PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58

IceJunkie
07-26-2011, 07:07 AM
I don't like it, either. But if aging all the actors Snape's age means that we got Alan Rickman, who is the living embodiment of Snape, I'll live with it. Because there would be no possible way to keep Rickman but make all his contemporaries younger. It just wouldn't work.

ITA.

rfisher
07-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Rickman is such a good actor, he can do an entire scene with just his eyes and facial expressions. And he totally captured the essance of Snape with his voice. JKR stressed that Snape spoke very quietly, but had the total attention of the class. They used a ton of makeup to hide his age, but I was willing to overlook it because he, more than any other actor, made that part his own. I love Maggie Smith, but she was never really my idea of McGonnagal nor did I think Gary Oldham was Sirius. They were OK, but Rickman WAS Snape.

kwanatic
07-26-2011, 01:16 PM
One of the things I didn't like about this movie was how much time Harry spent with exposition dialog. Just showing the scene as you suggest would be much, much better.

But the books made a very big deal of how small Harry was. Seekers tend to be small and light as well. Being 6' wouldn't fit into that at all.

In the sixth book when Harry comes to spend the rest of the summer at the burrow, Molly Weasley makes reference to how much taller Harry's grown. Harry was small when he arrived at Hogwarts and probably maintained a slighter appearance. But it is possible to be tall and skinny or small. :D In my mind, Harry filled out a bit more as he got older so that he wasn't super tiny like he was when he arrived, but he wasn't buff or anything. Think how they draw the skinny but still defined Anime guys...that's what I thought anyway. But in no way did I think Harry stayed as short as Dan. Hell, Emma's almost taller than him!:lol:

PRlady
07-26-2011, 01:17 PM
And will they nominate him for Best Supporting Actor this time? Non. Because the Harry Potter franchise don't get no respect. :drama:

He was the best actor in the series, hands down. And in this movie, where his motives and actions are finally revealed, all his behavior in the previous movies makes sense. He's a "whole" character in the round.

Sigh. I'm so going to miss these movies.

~tapdancer~
07-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Snape was absolutely the best character in the series and Alan nailed him throughout.

kwanatic
07-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Somebody help me out here: In the sixth movie, did Harry ever find out that it was Snape who sent Voldemort after him? That was such a shock in the book, but IIRC, it wasn't mentioned in the film. I'm thinking about it b/c I'm recalling the whole "Prince's Tale" scene...they did a decent job with it but when Snape is pleading with Dumbledore, I'm just sitting here trying to recall if Harry found out that info in the sixth movie. I don't think he did...

pollyanna
07-26-2011, 02:36 PM
A special weekend at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Universal's theme park in Orlando, November 11-13, 2011.......

A Celebration of the Harry Potter films at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (http://www.universalorlando.com/Landing/HPNovCelebration.aspx)

During the event, there will be scheduled appearances by some of the cast members from the Harry Potter film series.

attyfan
07-26-2011, 02:38 PM
I can't help it, I love Rickman as Snape but it still drives me nuts that Snape, Lily, and the Marauders are so much older in the movies than in the books.

For me, the movie appearances of Snape and the Marauders (especially Black and Lupin) were file because I always thought of those three (especially Snape and Black) as looking much older than their years. Snape's body has taken an inordinate amount of wear and tear, combined with stress; Azkaban probably didn't do Black any good; and I would think that Lupin's monthly transformations is also a lot of wear and tear on his body and appearance.

Satellitegirl
07-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Snape was absolutely the best character in the series and Alan nailed him throughout.

agreed.

kwanatic
07-26-2011, 03:51 PM
A special weekend at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Universal's theme park in Orlando, November 11-13, 2011.......

A Celebration of the Harry Potter films at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (http://www.universalorlando.com/Landing/HPNovCelebration.aspx)

I would LOVE to be able to blow $700+ to go hang out down there for the weekend! I haven't had an opportunity to go yet, but it is my goal to go down there and snag a job working at the World of Harry Potter! :D I'll tell my current job, "Sorry, I have to quit because I'm moving to Hogwarts!" Dream job #1! :lol:

icewalker08
07-26-2011, 05:01 PM

:respec::swoon::respec:

victoriaheidi
07-26-2011, 08:08 PM
And will they nominate him for Best Supporting Actor this time? Non. Because the Harry Potter franchise don't get no respect. :drama:

He was the best actor in the series, hands down. And in this movie, where his motives and actions are finally revealed, all his behavior in the previous movies makes sense. He's a "whole" character in the round.

Sigh. I'm so going to miss these movies.

It makes me really sad to think that an actor as brilliant as Alan Rickman has never been nominated for an Oscar. I mean, it isn't about the awards, but he deserves acknowledgment for his work-he's one of my all-time favorite actors.

skaternum
07-26-2011, 08:32 PM
It makes me really sad to think that an actor as brilliant as Alan Rickman has never been nominated for an Oscar. I mean, it isn't about the awards, but he deserves acknowledgment for his work-he's one of my all-time favorite actors.

ITA. I know it seems like a fluff role, but I thought he was wonderful in Galaxy Quest. Next to the HP series, that's my favorite movie of his.

FigureSpins
07-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I wonder if his interviewing style has something to do with it? In every interview I've ever seen with Alan Rickman, he always comes across as bored and waiting for it to end, almost like he's being condescending.

I'm sure he doesn't mean to do it, it's probably just fatigue. He's very funny in interviews and occasionally playful, but it's almost as if he just wants to act, not promote. That can work against an actor with awards. Gotta be able to sell yourself.

manleywoman
07-26-2011, 09:47 PM

Seriously. Perhaps he'll get nominated for this one? A girl can dream anyway.