PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Top 8 July 7/8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]

genevieve
07-13-2010, 08:42 PM
But if a work or school dispute really does turn physical, I disagree with all of you that you shouldn't tell your family and your supervisor no matter how old you are.
I had written my initial post before seeing that there was an allegation of a physical confrontation. But while I agree that anyone who is harassed on the job (physically or not) should report it to their supervisor, friends, family, whatever, and in school to a teacher, advisor, and yes to friends and family, the only time I can see having a parent come in and try to intervene would be if it was a minor child and the school was not taking steps against the perpetrator, or a mentally disabled adult in a workplace situation. Other than that, the parent is being part of the problem, not the solution.

Allskate
07-13-2010, 08:45 PM
A few spoilers for tonight's show:

General spoilers:
- Louis van Amstel has two pieces this week.
- Dmitry Chaplin (S2) choreographed a rumba this week.
- Jose has two all star dances.

Robert & Allison – Contemporary – Travis Wall
Robert & Ashley
Kent & Neil – Jazz or Broadway – Tyce Diorio
Kent & Adéchiké

Kent and Neil together makes perfect sense. It's a tween dream. :lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing Robert's dances and like his pairings, though he's almost too "strong" for Travis choreo.

LordCirque
07-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Travis is rather versatile in his choreography though. If he does something more like Paris Is Burning or Mr and Mrs Smith, it could work very well for Robert. If he does something like Collide or If It Kills Me though it will more than likely more against him and not for him.

I'd wager a guess and say that Billy is most likely with Anya for All Stars this week. And since Ashley is with Robert, he's with Lauren for HOPEFULLY a Jazz or Contemporary piece.

genevieve
07-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Isn't the show tomorrow night?

tarotx
07-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Travis is supposedly doing his piece about his feelings about his mom having breast cancer. It's not a breast cancer dance because it's about Travis and not his mom. I'm not a fan of of the supposed Song but a lot of people seem to be. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skUJ-B6oVDQ&feature=related

nypanda
07-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Gen -- yes -- it's scheduled for Wednesday/Thursday

Allskate
07-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Travis is supposedly doing his piece about his feelings about his mom having breast cancer. It's not a breast cancer dancer because it's about Travis and not his mom. I'm not a fan of of the supposed Song but a lot of people seem to be. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skUJ-B6oVDQ&feature=related

And Robert's mother also had breast cancer? I don't know how the judges will be able to critique this. (I predict Mia in tears.) These kinds of dances just don't seem to be appropriate for the competition part of the show. It's just too manipulative, even if it isn't meant to be. It very well could keep Robert out of the bottom three.

LordCirque
07-13-2010, 10:07 PM
I fecking LOVE that song, one of my favorites. Whether it's about Denise or not, it's going to be an emotional piece on the judges and producers, since Denise has greatly impacted the show. She's the one responsible for Jaimie, Danny, and Travis. I believe a few others have spent time there as well.

Holley Calmes
07-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Yes, Travis and Danny's Mom Denise Wall has breast cancer. I don't know how bad it is, but I do know that this is true. I have a good friend whose daughter danced for Denise a long time, and she is a friend of Denise's. She told me about this several months ago.

Rob
07-13-2010, 10:32 PM
A few spoilers for tonight's show:

General spoilers:
- Louis van Amstel has two pieces this week.
- Dmitry Chaplin (S2) choreographed a rumba this week.
- Jose has two all star dances.

Robert & Allison – Contemporary – Travis Wall
Robert & Ashley
Kent & Neil – Jazz or Broadway – Tyce Diorio
Kent & Adéchiké

Kent and Neil together makes perfect sense. It's a tween dream. :lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing Robert's dances and like his pairings, though he's almost too "strong" for Travis choreo.

If Jose is the one with 2 All Star dances, that leaves Lauren/Billy.

LordCirque
07-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Per Twitter, Alex is out of surgery and it reportedly went very well :cheer2:

Meredith
07-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Per Twitter, Alex is out of surgery and it reportedly went very well :cheer2:

And he posted a post-surgery photo on Facebook. Don't ask me how/why I know that.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=215297&id=126587594039509

my little pony
07-14-2010, 01:34 AM
But I don't see any evidence that she's anything but a nice person.

Mischa Chen :P

LordCirque
07-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Considering her coloring, it's not a bad idea when going to certain auditions. Dancers are often encouraged to heighten certain "ethnic" looks at auditions, particularly for gigs like Disney and music videos.