PDA

View Full Version : The BIG question...Where will Lebron go?

Pages : [1] 2

MOIJTO
07-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Its going to hurt Cleveland for millions of $$ but sadly I believe (and have said this since he signed with Cleveland 7 yrs ago) that he is going to New York. He makes no excuses that he LOVES New York teams. He will remain living in Akron (south of Cleveland 1hr) but will not remain here for his NBA career!

loopey
07-08-2010, 09:40 PM
He is just bugging the crap out me!

He gets a 1 hour special to announce his decision?
He wanted to film a reality show to document his free agency decision making?
He leaked the information about where D Wade and Bosh were going?

Sorry, I just don't like him. I think he is more hype than substance. A great player? Yes definitely. A basketball icon? Maybe one day. The new Michael Jordon? No, not IMHO.

I hope he stays in Cleveland.

bek
07-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Yeah, a reality tv show on free agency Meh. I think he's going to Miami. I suspect though that the guy knows he should leave Cleveland, but given its his hometown he probably has attachment there and so he's built it all in his mind.

To be frank, I can't blame Lebron one bit for leaving Cleveland. They had how many years to build a team around him, and didn't.

Cheylana
07-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Aww, bek was right. Miami it is. Oh LeBron, did you really need a 1-hour special to announce this? Kind of rubbing it in the Cleveland fans' faces, no?

My friend, who was living in Cleveland (recently moved to Milwaukee) said the whole Cleveland economy revolved around LeBrown, so not sure what it will do now.

bek
07-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Aww, bek was right. Miami it is. Oh LeBron, did you really need a 1-hour special to announce this? Kind of rubbing it in the Cleveland fans' faces, no?

My friend, who was living in Cleveland (recently moved to Milwaukee) said the whole Cleveland economy revolved around LeBrown, so not sure what it will do now.

Some think that Lebron, Wade and Bosh planned this, and have been talking about this since the Olympics. They reportedly loved playing together in Beijing. There's some talk at the least that Lebron wanted Bosh in Cleveland but Bosh was saying-anywhere but Cleveland. And I think Pat Riley convinced them too.

And in someways, who do you trust the most if your Lebron, Wade, and Bosh when it comes to putting together supporting players to make sure you win. The folks in Cleveland and their bang up job of letting Lebron have whatever he wanted-but not really getting any championships. The Bulls who broke up a dynasty and have an owner who always talks about salary caps. Or Pat Riley. Add in the great atmosphere of Miami (Lebron's I'm going to South Beach) and well....

MOIJTO
07-09-2010, 03:05 PM
I think my favorite quote today in the Cleveland area is this:

LEquit--LEchoked--LeGone!

Anybody who watches sports knows when I player lets go, gives up and quits...Lebron did this year in the playoffs against the Celtics.

This will haunt him forever that he did this and I know as the universe revolves he will never get his ring!

snoopy
07-09-2010, 05:07 PM
As far as building a team around Le Bron, I don’t think that was a failure of management. Many big sports stars want to live in warm weather. Many have said this. Cleveland is not a great weather or travel destination so our teams do have a hard time recruiting the best talent. It is not a big draw like Chicago or NY either in terms of excitement. We have had team leadership that tried to buiild teams but geography is not in our favor. Le Bron was from here and if he wasn't, he probably wouldn't have played here either.

deltask8er
07-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Cavs' owner seems to be taking it well :mad: :P

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/cleveland-cavaliers-owner-dan-gilbert-rips-lebron-james-070810?GT1=39002

And the Knicks, NY, and all the money they threw at him :rofl:

No courage to play in toughest city

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/no_courage_to_play_in_toughest_city_FI0FchS5ETqtL7 IDnbAjhM

-------------

This isn't an exact comparison, but it makes me wonder if he'll ultimately be as unsuccessful as NHL player Eric Lindros. Lindros refused to be drafted by a team, stayed in the minors for another year, eventually got his wish and was traded; team who drafted him (once the team moved cities) quickly became Stanley Cup champions, while he just got concussion after concussion and ended up winning the Stanley Cup zero times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h3No7CUbNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj7_9yBvYsk

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2007/11/08/nhl-lindros-retires.html

jenny12
07-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Lebron made a total d-bag move. I think it's fine that he wanted to go to another team, but there's no need to make the announcement into a big event. I liked Lebron when he first came into the league, but he has become more and more like Kobe, but without the championships. He's definitely IMO the most talented player in the league, but he hasn't brought it in the playoffs.

That's said, I'm looking forward to seeing him play with Bosh and Wade. :o I also don't blame him for not playing for New York, that team hasn't been worth anything for a hundred years.

skatingfan5
07-09-2010, 07:22 PM
When I first heard that ESPN would devote a whole hour to THE DECISION I was :rolleyes: -- the more I thought about it, I was :rolleyes: X eleventy billion. I guess only a super-spectacular, special program to reveal where Lebron finally deigned to play would be enough to match his super-sized ego.

bek
07-09-2010, 08:17 PM
As far as building a team around Le Bron, I don’t think that was a failure of management. Many big sports stars want to live in warm weather. Many have said this. Cleveland is not a great weather or travel destination so our teams do have a hard time recruiting the best talent. It is not a big draw like Chicago or NY either in terms of excitement. We have had team leadership that tried to buiild teams but geography is not in our favor. Le Bron was from here and if he wasn't, he probably wouldn't have played here either.

I don't know San Antonio (although I hear its a great town to visit/live in) managed to build a team around Duncan. Finding people like Parker and Ginobli to compliment him. With better scouting etc, they could have done a better job...Tim didn't stay in San Antonio out of just loyalty, talk is he stayed because he believed in Popovich and he believed the Spurs organization would manage a championship again, it helped that he won with them in 1999..

Lebron is a jerk big time for the way he handled this but I don't blame him one bit for leaving.

I thought Kevin Garnett said it really well when he talked about how loyalty at times doesn't pay because you can't get your youth back. In the end, no doubt Garnett wishes he had a Spurs like organization, if he was going to be small market.

MOIJTO
07-09-2010, 08:33 PM
I had a thought...

Wade--Bosh--James---Three very BIG egos the biggest of course is Lebron and there is only ONE basketball...it should be a real circus in Miami when things get a little tough on the court.

Lebron is not a leader like Michael Jordan and therefore this "plan" will be something to watch.

bek
07-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I had a thought...

Wade--Bosh--James---Three very BIG egos the biggest of course is Lebron and there is only ONE basketball...it should be a real circus in Miami when things get a little tough on the court.

Lebron is not a leader like Michael Jordan and therefore this "plan" will be something to watch.

Actually this is where I disagree. Wade/Bosh/James played very well together at the Olympics. And I know that James and Wade both DO like to pass. In Lebron's case, he just doesn't have very talented teammates. But to be frank, my gut says Wade will be the leader. Lebron may be the better player, but I think Wade has more of the killer instinct. My feeling is in the regular season Lebron will be "it" but in the post season, it will be Wade. :lol:

jenny12
07-09-2010, 10:02 PM
I had a thought...

Lebron has a big ego off the court, but he actually is a pretty good teammate. He's always been willing to pass off to his teammates so I'd be very surprised if they didn't work well together. The team as a whole could fail, however, if they didn't have a good bench.

Beefcake
07-09-2010, 10:08 PM
:angryfire :angryfire MAKE IT STOP! :angryfire :angryfire

I BEG of you - oh Holy Temple of Larry Bird - PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.

I'm sick of this LeBron obsession ... and even though I abhor the NBA I will follow next season to WOOT! whenever Miami is underperforming.