PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Top 8 July 7/8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

haribobo
07-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Right now I'm seeing a top 4 of Lauren, Ashley, Kent, and Billy. The judges are dumping Adechike the first chance they get, Jose can only make it so far (judges compliment him tons, but they won't hesitate to dump him when its his time and praise him for coming so far on his journey, blah blah blah), and Robert while good, is circling the drain. The voting public isn't into his rather standard solos, his short shorts, all that stuff. He just isn't one of the IT kids this year...and his routines have a lot of stiffness. Assuming Alex's injury is as serious as it seems to be, that leaves us with the above top 4.

slicekw
07-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Courtney, the only thing I enjoyed about that piece at all was her dress.

*sigh* proving you are a man who does not know women's fashion. It was unflattering for a variety of reasons previously discussed. But very shiny.

slicekw
07-08-2010, 06:26 PM
I love Cat. Why does she not have an Emmy?

....and she's shut out yet again. :mad:

LordCirque
07-08-2010, 06:28 PM
I'll be the first to admit I don't know a lot about women's fashion. I liked the dress itself, well, somewhat, actually only liked the color of it, beyond that I really didn't like much about it actually. But I love that shiny, metallic look for some reason right now.

AragornElessar
07-08-2010, 06:30 PM
And it's entirely possible for you to do so without making an announcement about it. I for one can't see anybody's messages last night or today that are in any way objectionable.

Agreed. We might disagree with each other or not like what other people say but there's no need to be bully-ish about it.

I was just pointing something out. No bullying intended and I'm not sure why I was just slammed, as others here have done simliar postings in other threads over the years here.

The Accordion
07-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I was just pointing something out. No bullying intended and I'm not sure why I was just slammed, as others here have done simliar postings in other threads over the years here.

But it seems to me we are playing pretty nicely together in these SYTYCD threads this year! There are quite a few different opinions but people seem to be okay with that and respectful!

So IMO we don't need to go back to attacking each other as was done in previous years. Art can be strong and bring out extremeley different reactions that can get under our skin - but we just have to remember that it is just opinion and everyone is entitled!

Or - we can choose to ignore individually - a good idea when it works for you!

Rob
07-08-2010, 10:04 PM
But it seems to me we are playing pretty nicely together in these SYTYCD threads this year! There are quite a few different opinions but people seem to be okay with that and respectful!

So IMO we don't need to go back to attacking each other as was done in previous years. Art can be strong and bring out extremeley different reactions that can get under our skin - but we just have to remember that it is just opinion and everyone is entitled!

Or - we can choose to ignore individually - a good idea when it works for you!

Here here, let's not go back in time!!

LordCirque
07-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Watching the rest of the episode:

I loved Kent & Lauren's contemporary. It was very well choreographed and very well executed, and it was a very difficult piece. No it didn't show, a lot of emotional range or growth, but I don't think a heavier piece would have worked on those two, particularly Kent. The fact that it was so honest is what made this piece work. When Contemporary isn't honest, that is when it doesn't work and becomes corny and trite.

Don't really have much to add on the Quickstep or the African. Other than the African looked rather unrehearsed and it looked more like a dance than a battle.

Rob
07-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Cat robbed again. Can we launch a campaign next year?

Mia and Stacey Tookey were nominated for choreography. Also Shankman for the Academy Awards and Chelsie Hightower and Derek Hough for DWTS.

nalgene
07-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I think the only way Cat will be nominated next year is if SYTYCD gets a nomination as well. She surely deserves one, especially after that fantastic defence of Adechike last night!

The Accordion
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM

Mia and Stacey Tookey were nominated for choreography. Also Shankman for the Academy Awards and Chelsie Hightower and Derek Hough for DWTS.

I am having difficulty navigating the nominee lists.
Would you be able to tell me what Stacey and Mia pieces are nominated?

ETA - Never mind - here they are

So You Think You Can Dance • Routines:
Gravity/Addiction & Koop Island Blues &
One • FOX • dick clark productions and 19
Entertainment
Mia Michaels, Choreographer

So You Think You Can Dance • Routine: Fear
• FOX • dick clark productions and 19
Entertainment
Stacey Tookey, Choregrapher

Rob
07-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Stacey: Fear (Patti Labelle number with Kathryn and Legacy)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amC9_PdTmrE&feature=related

Mia: one nomination but it was for Gravity/Addiction, One (group dance), and Koop Island Blues (Butt Dance)

Kind of surprised Tyce's This Woman's Work didn't get one. Or Sonya Tayeh for that Jakob, Ellenore piece.

LordCirque
07-08-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm very surprised one of the two pieces Sonya did on Jakob wasn't nominated, and that Travis didn't get one for If It Kills Me and Mr and Mrs Smith. I know they submitted If It Kills Me per Travis's twitter.

Rob
07-08-2010, 11:20 PM
I was thinking, if they do this All Star thing again, I wish they'd have a Top 20 that is paired up and dances together with 2 eliminated a week until 10 are left and then start dancing with All Stars for the last 5 weeks. Still eliminate one boy and one girl each week till the top 4. That way the top 10 gets some performing under their belts before they have to stack up against the old faves. For me, Alex is the only one who hasn't gotten overshadowed by at least one All Star and he has a ton of performing experience.

Allskate
07-08-2010, 11:21 PM

Good idea. Can we also launch a separate campaign to have Tyce tossed from the show and have the guy who choreographed Billy's Cats routine come in to do the Broadway dances?

If Alex is eliminated because of his injury, could they bring him back next season the way they did with Billy? Or did he go too far in the season?