PDA

View Full Version : Grab your bat and hit the sweet spot. Tennis 2010 vol.3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

allezfred
08-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Oh, and I got my Moya light beer bottle (http://estaticos03.marca.com/blogs/fuera-de-juego/imagenes_posts/2010/08/27/moya570.jpg) too. Uhm, it doesnīt look like parenthood has supposed a big change :shuffle:

Please tell me that's a real beer bottle and where I can buy one! :rofl: :rofl:

Fergus
08-31-2010, 01:05 AM
Cheers for the US Open Opening Day! :cheer2:

What a gorgeous day for tennis! Sunny and hot, but not too humid (well, a bit perhaps). ;)

Got to watch Soderling practice.....he's TALL! Sorta meatier in person, too.

Started the day with Gasquet vs. Greul. Dickie sported a blue t-shirt for practice...and was soaked all the way through. Dickie, next time, just do what Malisse did on the next court over and just take it off! :grope: (I'm assuming it was Malisse, he had the sexy ponytail.....and I never think ponytails on guys are sexy!)

The match started quite well, Dickie showed off his gorgeous backhand to its fullest extent. It really is such a great motion! I told my nephew to take notes!

Greul took time to settle in, he was very all-over-the-place at the start. Dickie took the first set and then the German took an injury time out at 3 all in the 2nd. His back was all taped up (and he was white as ghost under his shirt!).

We scooted out of Court 10 after Dickie took the second set to make it in time for Kim at Ashe.

Ugh, and a big "F*ck u!" to the douche-nozzle who shouted out "Let's go, Partyboy!" right when Dickie was getting ready to serve. :mad: Putz, save that crap for the NFL. :rolleyes:

Also, Dickie has got to have the best butt in the business. Sweet lordy, its as delightful as his backhand. :swoon:

Went up to "the gods" in Ashe, got a lovely suntan. I actually love sitting high up at Ashe, the views are always spectacular AND you can pretty much see whats going on in Armstrong as well. ;)

Kim started off beautifully, bageling Arn in the first set. The second set was a bit "Um, Kim, sweetie, whats goin' on?". But she fought back admirably from being down 4-0 in the second. It was like she just lost her movement for a bit, but then a light went on and our old hustling Kim was back!

Later on, we saw Kim sitting next to Patrick in the ESPN booth. A small crowd gathered behind them and we all sort of cheered her a bit, she was very sweet and smiled and waved back. Charming lady!

Next up was my AndyRoo vs. Stephane Robert! Some wonky moments but one great rally where both men were all over the place will lobs and smashes that just kept staying IN! It was a fun point and the crowd loved it. :) Robert relied on some sneaky droppers in the first set, but then let it fly in the second, some really good hitting from both players.

LOVE seeing all the gay Euro boys in town! They're just adorable in their sleeveless t's, capri pants, black socks, teeny-tiny soccer sneakers, fedoras, and HUGE sunglasses that would make Jackie O proud. I almost want one for Christmas (a gay Euro dude, I already have the sunglasses). ;)

All in all, a lovely and exciting first day!

Megi
08-31-2010, 03:42 AM
Thanks, Fergus! Always great to read about live tennis adventures. Glad you had fun! :cheer:

Ugh, and a big "F*ck u!" to the douche-nozzle who shouted out "Let's go, Partyboy!" right when Dickie was getting ready to serve. :mad: Putz, save that crap for the NFL. :rolleyes:

What an arsehat! :mad: Too bad he didn't realize that this kind of joke would have been remotely amusing about 15 months ago. :rolleyes:

Coco
08-31-2010, 05:47 AM
Marat interview, courtesy of a link from Jon Wertheim

http://www.gototennisblog.com/2010/02/04/tennis-hunk-at-home-marat-safin-in-his-moscow-penthouse/

oleada
08-31-2010, 06:02 AM
:cheer2:

I hope for some nice reviews, if itīs possible :)

Awesome! :rollin:

Have fun and don't forget to tell us all about it. :D

Thanks, guys. I hope I can write a good report - it'll be my first live tennis event :)

Loves_Shizuka
08-31-2010, 11:23 AM
Good work Fergus!

I am LOVING Venus' dress! :D

Fergus
08-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Some tips for those attending the US Open (though I'm an old :dog:, I still love learning new tricks!):

If you have grounds pass tix only (not assigned seats in Ashe or Armstrong) and you want to catch some play on the outer courts, DON'T line up with everyone at the East Gate! The East Gate is the one closest to the 7 train and the LIRR and its where most people normally congregate before the gates open.

Instead, when you get off the train, continue walking past the East Gate and around to your right toward the South Gate. It's less crowded and you enter right in the middle of ALL the outer courts, easily able to make a B-line toward them and get a great seat for some up-close viewing!

The practice courts are by the West Gate, which, IIRC, is restricted to those with "credentials". :rolleyes: You can get to the practice courts quickly from the South Gate as well! ;)

My party and I lined up at the South Gate around 9:45am, gates opened at 10, and we got EXCELLENT seats on Court 10 for Dickie's match, right against the back wall (they are bleacher seats) and in the shade! :) They were so close, I could taste, er, um, SEE the sweat pour off the lusciousness that is Monsieur Gasquet. ;)

Now, if you have grounds pass tix and definitely WANT to get into the Grandstand, then you probably should line up at the East Gate, it's a very quick walk from there to the Grandstand. Just make sure you get there early, I would say between 9am - 9:30am. Yeah, its alot of time to kill, but the atmosphere is fun and happy, so it goes by rather quickly. :)

And, if you can avoid it, DON'T bring a bag (especially at the East Gate), 'cause the bag check line can take a while. I wore cargo shorts and just loaded up the pockets. :D

Enjoy!

Megi
08-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the tips! Looks like the South Gate is the place to be. ;)

I'm always promising myself I'm going to visit the Open 'next year'. So yeah, maybe next year! :D

Fergus
08-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Jankovic in trouble in the 3rd set, Halep serving for the match! :wideeyes:

Wow, Jelena saved that one! 5 all.

Now Halep serving to stay alive! Man, I love tennis. :cool:

Jankovic wins it! :cheer2:

Megi
08-31-2010, 06:33 PM
^Every new day reminds me why I dislike WTA. :duh:

Fergus
08-31-2010, 06:44 PM
^Every new day reminds me why I dislike WTA. :duh:

And my stars, they were both VERY vocal in their frustration! :lol:

Baghdatis and Clement battling it out, 5th set just about to begin! :watch:

Clement overloaded with accessories like an older version of Tipsarevic. ;)

Megi
08-31-2010, 07:35 PM
I can't find a working stream of Djoko vs Troicki. :wall:

ETA. Found one! (http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-us-open.html) :cheer2:

Fergus
08-31-2010, 07:40 PM
I can't find a working stream of Djoko vs Troicki. :wall:

Is USOpen.org's "US Open Live" geoblocked in Canada?

Megi
08-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Is USOpen.org's "US Open Live" geoblocked in Canada?

Sadly no. :( And TSN doesn't bother streaming live. Boo!

Fergus
08-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Sadly no. :( And TSN doesn't bother streaming live. Boo!

Argh! :wall:

But the site you found is rather groovy. ;) Worked great for European Aquatics Champs! :lol:

Clement takes out Baghdatis in 5!!!!