PDA

View Full Version : Things you hate about yourself!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

PDilemma
07-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I also hate that I am apparently incapable of deleting e-mail. In my inbox at this moment, there are 2016 messages. I am not making this up.

Me, too. I have almost 4000. Why? Why do we do this???

snoopy
07-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I save up my bills to pay all at once, once or twice a month, and then it becomes a big project that I keep procrastinating.

Me too. And it annoys me that they are not all due at the same time to nicely fit in to my once a month payment schedule!

Frozen_Fire
07-02-2010, 01:01 AM
Oh goodness, I don't post on here much, but I can relate to so much on here that I can't resist getting back in the habit. I don't even think I can keep count of the many "issues" I feel I have and the many little things I dislike about myself.

-I'm so terribly paranoid about certain things that I'm beginning to think it's a psychological problem. I'm 18 years old, and I've recently had this paralyzing fear that I'm not where a "normal" 18-year-old should be in life, though I'm aware that that's probably not the case. It's quite like some people describe a mid-life crisis...guess that came a little early. :lol: I wish I could just relax.

-There's this weird discrepancy between how I perform and how I prepare when it comes to some performance arts I'm involved in. I dance and play the piano, and I've been told I'm very talented and passionate on stage. Those qualities don't seem to translate into lessons, however -- I'm very stiff and terrified during those and am definitely not the same person I am on stage. It's strange because most people seem to have the opposite problem. I hate it so much because I feel like it's preventing me from realizing my full potential in both areas.

-I get burnt out and overwhelmed very easily. I was far more responsible and organized as a freshman in high school than I am now, and I have a feeling that my taking things a little too seriously and burning myself out might have something to do with that. I hate the "getting overwhelmed" part because it has prevented me from tackling things in a level-headed manner.

-I don't procrastinate, much, but I'm not very efficient. Work that should take me one hour often takes me three.

-I process orders and ideas very slowly, and I am incapable of multitasking.

-I'm also perfectionistic to the point of it doing more harm than good.

This is quite a mountain of things to fix two months before I leave for college. :yikes:

UGG
07-02-2010, 03:58 AM
I HATE using the phone too unless it is to call my sisters, my mom or my best friend. I know this bothers a lot of people but I mean to make plans why do u have to have a whole conversation? I will see you at wherever we made mak plans to go LOL.

But that is not something that I really HATE about myself. Probably other people hate it about me LOL.

I am 100% a procrastinator. I do hate that quality but I have no idea how to stop.

cruisin
07-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Oh goodness, I don't post on here much, but I can relate to so much on here that I can't resist getting back in the habit. I don't even think I can keep count of the many "issues" I feel I have and the many little things I dislike about myself...

...This is quite a mountain of things to fix two months before I leave for college. :yikes:

I think you're being way too hard on yourself. Many young adults have similar feelings. Your life is changing dramatically right now. It is exciting, but it is also a little scary. Explore. As far as your anxiety during lesson time/comfort performing: Maybe there is some unresolved issue with the teacher? Does the teacher make you nervous? Maybe it's not you. This is something that I am sure you can work out. Try talking to the teacher, maybe he/she can help you find a more comfortable relationship. But, first - stop being so hard on yourself! :)

I am 100% a procrastinator. I do hate that quality but I have no idea how to stop.

The answer will come tomorrow, or the day after :D

MOIJTO
07-02-2010, 02:46 PM
I save up my bills to pay all at once, once or twice a month, and then it becomes a big project that I keep procrastinating.

When I first met my husband he use to pay his bills like this, most of them were late and it cost him more in late fees that he was actually spending more than he earned.

Straightened his butt out real fast. He was amazed how much money I could save by the end of the month by paying his bills ON TIME.

Now I pay ALL bills online, I set them up at the beginning of the month and just monitor the account frequently.

Budgets are essential in this day and age and counting pennies, literally counting pennies is survival for us! :)

Aaron W
07-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I procrastinate and procrastinate and procrastinate on basically everything. I'm doing it now.

cruisin
07-02-2010, 03:50 PM
When I first met my husband he use to pay his bills like this, most of them were late and it cost him more in late fees that he was actually spending more than he earned.

Straightened his butt out real fast. He was amazed how much money I could save by the end of the month by paying his bills ON TIME.

Now I pay ALL bills online, I set them up at the beginning of the month and just monitor the account frequently.

Budgets are essential in this day and age and counting pennies, literally counting pennies is survival for us! :)

I pay everything on time as well. As far as charge cards, I use debit cards. If I don't have it, I don't spend it.

But, I don't pay on line. And I insist on itemized statements, especially from Verizon. I have gotten too many bills with errors to pay them without thoroughly inspecting them.

Bev Johnston
07-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't really see the difference between being chronically late and chronically early. If you're always 10 minutes early, I would assume that you have similar time management issues that someone who is always 10 minutes late has. :shuffle:

I totally agree with this. I find extreme earliness very rude, too.

Going out to dinner is less flexible in terms of time, especially if you have reservations, but again, if someone says "around 7 for drinks, reservation at 7:45", I take that to mean "arrive a bit after 7, not exactly at 7". I would try to arrive at around 7:10-7:15. 7:41 is extreme, and I would never do that without calling and saying that I would be late, but the poster who shared that story should be thankful that the friends in question at least arrived before the reservation, not significantly after, which I have had happen to me... :eek:

That poster was me! I am just thankful we made the plan to meet early for drinks or I'd bet money that they would've been 41 minutes late to dinner. I even texted my friend at 7:15 to say "I'm here," to which she replied, "En route!" I immediately knew that she actually meant, "We are running around our apartment, looking for keys and purses and haven't actually left yet." They didn't even apologize for being late. It's always like "La la la.. hug hug good to see you..." whenever they are late. Which is all the time. Good thing I didn't wait for them to start my cocktail hour or I would've been testy.

I really don't have a problem with being 10 minutes late to something that doesn't have a definite starting time. Stuff happens and I get that. But making people sit alone for extended periods of time or causing the group to miss things because of their tardiness... well that's inexcusable to me.

vesperholly
07-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm 18 years old, and I've recently had this paralyzing fear that I'm not where a "normal" 18-year-old should be in life, though I'm aware that that's probably not the case. It's quite like some people describe a mid-life crisis...guess that came a little early. :lol: I wish I could just relax.
Newsflash: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NORMAL.

:D Sorry to shout. But it's true. There are an infinite number of paths your life can take, and just because SOME people follow a certain order does not mean that YOU should follow it as well. The more variety of adults I meet, leading a variety of lifestyles, the more I feel comfortable that whatever path my life takes, it is mine and mine alone, and that's OK. (Easier said than done, I know)

MOIJTO
07-02-2010, 07:08 PM
I pay everything on time as well. As far as charge cards, I use debit cards. If I don't have it, I don't spend it.

But, I don't pay on line. And I insist on itemized statements, especially from Verizon. I have gotten too many bills with errors to pay them without thoroughly inspecting them.

Most of my bills have statements online at the bill payer's actual site that you can reference. I get a small discount on some bills for not having a paper sent to the house. Hey, it helps!

Anita18
07-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I actually love paying my bills, aside from the "money going away" thing. :lol: I pay them all online, so it's just a matter of setting up some transfers and doing some calculations. My salary is direct-deposited into my savings account and I have to move it into my checking to pay stuff.

It makes me feel organized. If I had more than 10 unread messages in my inbox, it drives me bugnuts insane. :lol:

This is quite a mountain of things to fix two months before I leave for college. :yikes:
Oh honey, you think people have it all figured out in college? :rofl:

You're still very young, there's plenty of learnin' and figurin' out left to do in your life! I did have a quarter-life crisis of sorts after my college graduation, and I'm still feeling the waters about what I want to do.

It's one thing I've learned since venturing out into the real world - very, VERY few people have it all figured out, even in their 40's and 50's. And the ones that do, you actually wonder if they stopped moving long enough to ponder if what they're doing is what they really want to do. :shuffle:

MOIJTO
07-02-2010, 07:14 PM
You said it Anita18 ^^

I am in my 50's and I still do not know what I want to be when I grow-up!

That for me is the fun of life, what can I do next! :)

Spinner
07-02-2010, 09:21 PM
A person has to be a very good friend or a family member in order for me to call them. I always feel like I'm interrupting someone when I call.
:shuffle:

PrincessLeppard
07-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Not you, silly! :P