PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson: Is his career over?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

overedge
07-13-2010, 11:47 PM
That was not my intent. I was just wondering if this woman had a habit of getting involved with wealthy men or celebrities.

And so what if she did?
She's a musician. She probably has a lot of friends in show business. That's why she isn't dating some dude who works at Red Lobster.

Anita18
07-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Don't you find it a bit ironic that Mel Gibson may face abuse charges but Elin Woods went after Tiger with a golf club and she got millions?

Sheesh, yes, Gibson is a scum ball big time and he needs medication and counseling but for the love of pete.
Tiger never accused her of doing so. That's the difference.

Her going after him with a golf club, if he refuses to give evidence or even to agree with the charge, is pure conjecture and cannot be proven.

manleywoman
07-14-2010, 12:42 AM
And tiger gave her the money under the condition that Elin keeps quiet.

kwanfan1818
07-14-2010, 01:57 AM
2. If being arrested automatically eliminates someone from relationship material then there would be 3 times more single people in the world right now.
Once indicted, always invited.

Ozzisk8tr
07-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Wasn't that Ted Danson? Another wise man! :rolleyes:

The scariest part is if they married what would Whoopi's name have been :eek: :rofl:

bek
07-14-2010, 03:48 AM
I was worried that someone would take what I said as blaming the victim. That was not my intent. I was just wondering if this woman had a habit of getting involved with wealthy men or celebrities. That still would not make what Gibson said and did okay.

But I think bringing up that stuff about Oksana is irrelevant. I mean what I mainly took issue with was when you were saying she should handle this privately and that she's releasing these tapes because he wouldn't marry her. What I'm trying to point out is if Mel is abusive and the tapes indicate he very well may be. Well than I think she has every reason to want the tapes released for her own protection.

I will be honest and say Oksana doesn't strike me as a stable woman either, and I'm not exactly in her fan club. I saw a picture of her when she was younger, and don't understand the plastic surgery thing either. But well I have a hard time thinking that Mel Gibson didn't know what he was getting into with her either.

I feel sorry for Lucia, and her son too. Apparently, the cops want to interview her 13 year old son. If I'm Dalton, I'm furious that my kid is dragged into this.

cruisin
07-14-2010, 03:56 AM
I feel sorry for Lucia, and her son too. Apparently, the cops want to interview her 13 year old son. If I'm Dalton, I'm furious that my kid is dragged into this.

On that we totally agree. I don't know what went on between Gibson and Oksana, other than the hideous tape. I think Gibson is a very sick person. I don't know what Oksana's deal is. She may be a total victim, or she may be a part of the crazy. Whatever, she should not be abused verbally or physically.
But more importantly, the kids should not be hurt. So many lives are effected here. :(

MacMadame
07-14-2010, 04:30 AM
Now if that isn't a red flag.....on the surface it seems humorous
It seems rude and disrespectful to me. I wouldn't have found that funny even just on the surface.

orbitz
07-14-2010, 04:56 AM
But I think bringing up that stuff about Oksana is irrelevant. I mean what I mainly took issue with was when you were saying she should handle this privately and that she's releasing these tapes because he wouldn't marry her. What I'm trying to point out is if Mel is abusive and the tapes indicate he very well may be. Well than I think she has every reason to want the tapes released for her own protection.

Without the tapes as proof, no one would've believed Oksana that Mel is a verbally and physically abusive man.

I read a posting where one poster blamed Oksana for knowingly invoking Mel when she knows that he has a temper. Huh? There's nothing wrong with getting angry at another person, but most people that get angry don't spew the nasty and degrading things that Mel was spewing on those tapes. Mel Gibson is a sicko. He definitely won't be receiving the AFI lifetime achievement award anytime ever.

overedge
07-14-2010, 05:25 AM
I don't know what Oksana's deal is. She may be a total victim, or she may be a part of the crazy. Whatever, she should not be abused verbally or physically.

Why do you keep bringing up Oksana's "deal" if you don't want to be perceived as blaming the victim? Leave her out of it. No one deserves to be talked to like that, or treated like that, for any reason.

MOIJTO
07-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Why do you keep bringing up Oksana's "deal" if you don't want to be perceived as blaming the victim? Leave her out of it. No one deserves to be talked to like that, or treated like that, for any reason.

Where I totally agree the other part of my brain also realizes that women can be abusive in ways other than words.

Someone who is defiantly needing counseling and other forms of therapy like Mel Gibson can be ignited by very simple things.

It takes 2 to tango and there are always always 2 sides to every story. She could have just left him, but he is a pretty rich guy and money has its own power to some people.

Not excusing Mr. Gibson at all, as I said he is scum, but...

ArtisticFan
07-14-2010, 01:39 PM
It takes 2 to tango and there are always always 2 sides to every story. She could have just left him, but he is a pretty rich guy and money has its own power to some people.

I could be wrong, but doesn't all the taping, tirades, etc. stem from a child custody and support issue? If that is the case, she has every right in my mind to prove him unfit to be alone with their child. Additionally, if he is not paying child support or meeting his financial obligations then she also has a right to go after him to support his child with her.

His behavior in recent years and on the tape show that he is not the most stable person in the world. Unfortunately, she chose to become involved with him and have a child by him - that makes "just leaving him" a whole lot harder.

MOIJTO
07-14-2010, 02:48 PM
I could be wrong, but doesn't all the taping, tirades, etc. stem from a child custody and support issue? If that is the case, she has every right in my mind to prove him unfit to be alone with their child. Additionally, if he is not paying child support or meeting his financial obligations then she also has a right to go after him to support his child with her.

His behavior in recent years and on the tape show that he is not the most stable person in the world. Unfortunately, she chose to become involved with him and have a child by him - that makes "just leaving him" a whole lot harder.

I believe it does and he has how many kids from his first marriage that he must pay child support to?

I say this, walk away, walk away...the child will be better for it. Women seem to think that any Dad is better than no Dad and I am here to say, thank GOD my mother left my bio-dad (its the only term of endearment I use towards him) I am a far far better person for it!

cruisin
07-14-2010, 03:28 PM

Why? Because sometimes these situations are more complicated than we know. We don't know what part she played in any of this. Nothing she did excuses Gibson's abuse. However, there are women who put themselves in bad situations for monetary reasons. I am not saying she DID. I am not saying that she deserved abuse even IF she did. But none of us have any idea what might have gone on between them. Tapes can be edited to show one side. I suppose that, having witnessed abusive relationships, I understand that even the victim can be passively part of the problem. I have a friend who was in a verbally abusive relationship. Her husband is a complete a$$hole. I detest him. But, there were occasions, when I was with them, that she deliberately pushed his buttons to get him going. I could see it coming for a mile, and I sometimes wondered if she liked the fighting. I wondered if she did it so that I/we could see what it was like, but I also wondered if she did it when they were alone. And that scared me, because I worried that he would take it to a physical level, if no one was watching. She eventually had enough, and got out. Again, abuse is never deserved or an okay option.

IceAlisa
07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Here's an SFGate's piece on this. Mark Morford writes in a self-congratulatory, smug style but in this case it works better than in others: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/07/14/notes071410.DTL