PDA

View Full Version : Grab your bat and hit the sweet spot. Tennis 2010 vol.3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

jenny12
09-03-2010, 08:25 PM
It's back! Murray/Brown has been pretty entertaining so far. It ended in a wipe out, though.

It's too bad to see Ryan Harrison lose after being so close. It was definitely the most exciting match of the tournament so far.

Aaron W
09-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Damn. So frustrating to see Ryan Harrison lose after having 3 straight match points in the tie-breaker. :(

Fergus
09-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Damn. So frustrating to see Ryan Harrison lose after having 3 straight match points in the tie-breaker. :(

((((((Ryan)))))) Good try, kiddo, and may you have many many more years at the USTABJKNTC ahead of you! :cheer2:

Beefcake
09-03-2010, 11:09 PM
For pete's sake, I guess that I'm the one who must assure we're discussing the really important stuff ...

Carson Kressley's Fashion Report from the Open (sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1009/tennis.us.open.fashion.carson/content.1.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin) :D (Not in Carson's 10, but I flove Venus' art deco top.)

:yikes: Petrova's stiped nightmare

CaptCrunch
09-03-2010, 11:11 PM
((((((Ryan)))))) Good try, kiddo, and may you have many many more years at the USTABJKNTC ahead of you! :cheer2:

I know, I said the same thing to Andrea Jaeger back in 1982 when she lost her semi-final to Chris Evert that year. ;)

Seriously though, God what a heart-breaker that match was. It was soooo exciting to watch. You could tell that place was going to explode if Harrison had managed to win it. Unfortunately it was not meant to be. Still Ryan has arrived now and its great to see.

judgejudy27
09-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Some interesting womens 4th round matches are shaping up.

Clijsters vs Ivanovic- I dont see Kim having any real problem in this one. However Ana played pretty well here her first couple rounds. Kim went out to unexpected foes in Australia and Wimbledon so will have to be alert.

Pennetta vs Venus- This is if both win tonight. This would be a great round of 16 and definitely one which will be a big test for Venus to try and get past right now.

Schiavone vs Pavlyuchenkova- The young Russian vs the saavy veteran who is finding her form again after a big of a lull after her French Open triumph. I favor Schiavone in this one but it could be close if Pavly is firing on all cylinders.

Dementieva vs Stosur- this one is a toss up. A year ago I would have said Dementieva easily on anything but clay, but right now this is a 50-50.

Wozniacki vs Sharapova- this is if both win their next rounds but this is an amazing round of 16. I would favor Wozniacki right now, I think she would just be too steady, smart, and deep, and frusterate the harder hitting Maria into alot of errors.

Lara
09-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Well, here's my report from yesterday. :) I waited outside the 7 train and someone sold me their Arthur Ashe day ticket at a good discount, wheee!

I had a Carnegie Deli sandwich for lunch and then went to the Grandstand where I saw the first set of Gasquet's match. I didn't even recognize him at first, did he change his hair and make it blonder lol? I had to keep moving unfortunately since the one section that was shaded was *packed* and the ushers wouldn't let you stand, even all the way in the back where you wouldn't block. :( I was glad to see him win the set and that he played well the rest of the match!

I left, because Federer was playing at Ashe. Going up the escalator and seeing the globe and fountains outside has become something I look forward to each year. I was waay up almost to the last seats. Awesome view of the stadium as I think Fergus said...of course that meant Fed was kinda small :P and it wasn't much exciting a match to be honest. He didn't exactly have to raise his game. Still, I saw him live. :cheer:

Took some photos, then back to Louis Armstrong/the Grandstand where I caught the last games of Jankovic's win (good) and then switched to see Soderling vs. Dent. If any of you catch a future Soderling match, watch out for a group of four men in Swedish yellow singing drunkenly between points. Excerpts included "Hot Hot Hot" and "I like it like that". :lol: When the match ended Robin aimed his first ball directly at them, heh.

Next was Blake vs. Polansky, where I was in the definite minority rooting for the Canadian. Honestly I can see why James gets wild card entries despite younger guys probably being the better longterm investment...he puts people in the seats. I don't know what happened to Polansky - he totally destroyed Blake the first tiebreak to take the set but couldn't maintain the momentum, oh well.

I took a break in between the match to get a Grey Goose honey deuce drink (I think I look forward to it as much as the tennis!) and sit by the fountains outside Ashe, where I was curious if I could hear Sharapova...sadly she's not actually that loud. :P I window-shopped at Lacoste and Ralph Lauren and then saw Blake's match point from I think second row, whee. I could have gotten an autograph if I had something to sign.

I really hope I can still come back next year - it really is an awesome (albeit way too hot) experience!

neptune
09-04-2010, 03:46 AM
Clijsters vs Ivanovic- I dont see Kim having any real problem in this one. However Ana played pretty well here her first couple rounds. Kim went out to unexpected foes in Australia and Wimbledon so will have to be alert.

I think Kim will win, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 sets.

Pennetta vs Venus- This is if both win tonight. This would be a great round of 16 and definitely one which will be a big test for Venus to try and get past right now.

Peer won in straight sets. I don't know if she'll give Venus a tough time or not. But if Venus wins, I think Pavlyuchenkova (if she wins) could take her out in the quarters. Schiavone possibly too. However, if Venus and Kim both make it to the semis, I really don't see Venus beating Kim.

Schiavone vs Pavlyuchenkova- The young Russian vs the saavy veteran who is finding her form again after a big of a lull after her French Open triumph. I favor Schiavone in this one but it could be close if Pavly is firing on all cylinders.

I'll take Miss P., but it could go either way.

Dementieva vs Stosur- this one is a toss up. A year ago I would have said Dementieva easily on anything but clay, but right now this is a 50-50.

I'll pick Elena.

Wozniacki vs Sharapova- this is if both win their next rounds but this is an amazing round of 16. I would favor Wozniacki right now, I think she would just be too steady, smart, and deep, and frusterate the harder hitting Maria into alot of errors.

That's a hard one. Sharapova could definitely win, but Wozniacki will be tough to beat.

Nadal just won 6 straight points to take the tiebreaker--wow. :respec:

TalentedButHumble
09-04-2010, 03:48 AM
2nd set Nadal/ Istomin starting to make it worthwhile staying home from a couple of music fests tonight.

I think. Maybe.

Oops, not that point.

Lara
09-04-2010, 03:52 AM
That tiebreak was crazy. :eek: What a point by Istomin! And yet Nadal managed to come from 5-1 down to win the set. Geez.

Nice figure skating dress from Venus. :P And Serena looked as classy as I've ever seen her, gorgeous.

jenny12
09-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Nice shots by Istomin, but Nadal is too steady for Istomin to do any real damage.

BigB08822
09-04-2010, 04:10 AM
I don't see Sharapova stopping Wozniaki. I think Woz will win 6-4 7-5 and I pick her to win it all with Kim as my back up.

oleada
09-04-2010, 04:11 AM
Sharapova :cheer2:

neptune
09-04-2010, 04:18 AM
I think Woz will win 6-4 7-5 and I pick her to win it all with Kim as my back up.

I think Zvonareva has a shot too.

Coco
09-04-2010, 03:42 PM
I think Zvonareva has a shot too.

I see you Zvonareva and raise you a Dementieva.