PDA

View Full Version : Eliza Tuktamysheva and her triple axel

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Sylvia
07-08-2010, 07:21 PM
She will be on the JGP this year, right?
Yes, both Tuktamysheva and Adelina Sotnikova (Russian senior champ 2 years ago) are 13 as of July 1st and finally old enough to make their JGP debut this season.

pinky166
07-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Yes, both Tuktamysheva and Adelina Sotnikova (Russian senior champ 2 years ago) are 13 as of July 1st and finally old enough to make their JGP debut this season.

Watch the JGPF ladies event be comprised of 5-6 Russian girls, the 1 Korean girl, and then only 1 or 2 American girls!

loopey
07-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Watch the JGPF ladies event be comprised of 5-6 Russian girls, the 1 Korean girl, and then only 1 or 2 American girls!
Worse... what if it's not covered anywhere!

Triple Butz
07-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Slutskaya had the most expressive arm movements among the ladies during her era, in my opinion.

Okay, I love Slute for many reasons, but this IMO was one of her absolute worst qualities. She was always tossing her arms about to and fro with no thought or care put into the way they looked or related to the music. Even during cross-overs I hated the way her arms would jut out and bounce up and down. To each his/her own I guess.

DickButtonFan
07-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Wow pretty good attempt at the 3 Axel it'd be nice if we could see even more videos and more skaters also.

pinky166
07-09-2010, 03:29 AM
Worse... what if it's not covered anywhere!

:wall: like Junior Worlds this year....so frustrating. Icenetwork usually covers the GPF and JGPF though. I'm glad the Russians are coming back strong again in skating, obviously the junior ladies field is incredibly deep, but the pairs are very strong too and a number of young men are also promising. It's exciting. Slute must be proud of all these young girls who want to be just like her :)

caseyedwards
07-09-2010, 05:32 AM
Was it Slutksaya winning the World Championship in Moscow that caused this?

Ziggy
07-09-2010, 04:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdkDLBmBFBU

I've been ramming the play/stop button on You Tube for ages to try to get the landing moment. :P

As I thought, it's cheated but looks like it's a little less than 1/4 so she would most likely get full value for the element and since judges ignore cheats, probably high GOE too because the jump has good flow throughout and good exit, straight into choreography/steps.

viennese
07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Fabulous jump. I like the edge coming out of it...she makes it look easy.

Canadask8er
07-10-2010, 03:51 PM
there is no way that jump is cheated. that much of a powerful running edge after the jump and the flow coming out of the jump is not what happens with a clean jump. cheated jumps tend to curl around a lot more or lack that kind of flow...

what a great triple axel!!! is she age eligible for seniors next year? how long will it be before shes in senior?

Allen
07-10-2010, 03:57 PM
If it is cheated, I think it is less than 1/4 for sure. Maybe like 1/16 :).

I have to say that I was shocked at how easy the jump looked. She didn't seem to be moving particularly fast going in to it so I was floored when she came out of it so smooth. Maybe the smoothness is tricking me in to believing it wasn't cheated. :saint:

I wonder, though, how many 12-14 year old skaters are going injure themselves severely trying to learn a triple axle now.

Autumn_girl
07-10-2010, 04:00 PM
there is no way that jump is cheated. that much of a powerful running edge after the jump and the flow coming out of the jump is not what happens with a clean jump. cheated jumps tend to curl around a lot more or lack that kind of flow...

what a great triple axel!!! is she age eligible for seniors next year? how long will it be before shes in senior?

I watched it in the slow motion and think it was about 1/8 but not more, so she would get full credit for that and positive GOE.
Liza will be eligible for seniors only in 2012-2013 season, this season we will see her at JGP and next season she will be eligible for senior Grand Prix

pinky166
07-10-2010, 04:00 PM

She is born December 1996, so she is eligible for JGP this season, then in 2011-2012 she can do SGP but not Worlds and Euros, in 2012-2013 she will be fully eligible for all senior international competitions.

What a great jump, that really is up to the standard of Midori's. She's so little though, I just have to wonder if a growth spurt will hanker her progress.

http://photo.fsonline.ru/main.php?g2_itemId=23668
Anna and Adelina are pretty small girls and they still tower over Liza.

ponta1
07-10-2010, 08:14 PM
She is born December 1996, so she is eligible for JGP this season, then in 2011-2012 she can do SGP but not Worlds and Euros, in 2012-2013 she will be fully eligible for all senior international competitions.

What a great jump, that really is up to the standard of Midori's. She's so little though, I just have to wonder if a growth spurt will hanker her progress.

http://photo.fsonline.ru/main.php?g2_itemId=23668
Anna and Adelina are pretty small girls and they still tower over Liza.

While it was a really beautiful jump, I don't think it's in the same standard of Midori's. Not yet, anyway.

Allen
07-10-2010, 09:10 PM
While it was a really beautiful jump, I don't think it's in the same standard of Midori's. Not yet, anyway.

Midori's had an incredible spring to it that I haven't seen from another female competitor.

I have to say, though, this was really pretty in the air. I was honestly expecting some raggedy triple axle when I went to watch the video.