PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

IceAlisa
09-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Further evidence that David Yates is clueless: he says that the DH-1 is cinéma vérité.

Director David Yates says that breaking up the novel in this way creates a sense of two distinct movies. He said, "I didn't want the two films to feel similar in tone." He describes the first part as "quite verite, quite real," while the second is "much more operatic and colorful and fantasy-oriented."

I get what he is saying but vérité (DH-1 is more vérité than DH-2, relatively) but Harry Potter and vérité don't belong in the same sentence.

KatieC
09-04-2010, 04:58 AM
With the last movie, I found I liked it more after the third viewing. The first two times it just ticked me off. (Which is rather pathetic really, having to waste time rewatching before finally enjoying.)

As for "operatic and colorful and fantasy-oriented" - the end is pretty much war. :huh:

Bostonfan
09-04-2010, 05:42 PM
As for "operatic and colorful and fantasy-oriented" - the end is pretty much war. :huh:

I think the description is fine. It's a vividly written Wizard war, not a "Saving Private Ryan" depiction of war.

My greatest fear with DH2 is that they won't handle Snape's crucial role in the whole saga correctly. I'll be very bummed if the payoff isn't there the way it is in the books. Alan Rickman deserves to serve it up as only he can!

rfisher
09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
If they short change AR, I'll be screaming at the movie screen and probably ejected from the theater. And if Dobby's funeral or Kreacher's tale don't make me cry, I'll be shouting obscenities. It's a given that Fred's death should be :wuzrobbed: Hm....I better get a big box of tissues.

IceAlisa
09-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I just don't understand how they are going to cram 24 chapters into the 1st movie.

*Jen*
09-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Meh, I know I'm not going to like it. There are things in the trailor which I don't like, so the chance of liking the whole movie is slim :P I might enjoy it though. I've enjoyed a couple of them...but I really, REALLY hated movie 3. The one everyone loved. Except me.

MikiAndoFan#1
09-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Meh, I know I'm not going to like it. There are things in the trailor which I don't like, so the chance of liking the whole movie is slim :P I might enjoy it though. I've enjoyed a couple of them...but I really, REALLY hated movie 3. The one everyone loved. Except me.

:lol:

I also loved the third movie. It was very different from the first two.

:D

A few days ago, I finished re-reading the fourth book and it got me so pumped for the seventh movie! I'm so exicted!

:watch:

rfisher
09-05-2010, 04:19 PM

Oh, no. You're not alone. I despised it.

genevieve
09-05-2010, 05:24 PM
My niece, a HUGE HP fan, hates the third movie. Of course, I've always chalked it up to her being like 12 when it came out and that it was a bit OTT for her age :saint:.

I find that my first impression of the films is different than when I go back and re-watch. Honestly, I think the only one that just blows is film 4. The last 20 minutes are good, but the rest of it is pretty useless.

Theatregirl1122
09-05-2010, 06:10 PM
I find that my first impression of the films is different than when I go back and re-watch. Honestly, I think the only one that just blows is film 4. The last 20 minutes are good, but the rest of it is pretty useless.

Having rewatched them this summer, film four really is particularly awful. Although I still haven't warmed up to number 6. Not even a little bit.

MikiAndoFan#1
09-05-2010, 09:13 PM

I've watched all six movies and the fourth one is definately my least favourite, but I really don't know why.

vesperholly
09-05-2010, 09:50 PM
I hated 4 because I thought it focused too much on the foreplay and none of the actual action - whither Quidditch World Cup?! HBP has the same problem. Ron and Hermione basically switched personalities from the books to the movies, and in GoF, Ron was turned into pure comic relief. And on a superficial note, I hated Harry and Ron's haircuts.

PoA is my favorite, even though it was too long and messed up some crucial plot points at the end. OotP is a close second, because the new screenwriter did a much better job, though I could have used more of the action at the Ministry of Magic.

Bostonfan
09-06-2010, 02:14 AM
I just don't understand how they are going to cram 24 chapters into the 1st movie.

It's been a long time since I read DH, but I'm betting the wedding scene is going to get the axe, along with Lupin's attempt to go with Harry, and a shortened version of the events at the Ministry of Magic, Black house and the part in the book that dragged IMO with the 3 main characters (and then just Harry and Herminoe) wandering in the forest.

genevieve
09-06-2010, 04:24 AM
I would be fine with losing Lupin's argument with Harry, as it was kind of just thrown in there and there won't be continuity issues with it excised. Agree that the wedding will be either deleted or abbreviated, and there's no way they'll show the entire forest portion. I do hope we get the Black house and Ministry scenes done properly.

Theatregirl1122
09-06-2010, 05:50 AM
The trailer does show Ron, Hermione, and Harry running away in formal wear. So that makes me think the wedding is in, although probably abridged. Although judging by movie 6, the writers may have just made something up.