PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

JerseySlore
09-07-2010, 01:45 AM
I'm curious to know what you think: do you think there's going to be an 8th book?

I highly doubt it's going to happen. But I seriously need better closure than that crappy epilogue!!!

Back to the discussion of casting, I fluv Maggie Smith as McGonagall. I hope we will get to see her duel like she means business:encore:
Watson is too pretty, but I got so used to her I can't see anyone else as Hermione. Coltrane H.B. Carter are too perfect as Hagrid and Bellatrix. As for Gambon, I always end up thinking 'what's Gandalf doing in Hogwart?':huh:

nerdycool
09-07-2010, 04:38 AM
As for Gambon, I always end up thinking 'what's Gandalf doing in Hogwart?':huh:If only Ian McKellan were Dumbledore.... *sigh* Missed opportunities!

ChelleC
09-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Although still nothing annoys me as much as "lets have the death eaters randomly attack the Weasly house" from movie six. Except for possibly later in the movie when the Death Eaters manage to get into Hogwarts after all this work and all they do is break dishes and light Hagrid's empty hut on fire.

The entire ending of HBP really gets me :mad: Dumbledore not stunning Harry, and then Harry just stands there and lets Snape go up. In what world would that happen? Harry didn't trust Snape as far as he could throw him! Then when Harry is chasing after Snape, in the book Snape blocks him and tells Harry that he's going to keep being blocked unless he learns how to cast silently. It's a clue of what side Snape is really on, and they left it out!

I guess it would have taken precious screen time away from Lavender Brown. :rolleyes: Personally when they were in the infirmary after Ron was poisoned I wanted Snape to AK her.

Can you tell HBP is my least favorite of the movies?

IceAlisa
09-07-2010, 07:39 AM
I guess it would have taken precious screen time away from Lavender Brown. :rolleyes: Personally when they were in the infirmary after Ron was poisoned I wanted Snape to AK her.

:respec:

rfisher
09-07-2010, 11:41 AM

Can you tell HBP is my least favorite of the movies?

The look on AR's face was priceless, however.

Satellitegirl
09-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I love Alan Rickman. He fits the part like a glove.

MikiAndoFan#1
09-07-2010, 01:52 PM
I love Alan Rickman. He fits the part like a glove.

I agree, he portrays the character so well! And Snape is one of my favourite characters!

manleywoman
09-07-2010, 04:09 PM
If only Ian McKellan were Dumbledore.... *sigh* Missed opportunities!

Between LOTR and XMen, the guy already had the lock on the fantasy market.

twinsmom
09-07-2010, 04:16 PM
I agree with this, I really wasn't happy with the way that character was portrayed. My problem with Gambon is that his Dumbledore comes across as kind of, I don't know, angry? There isn't nearly as much warmth to him as I feel like there should be and the humor isn't there.

Definitely, angry. Remember the scene in GoF after Harry's name came out and Dumbledore went ballistic on him. That scene made me so mad, because it was SO not the Dumbledore I knew from the books. The quality I think Richard Harris had down was the warmth and I guess a sense of what we now know colored and tempered his life.

I look forward to the Deathly Hallows movies, but I'm sure I'll be upset about a lot of what they will do to it (I'm as equally :mad: as most of you about the weird attack on the Burrow from HBP). It'll just make me anxious to read the book again to remind myself how the story really goes;)

talulabell
09-07-2010, 11:25 PM
<snip>
Although still nothing annoys me as much as "lets have the death eaters randomly attack the Weasly house" from movie six. Except for possibly later in the movie when the Death Eaters manage to get into Hogwarts after all this work and all they do is break dishes and light Hagrid's empty hut on fire.
<snip>

The attack on the Borrow doesnt bother me too much. I read why they put it in, and it seemed valid reasoning (besides, JKR gave the ok on the scene), so that doesnt bother me. But, I've read a few complaint here about the breaking-dishes attack, and I'm a little confused as to the problem. granted I havent reread 6 in a long time (I'm rereading the series now, and am only on 4), but all they broke into Hogwarts to do was to make sure DD was killed. And they did that. In the book, didnt they only clash with students because the students confronted them?

Oh that's right - I was trying to remember if it was that character. I guess they didn't want to bother recasting a character people have known from the beginning of the film series

Most likely, they'll do what they did in 3 (?) when they had some other random Slitheryn hanging around because one of Dracos two cohorts wasnt around for much of the filming.

My guess is, they'll shorten the wedding, and they'll cut most of the camping so it's only one or two scenes. Wasnt a lot of the first half of book 7 the camping? I've read that they've at least filmed some of my favotire stuff, so so far, I'm looking forward to it.

genevieve
09-08-2010, 04:17 AM
The camping did go on....and on....and on for a lot of the book. I don't see them turning Deathly Hallows Pt 1 into the forest version of Cast Away, I imagine those scenes will be heavily reduced.

nerdycool
09-08-2010, 06:30 PM
In the book, didnt they only clash with students because the students confronted them?They had a mini battle with some members of the Order of the Phoenix, Dumbledore's Army and some professors... some call it "The First Battle at Hogwarts." Which might be part of the reason why this scene being omitted causes teeth gnashing... especially since they added a battle at the Burrow, which wasn't in the book. About the battles, I don't care if they switched one for the other. For some reason, the only thing that bothers me about the battle at the Burrow is that the house is destroyed.

I hope they do reduce the camping. I just don't want it to turn into the first Lord of the Rings film... the one I summarize as, ".... and they're walking. Three hours later, yep, they're still walking."

rfisher
09-08-2010, 06:38 PM
They had a mini battle with some members of the Order of the Phoenix, Dumbledore's Army and some professors... some call it "The First Battle at Hogwarts."

I hope they do reduce the camping. I just don't want it to turn into the first Lord of the Rings film... the one I summarize as, ".... and they're walking. Three hours later, yep, they're still walking."

A pretty important battle as far as Bill was concerned. The camping parts were important for the book in isolating Harry from the rest of the wizarding world and setting up Ron's departure and return. For the movie, they can skip straight to Ron's departure then to Harry and Hermionie's trip to Godrick's Hollow then to Ron's return and their capture.

Amy L
09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
If you want to be thoroughly spoiled for DH Part 1, there was a preview screening in Chicago a few weeks ago. There are some reviews here (http://www.mugglenet.com/movies/movie7/dh_review.shtml) and here (http://www.mugglenet.com/movies/movie7/deathly-hallows-review-3.shtml).

Kruss
09-09-2010, 03:42 AM
If you want to be thoroughly spoiled for DH Part 1, there was a preview screening in Chicago a few weeks ago. There are some reviews here (http://www.mugglenet.com/movies/movie7/dh_review.shtml) and here (http://www.mugglenet.com/movies/movie7/deathly-hallows-review-3.shtml).

Noooooooo, don't tempt me!!!!!!