PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Top 8 July 7/8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

LordCirque
07-09-2010, 03:11 AM
I feel glum. :( Kent in tears. Were they a couple?

I don't think so. Kent has cried at every elimination thus far.

centerstage01
07-09-2010, 03:13 AM
Well my heart is broken and my interest in the season has taken a definite downturn. I so, SO hope the surgery will be successful, that he heals rapidly, and that he gets a job with another major dance company if he doesn't go back to Miami. I'm proud to be an Alex fangirl.

Meredith
07-09-2010, 03:24 AM
Was there ever a dancer who was so universally liked or had such a groundswell of support?

I can't think of one. I am so sad for Alex, but at the same time hopeful. He has the best attitude, and if anything can help him pull through this, it is what he holds in his heart. That and some killer medical care.

While I don't know if he'll return to the show, or the stage for that matter, I have every confidence that things will turn out well for him. There is just something about him . . .

Holley Calmes
07-09-2010, 03:56 AM
It was those damn Bollywood jumps in second with his feet flexed! But you know-it could also be that the injury was coming on....achilles tendons CAN be a chronic thing that you just push too far one day and....snap. Oh I am so sorry for this lovely boy! But I do believe he'll be back. Not in 3 months. Maybe 6. We love you, Alex!

FiveRinger
07-09-2010, 04:16 AM
My heart just breaks for Alex. I'm sad because we're going to miss him on the show--no doubt he would have made it to the end. But, he's such a nice, humble guy. And he's funny. His reaction to dancing with Twitch last week and Adechike this week was cute. You can't help but just want great things for him!

I think that his mere presence on the show has had more impact than any of the other dancers who have competed. It's cliche, but he really did raise the bar(rre). It will be another 7 seasons before we see another like him. I didn't watch but the first routine after the announcement. It was hard to get into.....I've read the comments and watched tonight's show just so that I could hear the announcement. I wish everyone still on the show luck, but somehow, it just isn't the same.

I don't know who to root for now. Maybe I'll start throwing votes to Adechike just to piss Mia off. I'd like to see him get to the end just to spite her. There have got to be horns in that spiked hair somewhere, I swear.

Theatregirl1122
07-09-2010, 04:22 AM
I love Alex and I am really going to miss having him on this show. Every since last season I was looking forward to seeing him this season and he didn't disappoint at all. I don't think that anyone else this year is really dancing to win. I'm hoping that, now that Alex is gone, some of the others may see that the field is wide open and step up a bit.

uyeahu
07-09-2010, 04:23 AM
I'm throwing all my votes at Billy next week. He's the best of the rest IMO.

Satellitegirl
07-09-2010, 04:26 AM
Really very sad if he's not able to dance again, like he's used to :( I wish Alex all the best. I LOVE watching him dance, and for him to lose ability to do the thing he loves(it shows), would be awful.

DustPuppyOI
07-09-2010, 04:37 AM
It's not the same but here's Alex's post on The Winger, Gimpesha Limpalot (http://thewinger.com/2007/gimpesha-limpalot/), way back when he broke his metatarsal. I hope he can come back from this injury.

The Accordion
07-09-2010, 06:04 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
:wuzrobbed: :wuzrobbed: :wuzrobbed: :wuzrobbed:

genevieve
07-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Well, that was anti-climactic. The absence of Alex (or even any mention of him??) until decision time meant that his injury was too severe for him to continue, so I didn't stress at all about Billy and Ashley being in the B3. No surprise that Jose and Adechike weren't in the B3, either. They've both been popular since the beginning, and if there was any chance of Adechike being in the B3 this week, Mia torpedoed it. The only surprise of the night was that Robert wasn't in the B3.

Nice half-assed apology from Mia. Gotta love the "I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way" style that puts the blame back on other people :rolleyes: I don't even think she needed to apologize for how harsh her comments were to Adechike, but she should have admitted that it was unprofessional and inappropriate for her to invoke The Wonder of Alex during Adechike's critique. Of course then she'd have to go back and apologize for her comment to Melinda last week, too. I wonder if Nigel made her apologize...he disagreed with her pretty strongly last night. And they're probably all annoyed that it backfired.

Anya/Pasha dance :swoon: !

Billy's solo was great...Ashley looked like she gave up in the middle of hers. I think she's a strong dancer, but if this was a regular elimination she would have deserved to go based on that solo. of course, I can't see the judges leaving us with only 1 girl and 5 guys.

Natasha Bedingfield :scream: Glad she went back to lip synching...she sang live on that glee club competition in the winter and it was embarrassing to hear. Aw, I do like that Cat is so excited to see her friend though. She can't be that bad a person if Cat likes her!

I felt terrible for Alex having to stand in front of everyone during the announcement about his injury - at least he didn't have to do most of the talking, although Cat shoving a mic in his face saying "how do you feel about this?" wasn't her finest moment. Poor guy...I really hope he has a speedy (but not too speedy) and full recovery. Even if he doesn't do the competition again next year, I hope they bring him back to perform.

ps Cat needs an Emmy.

MarieM
07-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Alex :(
I won't watch that season anymore. He was the heart of it :(

Holley Calmes
07-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I think Alex did indeed raise the bar. There have only been a handful of dancers throughout the seasons whom I thought to be really and truly professionally superior. Of course, this is just my opinion, but I think there are probably quite a few other dancers out there who are on a level with Alex who might now be encouraged to be on this show. There's been an awful lot of the "competitiony" dancer look for years. Yes-there have been exceptions and some wonderful artists-but not overall.

Alex is not alone out there in the dance world. There's more of him, and now maybe we'll start to see them, and the quality will just keep getting better and better.

I for one think Billy is just being robbed. I understand his lack of partner relationship skills....but he is an extraordinary dancer with very unique physical gifts. But he's a kind of quirky personality who isn't a young teen heartthrob, and he isn't overly handsome, though I think he's very sweet looking. But it's his artistic gifts that count to me. Seeing him in the bottom 3 just breaks my heart. Ashley didn't deserve to be there either.

It's all a function of personality and demographics, and we all know this from having our hearts broken year after year. The primary voter is probably 14 and under the spell of Jose's adorable face and Kent's shucks-ma'm demeanor. That's fine-it's a popularity contest. But you do see that when someone really superior comes along-it cuts through all the tween and teen stuff. Alex would have won this year-I'd bet anything on it. I'm just hoping his participation encourages other fabulous dancers to try out next year.

Come back Anthony!!

MarieM
07-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Come back Alex !! I think we are robbed of everything he could have done here.

Do you think they'll make him come back ??

Holley Calmes
07-09-2010, 02:19 PM
I just had an idea! Wouldn't it be cool to have a dance competition during the summer (SYTYCD could alter their rules) and have professional companies send their young pre-company or soloists to battle it out? The dance companies get recognition and press, and we get to see fantastic dancers. Not just ballet companies, but contemporary companies, hip-hop and street crews, modern companies, jazz companies, etc. There are some hungry young company dancers out there having to pay their dues...this would give them an outlet to show their stuff nationally.

It'll never happen, but I can dream.