PDA

View Full Version : What is your biggest fear?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bailey_
07-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Along the same thought as "what do you hate about yourself," I'm curious to know what it is that people really fear?

I have only one real fear that I struggle with and that is illness. I'm really anxious about getting sick and having to rely on someone else to care for me. Part of this fear is based in the fact that I live alone and I'm always scared that there will be nobody there if there is a medical emergency. I don't want to be anxious about this, but it is the one thing that I really fear.

Just thinking out loud and curious to know the experience of other posters...

PrincessLeppard
07-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Probably heights. But not enough to paralyze me should it become a factor in my winning Amazing Race. ;)

Buzz
07-06-2010, 12:57 AM
forgetting stuff. Seriously. Before going out I always check to the stove several times, and once out the door I check it twice to make sure. LOL

brina
07-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Money. I'm afraid I will be in dire need of it for some reason or another and I will have to resort to borrowing from relatives that will hold it against me.

Anita18
07-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Centipedes. I get the willies just thinking about them. Brrrrrrr! :scream:

In a more serious fashion, I also agree with the part about getting sick and being a burden to my family/friends.

Ozzisk8tr
07-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Plush ubers :scream:

mmscfdcsu
07-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Going blind. I have much scar tissue in my left eye from corneal graft and transplant. Not much sight left there. I fear losing sight and having to give up car and independence. :yikes:

MikiAndoFan#1
07-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Diseases. I'm so scared of one day having cancer.

:(

That's probably my biggest fear. Another one is finishing school and not being able to find a job.

FiveRinger
07-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Another one is finishing school and not being able to find a job.

I finished school; I am living the nightmare of not finding a job.

But if I have to pick another it would be of a long, painful death or a gruesome one.

figurefan
07-06-2010, 01:37 AM
What my baby sister is facing right now...the impending death of the man I love.

MikiAndoFan#1
07-06-2010, 01:38 AM
I finished school; I am living the nightmare of not finding a job.

Good luck finding a job!

:cheer2:

skamper23
07-06-2010, 01:59 AM
What my baby sister is facing right now...the impending death of the man I love.

:( Sorry for what your sister is going through, That would be top on my list of fears also the fear of losing one of my children. I try to remember everyday to be thankful we are all here and healthy at the moment, but you just never know when or if something might happen. Then again fears shouldn't stop anyone from living a happy life.....there's is a chance that nothing might happen and we all live a long happy life.....it's all a delicate balance.

PrincessLeppard
07-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Plush ubers :scream:

:drama:

Holley Calmes
07-06-2010, 02:13 AM
I almost said that I fear my breast cancer will come back. Then I thought about my cousin's 38 year old daughter, herself a mother of a 5 and an 8 year old, just diagnosed with stage 3a breast cancer. Then I realized it would be worse for my daughter to be stricken with something like that. Breast cancer is so much more rampant in younger women-it spreads so much faster! But for your child to suffer-that's the worst thing I can think of.

MikiAndoFan#1
07-06-2010, 02:15 AM
I have another one: losing my little brother.