PDA

View Full Version : Grab your bat and hit the sweet spot. Tennis 2010 vol.3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

neptune
09-12-2010, 07:37 AM
This is interesting. I heard that Federer pulled Djokovic aside in the locker room shortly after the match, and gave him a helpful tip about how to win the U.S. Open. That's pretty impressive--I never would have expected that from Federer.

His advice? Don't play Nadal in the final. :lol:

It looks like Wozniacki is being a little drama queen again. :drama: According to the AP, she's currently raising accusations of fraud against the USTA. :eek: Yep. Right after watching the ladies' final, she filed her complaint. Apparently she asked the officials to check Zvonareva's passport. :watch: "I'm not sure exactly where the Russian federation found that girl," Wozniacki stated emphatically, "but she's definitely not the same as the one who I played in the semis on Thursday." ;)

fragoletta
09-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Wow, what a match! I was torn between my desire to see another Fed-Nadal final and roooting for Djoko as he showed so much skill and heart...At the end I am happy he won as he looked like he wanted it more...Is it just me or Fed looked a little bored? I have the feeling he totally gave up the 2d and even the 4th set to a certain degree...He was also too tentative on his 2 MPs, I expected that he would step up and be more agressive on them, forcing Nole to make a mistake...Still, impressive performance from Djokovic who kept his nerves! Tonight I will be rooting for Nadal as he deserves his career GS and has done everything possible to improve his game. Let's hope for a good match! :cheer2:

As for the ladies, the only match I saw was Kim vs Venus and I don't regret staying till 2 am for it. Judging from the comments I'm glad I decided to skip the final (it started at about 2.30 am here), even though I adore Kim!

CaptCrunch
09-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Kudos to Kim Clijsters for repeating. At the start of the tournament I didn't think it would happen. She's a very nice girl so its always good to see her do well.

Congratulations to Vera Zvonavera for making the finals of both Wimbledon and the US Open this year. Quite a feat.

So bummed about Roger losing to Djokovic. :( Great match. Djokovic should a lot of heart hanging in there with 2 match pts against him.

I hope Nadal cruises to victory today in the finals. Winning a career grand slam is really special. I doubt Djokovic will be able to come back from his exhausting win plus Djokovic's parents are sooooo obnoxious. Makes it impossible for me to root for the guy.

Fergus
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM
It's a rather icky-poo day in NYC, weather-wise. Gray, chilly, and breezy. :( Probably will rain at some point, sigh.

As far as this year's tourny being boring, I must admit that the day matches seemed to be more interesting and competitive than the ones at night. Sorta odd, since exciting night matches with a die-hard and slightly rowdy crowd have served to make Ashe a groovy place in recent years (and I mean a good kind of rowdy, not that stupid putzy kid and the slap-throwing trashy lady). Stosur/Clijsters & Ferrer/Verdasco were fun (the latter just a really looooong day match, though ;) ) But we have had some fun day matches, especially Stan/Murray, Stan/Mikey, Venus/Kim, & of course Djok/Fed yesterday.

An odd Open, yes, but still fun, IMHO! :) And this year's signature cocktails (the "Honey Duece") were delightful!

Fergus
09-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Ok, now time for :mad: :

TWO American boys in the Junior finals and USOpen.org is NOT gonna show them on US Open Live.

[Beefy, Fergus, & Fergus' better-half:lynch:The old lady from the USTA who hands out the trophies]

Yeah, I know, its probably not Ms. Garvin's fault, but somebody needs to be chased up the mountain.......

oleada
09-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I wish the USTA treated the junior finals a little better. The other 3 slams put them on proper show courts, while in the US Open, they're stuck on courts 7 & 11.

Lara
09-12-2010, 07:30 PM
It's raining now. :( Hope it stops soon...or we may actually get our primetime men's final?

soxxy
09-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Just checking out usopen.org during this rain delay. It seems you need so much to watch in 3D on line, it's easier to just go to the match.

CaptCrunch
09-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Lots more rain expected in NYC tonight. Very little chance of play today.

CBS is now telling viewers we might have tennis today but my friends in NYC say no way.

soxxy
09-12-2010, 09:45 PM
I suppose Djokovic wouldn't mind another day of rest, although I haven't read any reports how he feels. I think the mindset of the USTA is get this game in even if it's 11 pm.

Aaron W
09-12-2010, 09:48 PM
LaGuardia isn't far from Flushing Meadows and the National Weather Service terminal aerodrome forecast for LGA currently indicates prevailing mist or drizzle past midnight, as well as temporary periods of light rain.

CaptCrunch
09-12-2010, 09:50 PM
CBS is just b.s.'ing viewers in hopes that they won't turn the channel.

Sorry they lose, football on FOX here I come. :D

Choupette
09-12-2010, 10:01 PM
So it looks like I won't get to see the final at all! :wuzrobbed I really wanted to watch it!

jenny12
09-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Sucks that the finals aren't on, but this may give Djokovic a little help.

Lara
09-12-2010, 10:26 PM
LOL - "at this time tomorrow we'll be a couple games into the first set of the finals". Or not.

I'm not too upset since I missed the semi yesterday, but I imagine there must be a lot of disappointed people (except Novak!)

Wonder what happens with the tickets if they can't play today? It's really not looking likely from my window. :(