PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Top 8 July 7/8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28

PrincessLeppard
07-11-2010, 03:25 AM
I just read some of Mia Michaels tweets. What a pretentious nimcompoop. And she pulled the "I'm an artist, people just don't understand" crap. Pleh.

Holley Calmes
07-11-2010, 04:00 AM
Mark and Robert doing a Sonya Tayeh piece would be amazing

I think my head might explode, but it would be a happy thing!

Allen
07-11-2010, 04:11 AM
I think my head might explode, but it would be a happy thing!

I concur. If it could be a trio with Alison, I think my head would probably explode as well :)

PeterG
07-11-2010, 05:54 AM
Mark and Robert doing a Sonya Tayeh piece would be amazing

It's funny, when I was watching Wednesday's episode, this thought went through my head about wishing Robert had asked Mark to go out for lunch one day... Their dancing together would be good as well. :D

Aceon6
07-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Nigel's tweets this morning are interesting. Apparently, a few nuts have sent him threats over Alex... several to the effect that Nigel should worry if he doesn't bring Alex back. Nigel tweeted that he would just be thrilled if Alex had successful surgery and was able to dance again.

Does anyone know if the SYTYCD contract includes union health/disability insurance? I hope so, for Alex's sake.

LordCirque
07-11-2010, 04:34 PM
:rolleyes: I hate stupid people. A lot of them don't realize that this could potentially end Alex's career. A lot more dancers and athletes recover from this injury these days than in the past, but it's still sadly, a chance.

Given all the reports of hospital visits and medics and everything, I'd THINK there'd be an insurance/injury clause in there to benefit the dancers. You'd hope anyway.

genevieve
07-11-2010, 04:52 PM
SYTYCD is produced in California, right? Employers they are required to carry worker's compensation insurance that covers not only employees but contract workers. I'm assuming that the contestants receive some sort of stipend for being on the show, so they should be covered under that - this was definitely a "workplace injury", so Alex should not have to pay a dome for his medical expenses.

KikiSashaFan
07-11-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm sure that the show has coverage, as they've had quite a few injuries over the years, although thankfully usually more minor. If for some reason he doesn't have coverage from the show, he is Canadian and could go back home to Vancouver for free treatment.

skatesindreams
07-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Nigel tweeted that he would just be thrilled if Alex had successful surgery and was able to dance again.

This!

Holley Calmes
07-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Although my daughter had achilles tendonitis, I don't have a lot of experience with a detatchment injury. But my husband has known a lot of Olympic runners/sprinters/track stars (he worked in the running/aerobics/long distance bicycling industry for awhile-we were organizers of the famous Crescent City Classic Road race in New orleans in the 80's and 90's and met tons of Olympians) and he had an observation based on his experience.

He said that he thought Alex had not torn the complete tendon away, just a part of it. He said if it is totally detatched, they don't let you stand up and walk around on crutches, and they would have rushed him into surgery immediately.

Now-I don't know if this is true or not, so I'm not making claims. I'm HOPING it's true because it will be easier to come back from a partial detatchment than a total one.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Jubak
07-11-2010, 08:39 PM
My boss does this kind of surgery. They like to do the procedure within the week but it isn't considered emergency surgery, just "urgent". They put them in a CamWalker boot to protect the achilles but the can get around on crutches non-weightbearing, until surgery.

This is the same injury Surya Bonaly & Hong Bo had so there is a strong possibility that with the correct rehab, which I am certain Alex will be able to get, he should be able to dance. He has alot of rehab ahead of him.

Surprisingly, after the initial detachment, alot of people are not in pain at all unless they try to put weight on it. I always find this amazing, since tendinitis is so painful. They have more pain postop than they do preop.

LordCirque
07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Alex just twitpiced a photo, it looks from the photo he's had surgery already, at least based on the cast/boot, I'm assuming so, and he looks in good spirits.

http://tweetphoto.com/32154268

Meredith
07-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Alex just twitpiced a photo, it looks from the photo he's had surgery already, at least based on the cast/boot, I'm assuming so, and he looks in good spirits.

http://tweetphoto.com/32154268

Doesn't it though?

In an online interview Alex mentioned a 7-10 day window of time that he must have the surgery before permanent damage would occur. That made me nervous, wishing he would have surgery sooner rather than later!

Perhaps there was a cancellation, and Alex jumped on it.

Love his positive outlook. Love the smile. :D

skatesindreams
07-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Wishing him a speedy recovery and successful rehabilitation!

GarrAarghHrumph
07-12-2010, 01:13 AM
I just read some of Mia Michaels tweets. What a pretentious nimcompoop. And she pulled the "I'm an artist, people just don't understand" crap. Pleh.

I'm an artist. My husband is an artist. All our friends are bloody artists. Being an artist does not give you a free pass to be pretentious. Nor does it place you "above the masses". I hate that "I'm an artist, "people" (implying inferior, uneducated, non-artistic?) don't understand" crap.