PDA

View Full Version : Lilith Fair 2010

Pages : 1 [2]

overedge
07-07-2010, 02:07 AM
My pregnant friend reports that at the Vancouver show there were six mainstage acts, and she got to see exactly one of them from the general admission area (the view from which was partially blocked by a lighting rig). She heard the rest of the acts while she was standing in line for a donair. The person ahead of her in the donair line had paid $300 each for two VIP seats, and never got to sit in them....she spent the entire time waiting in unfathomably long lineups for drinks and food. No outside food and drink was allowed, and there were 4 food vendors for 10,000 people.

Also, the VIP seating was for the mainstage only, which had only the evening show (four hours). There was no reserved seating - heck, there were no *seats* - for the two other stages where the secondary acts played during the day. So the people who shelled out for the big $$$ tickets didn't get any better view of the afternoon shows than the people who bought the general admission tickets. Which AFAIK wasn't mentioned on the ticket sales information.....

Allskate
07-07-2010, 05:20 PM
I would go just to see Heart. I loved them!!

They were incredibly good. They sound just as good as their recordings. I lost my voice screaming for them. The crowd just loved them -- and it was a very diverse crowd. Heart seemed to be having the time of their lives. They played some songs from an upcoming CD, and I'll definitely be buying it.

As for venue rules, reserved seating, etc., it really varies by venue. We were able to bring our food and drink. The good seats had reserved seating. However, that was just for the main stage. The lesser-known acts were on side stages in the afternoon with no real seats or reserved seating.