15-2010, 03:25 AM
It doesn't matter who called who. Allegedly she left him because he is abusive. Allegedly she made this tape because of custody issues. If she has retained a lawyer, to sue for custody, I would bet that he told her not to talk to Gibson. That doesn't just mean don't call him, it also means don't answer the phone if he calls you. If you don't have caller ID, get it. So, she did engage him by answering the phone, if she did not call him. That doesn't give him the right to abuse her. But, she should not talk to him. This was not a recorded message left on an answering machine, you could hear her responding.

Overedge what I said originally meant the same thing. It is correct to say: If there is a custody issue then she has a lawyer.

If my ex, b.f., s.o., baby dady, etc. is a 100% completely certifiable A**HOLE then I would want the whole wide world to know. As a by product of these released tapes, Oksana is doing any future Ms. Gibson wannabe a huge favor.

Rex
07-15-2010, 04:18 AM
IMO, men shouldn't just sit there and take it. If a man is being attacked by a woman, I think he has a right to reasonably defend himself. However, I don't think reasonable would be knocking someone unconscious. He should do enough to get her away from him and then leave the situation/press charges if need be.

My mom used to say she didn't raise her sons to be punching bags for women any more than a mother raising her daughters not to be punching bags for men.

Eden
07-15-2010, 04:20 AM
As a by product of these released tapes, Oksana is doing any future Ms. Gibson wannabe a huge favor.

I agree! Releasing those tapes was like a red flag warning the next Ms. Gibson of what she is going to face.
And even though, his money will still attract some of them to become as one.

WindSpirit
07-15-2010, 05:19 AM
Why? Please tell me you don't understand what I meant. Do you think hitting someone is ever a good idea? Do you think that if you hit someone, there is a good possibility that they will hit you back? Do you think it's okay for a woman to hit a man? Do you think it is foolish to not consider they might hit you back? Even though I agree with you, maybe you didn't read the police report. Chris Brown didn't hit Rihanna, he beat the shit out of her. He smashed her head against a window, punched her repeatedly in the face, including her eyes; then her arms and back when she was trying to protect her face. He put her in a headlock and bit her ear. Then he punched her in the face some more, put her into another headlock that put pressure on the arteries in her neck and when she tried to go for his eyes to free herself he bit her fingers. When she put her back against the car's door and tried to push him away with her legs, he kept punching her on the legs. Oh I forgot, he threatened to kill her, too.

The point is most women stand no chance with most men. You wouldn't hit a 10-year-old just because s/he hit you.

Plus, what that level of violence tells you about a person? It's not normal, that's for sure. Especially with someone so much weaker physically than him, and most of all, someone whom he supposedly cared about.

Btw, Chris Brown was denied entry into UK because of that. Actions have consequences, buddy.

mag
07-15-2010, 05:21 AM
I agree! Releasing those tapes was like a red flag warning the next Ms. Gibson of what she is going to face.
And even though, his money will still attract some of them to become as one.

And unfortunately there are still lots of women who think they can change a man and make him a better person. I really hope that at least these tapes will keep other women away, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

What a terribly sad situation for the children (all of Gibson's and Dalton's.) Even Gibson's children from his first marriage will be negatively affected if / when they hear these tapes.

WindSpirit
07-15-2010, 06:03 AM
I have a friend who studied martial arts in Japan for several years, and I remember him telling me about an incident where a woman pulled a knife on him. He punched her out. But did he keep punching her over and over and over after she was no threat to him?

He doesn't like violence against women, one of his own daughters was in an abusive relationship for a time and he told the next guy she got involved with that, basically, if he valued his life he would keep his hands off her. Maybe he had a reason to hit her, no? Maybe she's not so innocent herself. As for the new guy, did he tell his daughter the same thing?

But if a woman is going to try to "put her hands on him" she's going to end up buying herself a world of hurt in return, because he will defend himself physically, and he doesn't care what kind of damage he inflicts on the person he's defending himself against. I wonder what he would do if his own daughter hit him. I guess, be a male and hit her back.

cruisin
07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Even though I agree with you, maybe you didn't read the police report. Chris Brown didn't hit Rihanna, he beat the shit out of her. He smashed her head against a window, punched her repeatedly in the face, including her eyes; then her arms and back when she was trying to protect her face. He put her in a headlock and bit her ear. Then he punched her in the face some more, put her into another headlock that put pressure on the arteries in her neck and when she tried to go for his eyes to free herself he bit her fingers. When she put her back against the car's door and tried to push him away with her legs, he kept punching her on the legs. Oh I forgot, he threatened to kill her, too.

The point is most women stand no chance with most men. You wouldn't hit a 10-year-old just because s/he hit you.

Plus, what that level of violence tells you about a person? It's not normal, that's for sure. Especially with someone so much weaker physically than him, and most of all, someone whom he supposedly cared about.

Btw, Chris Brown was denied entry into UK because of that. Actions have consequences, buddy.

There is no question that what Chris Brown did was horrible. In no way was I suggesting that he should have beaten Rhianna, whether she hit him or not. My point was trying to put Whoopie's comment into perspective. If a woman and a man are involved in a heated "issue" and the woman hits the man, she runs the risk that he will hit back. If he does hit back, he is likely to be hitting a weaker person. Women do not ever deserve to be beaten or abused physically or verbally. But, women need to be very aware that if they start a physical attack, the guy might finish it. There is no way of knowing whether or not Brown would have attacked her physically anyway, but Rhianna did make an error in judgement. Sadly, she paid an undeserved price for that.

orbitz
07-15-2010, 05:06 PM
There is no way of knowing whether or not Brown would have attacked her physically anyway, but Rhianna did make an error in judgement.

Rhianna's "error in judgement" was in dating a guy who's abusive.

cruisin
07-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Rhianna's "error in judgement" was in dating a guy who's abusive.

Agree, she made two errors in judgement. That is not meant to blame her. Women fall for jerks all of the time. But, if a guy is abusive, the last thing a woman should do is hit them. If the guy is unstable, he will see it as an excuse to start punching away. The one thing women have to be is smart in the situation they are in, for their own protection. Another thing they have to be is aware of who they chose to be with. If a guy has a history of abusive behavior, it's likely it will continue. It's like the woman who dates a married guy, the guy gets a divorce and marries her, then she's shocked when he cheats on her. If a guy is an a$$hole, he's an a$$hole.

Rex
07-15-2010, 07:19 PM
What if this Oksana person is a lowlife golddigger? Does Gibson deserve better?

ArtisticFan
07-15-2010, 07:39 PM
According to an interview on an Atlanta radio station this morning, the Radar online guy (can't remember his name right now) told the on air hosts that he would not say how or from whom the tapes were obtained. He did say that Oksana did not release the tapes to Radar, stating that they were part of the sealed evidence when they obtained them. Pressed on the issue, he said that she must have released them to someone, as she obviously is the one who recorded the conversations.

He also spoke a bit about the California law issue and if the tapes are admissable. He said that according to the attorneys on the case, they typically would not be because both parties would have to be informed. However, there is a loophole/caveat for situations of threats and violence.

The only other thing I remember (was having a moment of road rage at the time) was that there is still more unreleased tape.

Rex
07-15-2010, 07:50 PM
I know we don't like to speculate in these here parts :).

But I'm wondering if Mel is a survivor of some form of abuse as a child.