PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Stojko Married! (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Mariko88
07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I just don't understand how anyone would want to marry in Las Vegas for 199 dollars (starting price...), but of course: tastes differ!

Yeah, would be much better to spend 10s of thousands of dollars on one single day. pfffffffffffffffft:rofl:

heckles
07-10-2010, 08:55 PM
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Stampede+skater+Elvis+Stojko+finds+love+match+then +Vegas+wedding/3244717/story.html

Cute photo. When does she graduate high school?

Finnice
07-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh. So he's straight, huh?

Were you still hoping, Peter G.?:D
Congrats to them! I am happy that my good friend has gotten over her Elvis-infatuation, 10 years ago this woud have broken her heart.

Ziggy
07-13-2010, 02:15 PM
:eek: He would have lost his membership repeatedly - for his hair!

You really had to be totally clueless to ever believe Stojko could be gay. :P

julieann
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
I saw him perform live in a gala earlier this year and was impressed. He was wearing a horrid bright yellow shirt though. Wish them all the best. I just don't understand how anyone would want to marry in Las Vegas for 199 dollars (starting price...), but of course: tastes differ!

When my sister got married at the Venetian in Vegas, her wedding cost over 30 grand! I was amazed...so I guess just because it's Vegas doesn't mean it's cheap.

Ice Queen
07-13-2010, 05:09 PM
The Calgary Stampede website now has a picture of Elvis to advertise the ice show. He's sporting 2 tattoes now, one on each arm.

His wife has skating videos on youtube, and she is an awesome skater. She's a "jumper" so it looks like Elvis found the perfect woman for him. I wish them a lifetime of happiness.

Still would like to know why Elvis chose Mexico to live?

snoopysnake
07-13-2010, 06:45 PM

I think he found out there were gay figure skaters in Canada! :lol:

Seriously, I wish the best for Elvis and his bride.

Doubletoe
07-13-2010, 07:01 PM
The Calgary Stampede website now has a picture of Elvis to advertise the ice show. He's sporting 2 tattoes now, one on each arm.

His wife has skating videos on youtube, and she is an awesome skater. She's a "jumper" so it looks like Elvis found the perfect woman for him. I wish them a lifetime of happiness.

Well, it's the closest place he could go where nobody would know who he was. Also, it's inexpensive and he may have been drawn to the people and culture (I can't blame him. I like that warm, down-to-earth vibe, too).

skating_sarah11
07-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Looks to me like that is former Mexican skater Gladys Orozco. She competed at Four Continents a few times.

That would make sense since he was coaching (possibly still is) in Mexico for a while. They probably coached together and met that way.

skating_sarah11
07-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Didn't anyone else see The Kids in the Hall Christmas Special? Dave Foley introduced Elvis as "Famous World Champion figure skater and heterosexual"?

Could there be any question after that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGBhw961de8&feature=related
Start at 4:35.

I totally remember watching that and asking my sister what heterosexual meant! haha.

allyx82
07-21-2010, 09:47 AM
congrats to them but why vegas..