PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Top 8 July 7/8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

flyingsit
07-08-2010, 01:13 PM
In his hip-hop, Kent looked more like he was dancing Broadway or jazz IMO. But Billy's broadway? :swoon::swoon::swoon: And Spencer Liff on my TV screen? :swoon::swoon::swoon:

Holley Calmes
07-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Well, the math nerd in me is thinking that the viewers who really care about the quality of dance, the Miami folks, and the ballet people will lose interest and may stop voting. If that's the case, we're looking at a Kent/Jose final.

Well, I'm a dance nerd, and I'm going to keep watching and voting. If it's a kent/Jose final-I won't be watching next time. (You know that's an empty threat....)

Angelskates
07-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I completely and thoroughly disagree, LC.

Me too.

skatesindreams
07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Poor Alex but also poor us, we can't see Alex dance :(

I couldn't agree more!
I'm so worried for him.

AYS
07-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Although I think this is a pretty good group of dancers overall, if Alex is out, it's like I've lost the will to go on (watching). :( :wuzrobbed

My other comment is, no matter who Pasha dances with, I seem to only see Pasha.

Rob
07-08-2010, 04:01 PM
I am gutted over Alex. I really hope he is ok, but I fear the worst.

I thought Lauren won the night with Billy and Kent close behind in a tie for second, then Ashley 4th. I didn't really like either piece that Billy danced, but he did both really well.
I liked both of Lauren and Kent's dances and Ashley's hip hop. Lauren and Kent have great chemistry. And she grasped the sexiness of the cha cha.

I thought Robert paled by comparison to Kathryn in the doll number and he really let Ashley down in the quick step. I am very disappointed that he has faded.

I disliked the Mandy Moore number for Adechike and Courtney - it did Adechike no favors. Not his fault. I agreed on the African dance influence in the Bollywood, but it just looked a little underrehearsed. I LOVE CAT DEELEY.

I liked Jose better in the piece with Lauren than I did in the afro piece with Billy. I expecte the opposite. He didn't have to do much more than partner with Lauren, but he did that well and he developed a good rapport with her.

Holley Calmes
07-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Indeed I am also worried about Alex. When my daughter was about 14, she suffered from chronic Achilles Tendonitis. It wasn't a complete tear, but lots of small fibers broken. It was incredibly painful, and she could not point her toe at all for like 3 months! I took her to many doctors and spent a fortune. I finally found an herbalist/massage therapist who had also been an RN. After 3 days of intense massage and some herbal drops my daughter was back on pointe shoes. 3 days!!!!! It worked! The injury had roots in her calve muscles being knotted and the nerves in her upper back/neck being pinched.

We don't know the extent of Alex's injury, so his return is something we can't discount or get excited about. If it's no worse than my daughter's, he could return. If it's a real tear.....I'm devastated. It's a bad, bad, bad injury for a dancer or athlete of any kind.

Aceon6
07-08-2010, 04:09 PM
We don't know the extent of Alex's injury, so his return is something we can't discount or get excited about. If it's no worse than my daughter's, he could return. If it's a real tear.....I'm devastated. It's a bad, bad, bad injury for a dancer or athlete of any kind.

Keeping my fingers crossed. If a firm diagnosis has been made, we're sure to see a tweet from Nigel in the next few hours.

AragornElessar
07-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Worried for Alex and have my fingers crossed.

Guys...Your enjoyment and chatting of this show here at FSU will far more enjoyable if you use the Ignore function for a certain poster. Seeing the Quotes from this person last night and this morning just clinches how right I was to do that very thing.

Oh and so, so, so WRONG no Emmy Nomination for Cat AGAIN!!! So very, very, very wrong!!!

PeterG
07-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Well, I'm a dance nerd, and I'm going to keep watching and voting. If it's a kent/Jose final-I won't be watching next time. (You know that's an empty threat....)

I thought one of those might eventually makes it's way to FSU...

;)

haribobo
07-08-2010, 04:33 PM
A certain website I know of that measures busy signals :D has Billy way in front this week, followed by Kent, with Adechike, Lauren, and Robert as the next 3. So I think there's been some good healthy voter backlash at the judges...And/or people just enjoy him and are making up their minds independently...I'm sure Alex is leaving tonight so it doesn't really matter who the other 2 in the "bottom 3" are....

Holley Calmes
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Guys...Your enjoyment and chatting of this show here at FSU will far more enjoyable if you use the Ignore function for a certain poster. Seeing the Quotes from this person last night and this morning just clinches how right I was to do that very thing.

And it's entirely possible for you to do so without making an announcement about it. I for one can't see anybody's messages last night or today that are in any way objectionable.

Jimena
07-08-2010, 05:12 PM
And it's entirely possible for you to do so without making an announcement about it. I for one can't see anybody's messages last night or today that are in any way objectionable.

Agreed. We might disagree with each other or not like what other people say but there's no need to be bully-ish about it.

Allskate
07-08-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm so, so sad for Alex. I hope this isn't a career-ender for him.

And to make things worse, no Mark again!

Billy was fantastic, especially in the Cats number.

I loved that Cat called out the judges. I almost wish she had done something similar for his first dance where they criticized him for relying on personality more than movement. The blame should have gone to Mandy for choreographing one of the worst dances she's done for the show. I didn't have a whole lot of dancing in it.

I think the harsh critiques of Adechike might backfire. Unless they send Alex home tonight, I think Robert is going home. He had his weakest night so far and he keeps ending up in the bottom three. I do think it's because of his personality -- not because he comes across as arrogant, but because he comes across as weird instead of coming across as a cute farmboy or a sweet boy with a good heart and no training. The quickstep strikes again!

There's no way they're sending Billy, Jose, or Kent home, and I really doubt that Jose or Kent would end up bottom three. I don't think they'd send Ashley home and they're probably not willing to send Lauren home after praising her so much.

Satellitegirl
07-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh nooooo :( I didn't get to see last night's episode, but Alex is my favorite. I hope to god he doesn't have to leave.