PDA

View Full Version : 10 dollar air fares....but there's a catch

essence_of_soy
07-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Click here for the link (http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/7501497/ryanair-to-introduce-standing-flights-for-under-10)

missflick
07-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Definitely NOT for long flights.

orbitz
07-02-2010, 07:17 AM
I would buy the standing ticket. Wouldn't bother me.

Now the other idea about coin operated toilet on plane to encourage people to go before they board... Huh? You can't control when you have to go.

DickButtonFan
07-02-2010, 08:22 AM
I'd do it but don't really get how it saves that much $ for the airline.

orientalplane
07-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Um, the real 'catch' to a $10 air fare becoming commonplace is not that passengers have to stand for the duration of the flight, but the small matter of its contribution to irreversible climate change and the end of the earth as we know it.

These short-haul flights are the worst in terms of carbon emissions, and they're the journeys many people could make by train instead.

But airlines have no interest in this. All that's important to them is packing in as many passengers as possible and collecting the cash.

allezfred
07-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Ryanair has conceded the plans for vertical seats are still in the "very early stages".

In other words, nothing to see here folks. Michael O'Leary is the ultimate in media attention seeker. It's part of his business plan. This ain't happening.