PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Top 8 July 7/8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Theatregirl1122
07-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Well, I'm a dance nerd, and I'm going to keep watching and voting. If it's a kent/Jose final-I won't be watching next time. (You know that's an empty threat....)

Once upon a time I swore that I would never watch American Idol again if Taylor Hicks won. And I've never watched a single minute of American Idol since.

*sigh* proving you are a man who does not know women's fashion. It was unflattering for a variety of reasons previously discussed. But very shiny.

That was an awful dress on Courtney.

If Alex is eliminated because of his injury, could they bring him back next season the way they did with Billy? Or did he go too far in the season?

I'm guessing he made it too far. But we'll see. We all know how much they like Alex, so maybe they'll try to do something for him.

numbers123
07-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Okay, I know I'm alone in this opinion, but considering the Bollywood piece was supposed to have Alex in it, and that is where Mia said the comment, I don't think it was that harsh, since Alex is one of her, and everyone elses, favorites. Had it just been a random off the cuff comment, I'd agree it was rude, but since Alex was supposed to be in that piece and she was probably looking forward to seeing him in that style and piece, I think it's an understandable comment and sentiment.

And I bet in the circumstance if any single poster on this board was in that judging chair in that moment, myself included, would have said the exact same thing.

As a judge, I expect her to be more professional and not demean a dancer in that manner. If she is unable to be professional and provide constructive critique regardless of who she wanted to see then she does not belong on a panel that is do just that.

She may have been looking forward to seeing Alex in that number, but he wasn't and to blame the other dancer for the lack of Alex is not professional.

I have been refraining from posting in the SYTYCD threads this season, but those mean cruel comments pulled me out from under my rock. Which is where I will go back to.

LordCirque
07-09-2010, 12:14 AM
I can't tell you how many times I've heard an exchange like that in rehearsals, in class, or in general conversation, both directed at me and other dancers. It's something I'm used to hearing go one in the studio, that "You should watch so and so, or I want to see ____ do this" so that is probably why I reacted less to it than others here, and why it doesn't strike me as particularly unprofessional. It's a normal occurrence and statement to me.

Was it unprofessional to some? Obviously it was to many but it's something I'm used to witnessing and/or hearing. That is all I'm saying.

Rhianna
07-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Was it unprofessional to some? Obviously it was to many but it's something I'm used to witnessing and/or hearing. That is all I'm saying.

That's great and yes, it happens. However, it shouldn't happen during a televised competition when you should be giving a critique of the person actually doing the dance since that's the only reason you're there.

AragornElessar
07-09-2010, 12:23 AM
This week's show was the first time I decided to join in the conversation this Season, only to see people reacting to a certain poster's comments yet again. My only intent was to keep things from going in the direction the SYTYCD threads have gone in the past and how those who have had enough of reading those comments could avoid them.

After the reaction I've gotten, I'll be joining numbers under her rock. Enjoy the rest of the season.

Jimena
07-09-2010, 12:56 AM
This week's show was the first time I decided to join in the conversation this Season, only to see people reacting to a certain poster's comments yet again. My only intent was to keep things from going in the direction the SYTYCD threads have gone in the past and how those who have had enough of reading those comments could avoid them.

After the reaction I've gotten, I'll be joining numbers under her rock. Enjoy the rest of the season.

You shouldn't leave. I reacted the way I did because I felt that your comment moved the thread in the direction we all want to avoid. So I guess in all of our "wanting to avoid", we ended up where we didn't want to. :shuffle:

I apologize if I came across as ganging up on you. That was not the intent.

Matryeshka
07-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Victoria's Secret is going to be all over this one for their fall collection commercials.

More Mia Michaels and her daddy in heaven issues. That was just dull.

LordCirque
07-09-2010, 02:05 AM
Actually, it's her mother. She died during, or not long after Vegas week this season.

Theatregirl1122
So I wonder how Nigel felt about Billy wearing a skirt. And being lifted.

PrincessLeppard
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Matryeshka
07-09-2010, 02:08 AM
I don't know, LC. It was Adechike as the big angel in the center. I kinda like Lauren's get-up. At least it's not a highly-unflattering baby doll dress.

Theatregirl1122
07-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Neither of these two better be in danger.

Theatregirl1122
07-09-2010, 02:09 AM
I HATE AMERICA.

LordCirque
07-09-2010, 02:10 AM
What was the music Mia used?

rjblue
07-09-2010, 02:10 AM
I hated the costuming of Mia's piece, and Sting's music was meh. But I liked choreograhy and the slow posing and the mood of the piece. It was a nice contrast to the usual frenetic beginning to the show.

I love Cat's dress and hair. I would wear that.

Wow- I can't believe Billy is in the bottom.