PDA

View Full Version : 19th Duggar Baby Finally Home

Pages : [1] 2 3

ilovepaydays
06-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Yahoo! TV article (http://tv.yahoo.com/19-kids-and-counting/show/43716/news/tv.accesshollywood.com/tv.accesshollywood.com-duggar-family-finally-welcomes-home-baby-no-19)

Great for them. I saw an episode where Josie went to their Little Rock apartment and then had to return to Arkansas Children's two days later.

I can't imagine how frightening it is to have any premature baby - especially that early. BTW, I was born at 32 weeks and I am also a graduate of Arkansas Children's NICU (Class of 1980 BABY!! :) ).

Though she still only weigh 9 lbs at six months old - but my mom has told me that with premie babies - and with me - it takes a year for them to "catch up" to the growth of what a normal term baby would do.

I also can't believe that the Duggars went through 12 kids having the chicken pox. :eek:

nubka
06-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Good for baby Josie! I wonder if there will be a #20 down the road for the Duggars...

Winnipeg
06-30-2010, 05:38 PM
It's certainly great to hear the baby is healthy and doig well.

However, I still question the judgement of having so many kids. Seems unfair to the kids

Lanie
06-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Preemies aren't often caught up until two years old. I was a micropreemie (1lb 7oz at 26 weeks) and in the NICU for 8 months, and in and out of the hospital constantly until I was two. Not surprising Josie was back in.

orbitz
06-30-2010, 07:33 PM
I wonder if there will be a #20 down the road for the Duggars...

You Betcha!

ilovepaydays
06-30-2010, 08:10 PM
You Betcha!

I am no medical expert, but I would think that after having 2 babies with a C-sections in that short time period, they should at least take some time to recover before having another. Isn't it dangerous for a woman to have a baby so quickly after a c-section?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duggar_family
18 Jordyn-Grace Makiya December 18, 2008(2008-12-18) Birth via C-section
19 Josie Brooklyn December 10, 2009(2009-12-10) Birth via emergency C-section, featured in a TLC special

Plus, they should wait and see how well Josie ends up doing before having another child.

Prancer
06-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Plus, they should wait and see how well Josie ends up doing before having another child.

But they let God decide such things.

UMBS Go Blue
06-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Before I became vBookie moderator, I was already a premium member so I didn't have to see ads at the top of each page. Now, as moderator of the vBookie forum, I see ads everywhere on FSU. And - lo and behold - what popped up on this page?

A banner of the Duggars, with family portrait (quite a lot of them):

The Duggar secret to saving time:
SOS Homeschool Curriculum
Save 12% Now!
Code GLDUGGAR12
www.aophomeschooling.com;)

Prancer
06-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Before I became vBookie moderator, I was already a premium member so I didn't have to see ads at the top of each page. Now, as moderator of the vBookie forum, I see ads everywhere on FSU.

Those ads are really amusing sometimes :lol:. I don't see most of them any more, but every now and then, one will kind of stand out.

DickButtonFan
06-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Didn't she recently say she wanted more children even after all that happened with her last child? You'd think she'd want to devote her time to her child that is having some health problems right now instead of worrying about another baby.

I believe people should be able to have any many kids as they want, it's a human right, but I still think she's crazy. They seem like a nice family though.

ArtisticFan
07-01-2010, 12:27 PM
But they let God decide such things.

That is the company line - so to speak. However, I think they might be taking some precautions. I doubt Michelle would go on birth control, as she believes that being on the pill caused a miscarriage in her early mother years.

Michelle has been said to be staying home with Josie (and maybe one of the older girls) while the majority of the family is traveling. Yes, it could be because Josie's immune system is compromised and being around that many children would be risky. But you have to note that with Jim Bob on the bus with the kids and Michelle at home, they can't do anything to make another baby.

I think a 20th baby will be in their future (they can't help themselves). But I think it might be a little while before that happens. They are a bit odd and strange, but they aren't stupid about PR and media. They have to know if they got pregnant at this point, the public reaction would hardly be the same as it has been.

allezfred
07-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Those ads are really amusing sometimes :lol:. I don't see most of them any more, but every now and then, one will kind of stand out.

Like "Chubby Gays". :lol:

IceKween
07-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Preemies aren't often caught up until two years old. I was a micropreemie (1lb 7oz at 26 weeks) and in the NICU for 8 months, and in and out of the hospital constantly until I was two. Not surprising Josie was back in.

I don't think that will stop them from having the next baby in the next 12 months. I really think the mother is mentally off. Look for an announcement soon. These kids are taking care of one another while mom goes from one pregnancy to the next all for publicity or her own mental issues. Maybe she likes the attention, either from the media or her husband or what.

I can't believe her uterus, bladder and other organs haven't prolapsed yet.

gkelly
07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
with Jim Bob on the bus with the kids and Michelle at home, they can't do anything to make another baby.

Well, there are things they could do to make one, but I'm sure those things would also be against their religion.

skatesindreams
07-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Josie will need monitoring for some time to watch for possible complications, as she develops. That may delay any thoughts of another child.