PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Top 8 July 7/8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28

LordCirque
07-09-2010, 10:15 PM
I they Adechike might go a similar route to Cedric. He gets horribly slammed and is safe, then the next week gets lavish praise and is in the bottom and thus eliminated, I'm wondering who the 3rd person would have been in the Bottom 3 had Alex been able to dance, because in all likely hood, he would have been safe otherwise. History says Robert, but I'd like to think it was Adechike.

IvoryIris
07-09-2010, 10:24 PM
I thought the final four was going to be Alex, Billy, Kent, and Lauren. Now, I am still betting on Billy, Kent, and Lauren, but the fourth is a hard call. It will be interesting to see which way the votes will fall.

LordCirque
07-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm fearful Billy won't be anywhere near the finale if the trend continues. If the judges have it their way, Jose will be in the finale. Jose, Lauren, and Kent seem like a lock at this point. I'd probably say Ashley will be the 4th since she's been in the bottom less than Robert and Billy. Yes I know she was and he wasn't this week, but since it wasn't a "real" Bottom 3, we don't know if that was due to circumstance or actual voting.

Allskate
07-09-2010, 11:32 PM
So, Nigel said in an interview that Alex would not be eligible to come back as an All-Star next season because he did not finish the season. This seems weird to me because he didn't withdraw. They put him in the bottom three and then eliminated him. I think Alex might be happy about this, though, because he is most interested in learning and expanding and said that his two favorite dances were the hip-hop and Bollywood. He's just not clear if he will come back, both because of the injury and because of the time commitment, starting with Vegas. He might have to turn down a lot of the offers that came his way for next spring. He's already done that once.

On the bright side, Nigel's statement is an indication that they will continue with the All-Stars and I like that. I'm enjoying seeing the likes of Mark, Allison, and Kathryn, both in the group dances and paired dances.

Jimena
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Jose, Lauren, and Kent seem like a lock at this point.

Oh dear. I've lost a lot of interest in the season to the point where I don't think I'll be watching live. I don't really find any of the dancers left that appealing. Ashley and Billy are probably the ones I like the most. But if those three are left at the end? :yikes: Those are my three least favorite dancers in the competition.

I guess America and I just can't seem to see eye to eye.

So, Nigel said in an interview that Alex would not be eligible to come back as an All-Star next season because he did not finish the season. This seems weird to me because he didn't withdraw.

Nigel makes the rules as he goes along.

uyeahu
07-10-2010, 12:22 AM
I suspect Alex may have been pulling votes that might normally have gone to Billy and with him now officially out Billy may finally be in the hunt. Of course Kent will likely grab some of the Alex voters as well but he seems to have fallen from grace a little bit, so I don't think he'll get them all.

I'm hoping for a Billy, Lauren and Adechike final.

Jayar
07-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Alex's votes are now up for grabs... who will get them? Probably Billy, Kent, and Robert. Adechike, Jose, and the ladies are in trouble. Of course, they will eliminate Adechike the moment he hits bottom three. Here's how I see it playing out:

Next week bottom three: Adechike, Jose, and Ashley
Boot: Adechike

Two weeks bottom three: Jose, Ashley, and Robert
Boot: Robert

Three weeks bottom three: Jose, Ashley, Billy
Boot: Billy

Final Four: Ashley, Lauren, Jose, and Kent

4th place: Ashley
3rd place: Jose
2nd place: Lauren
Winner: Kent

LordCirque
07-10-2010, 12:47 AM
I thought Alex was coming back as a regular contestant not an all star.

pixie cut
07-10-2010, 12:52 AM
We don't even know if they will use the all star format next year. I'm guessing no, unless they go with an all star only competition. As much as I've loved watching Pasha, Mark, Kathryn, Anya, Twitch, Allison and even Dominic, there's been something missing for me this season. That electricity of people discovering the genres together. Those electric pairings like Chelsie/Mark, Sara/Pasha and Katee/Joshua. Lauren and Billy are kind of lost in the mix. I hope they either do an all star competition next year or revert to the top 20 format.

uyeahu
07-10-2010, 01:06 AM
As much as I've loved watching Pasha, Mark, Kathryn, Anya, Twitch, Allison and even Dominic, there's been something missing for me this season. That electricity of people discovering the genres together. Those electric pairings like Chelsie/Mark, Sara/Pasha and Katee/Joshua. Lauren and Billy are kind of lost in the mix.

I agree. I'd rather see the contestants dancing together until they get 2 dances on performance night and then have all-stars come in for one of those dances. It's much easier to judge them against one another when they are dancing together.

BlueAranjuez
07-10-2010, 02:01 AM
I'm throwing all my votes at Billy next week. He's the best of the rest IMO.

I totally agree!

BlueAranjuez
07-10-2010, 02:08 AM
My support will now be 100% behind Billy, I just really hope he can pick up momentum. Like several others, I had him and Alex as the Final 2. I wish we'd gotten to see them do another Mia piece together later in the season.

that would have been magical! Love them both! And am a huge Billy fan!

Holley Calmes
07-10-2010, 02:10 AM
I thought Alex was coming back as a regular contestant not an all star.

That's the way my husband and I just heard it 5 minutes ago. We replayed the show, and Nigel distinctly said "Of course Alex is invited back next year." He didn't say "but only as an All-Star." He's keeping the door open.

Hey Alex-third time's the charm. I hope!

Now I am conflicted about who will win. I think I'll continue to vote for Robert but add some Billy and Lauren.

genevieve
07-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Did Nigel say that Alex was welcome to come back directly into the top (20/10/whatever Nigel decides the day of final picks)? Or just to Vegas? I rather disagree that Alex should come back...Jessica had to leave mid-season due to injury and didn't get to come back the next year. The rules should be the same whether the dancer is the favorite or not. I understand why Billy got the invite back to Vegas this year, since he made the top 20 but never actually competed, but if someone has already gotten to the point of getting votes that should be it IMO.

The show was definitely on track for Alex to win, and I think TPTB would love to take credit for 'the farm boy blossoming into a real dancer' :rolleyes: and have Kent win... but we've also still only had 2 female winners in 6 seasons. I anticipate the judges to push Ashley or (more likely) Lauren as we get closer to the end.

I'm bummed to hear they're keeping the All-Star format, if it means we only get a top 10 again. I miss getting to see the contestants develop working relationships the first 5 weeks and I definitely miss having some weeks of cannon fodder, so the good-but-not-immediately-noticeable dancers have time to develop.

And even though modern is my favorite style and I want to see it displayed in the choreography, I would love to have a season with NO contemporary dancers. Of course what we'd end up with are contemporary dancers who are highly skilled in other styles as well being pimped under those other styles so that Nigel could bang us over the head with "zOMG you are not supposed to be able to do that! You have never had formal training in your life, despite the footage we just showed America of you taking contemporary classes from the age of 5. We are so amazing for having found you!!!!!1!!!!!" :P

Holley Calmes
07-10-2010, 04:18 AM
I'm not sure how to answer your question, G, but the word "Vegas" did not leave Nigel's lips.