PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows Trailer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

IceAlisa
07-25-2011, 09:03 PM
The Fat Lady could have done both roles like Warwick Davis.

kwanatic
07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Imelda Staunton did a great job with her "ahem!" but I saw a more realistic version of the picture Grandpre drew (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=mary+grandpre+dolores+umbridge&hl=en&sa=X&tbm=isch&prmd=ivnso&tbnid=ZxRmRVTPYYE1HM:&imgrefurl=http://www.leakylounge.com/index.php%253Fshowtopic%253D33231%2526st%253D110&docid=o-BlYfybp9-cxM&w=400&h=358&ei=hcwtTtCjA8bpgAeLx9CACw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=743&vpy=91&dur=384&hovh=212&hovw=237&tx=160&ty=116&page=1&tbnh=151&tbnw=176&start=0&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0&biw=1034&bih=653).

It's always fun to go through a fan art page and see how people see different characters and scenes. :D I really wish I was able to draw sometimes...

Bostonfan
07-25-2011, 09:16 PM
That would be a huge pain for the main character though... but it should have been done on the little girl who played Lily!

I agree. Digitally enhancing Radcliffe's eye color is expensive. Yes, they are making buckets of money. But really - his eyes being blue vs. green has no impact on the actual story so it would be a wasted expense. All that is relevant is that he has "his mother's eyes". So knowing that Radcliffe has blue eyes, they should have sought out a blue eyed actress with the same shaped eyes. I worked in casting long ago. It was very common to recieve a call indicating that they were looking for an actor with similar features to another actor. It's done all the time.

Barring finding a decent actress with blue eyes, then it would have been much simpler and less expensive to digitally make her eyes blue to match Radcliffe.

OK - I'm obsessing. But considering how crucial to the storyline it was that he had his mother's eyes, not matching up the actors appropriately is puzzling.

IceAlisa
07-25-2011, 09:22 PM
No, you are not obsessing. It was something that my friends who watched with me noticed too. It bothered them but then they are big Potterheads like me so it follows. :P

Not only little Lily's eyes were dark brown, they were shaped very differently from Dan's. Do you guys think they will catch it at WB and fix it for the DVD?

FigureSpins
07-25-2011, 09:30 PM
No, I doubt they'll do anything. It's in the can, so to speak, so it is what it is.

I am hoping for "Directors Cut" DVDs in the future with deleted footage restored and lots of extra features. An easter egg or two would be nice, too.

nerdycool
07-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I thought Alan Rickman gained a bit of weight in the last movie and that would have been inconsistent with the whole war-like atmosphere. Perhaps Snape is a stress eater but I just can't see it.I thought he'd gained weight as early as OotP, but I figured it was just because it's harder to lose weight & keep it off when one is older. Either way, it didn't detract from him performances, and it also helped that he got to wear robes and black clothing to hide a lot of it.

MacMadame
07-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I also wished they had put in quick flashback to the scene from HBP of Draco disarming Dumbledore's wand. My brother, who hasn't read the books, was lost. When I explained it to him he said, how the hell is anyone supposed to remember that small fact from 2 movies ago? It would have cleared things up so much if they just took a few seconds while Harry is explaining it to show that moment again. Ah well.
One of the things I didn't like about this movie was how much time Harry spent with exposition dialog. Just showing the scene as you suggest would be much, much better.

my Harry is much taller, closer to 6' and Ron is taller (maybe 6'1" or 6'2") and a bit lankier.
But the books made a very big deal of how small Harry was. Seekers tend to be small and light as well. Being 6' wouldn't fit into that at all.

Skittl1321
07-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Ron is taller (maybe 6'1" or 6'2") and a bit lankier.

I've always picture book Ron to look like the movie twins. Ron was the tall lanky one, I think the twins were described as being shorter and stockier.

From the HP Lexicon, quotes:
On Ron ""He was tall, thin and gangling, with freckles, big hands and feet, and a long nose""
On the twins: "Body type similar to their shorter, stockier brother Charlie"

Harry was described in the books as being smaller than average- so they lucked out with Daniel Radcliffe never really hitting a major growth spurt (guy is lucky he is famous- he is TINY, average men can have a rough time in life when they are that short).

Before the first movie I picture Hermoine with red hair, but the same crazy bushy hair I had in middle school (but mine was brown) after the first movie I reread and it did indeed say brown hair, so I thought Emma Watson's hair color was fine. Her hair was never quite the mess I imagined it to be (because I know what awful frizzy hair looks like!)

IceAlisa
07-26-2011, 12:40 AM
I did some research and seems that the actress who played the adult Lily has blue eyes that actually resemble Dan's: http://images.zap2it.com/images/celeb-161000/geraldine-somerville-0.jpg

And the little girl Lily, as cute as she is, does not: http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/14900000/Meet-Ellie-Darcey-Alden-the-10-year-old-actress-cast-as-Lily-Evans-in-Deathly-Hallows-harry-potter-14925962-400-500.jpg

Also, did anyone catch the covert radio announcement when Harry returned to Hogwarts: "Updated weather report! The lightening has struck! The lightening has struck!" I thought it was cute. Was it in the book?

mkats
07-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Nope, but I liked that too. :)

It took me forever to figure out that the third Slytherin in the Room of Requirement was supposed to be Zabini. (Of course, it took me most of the series to figure out if Zabini was a boy or a girl. :lol: ) I know the actor who plays Goyle is out on pot-growing charges, but I don't think much would have changed if they just left him out...?

Bostonfan
07-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Also, did anyone catch the covert radio announcement when Harry returned to Hogwarts: "Updated weather report! The lightening has struck! The lightening has struck!" I thought it was cute. Was it in the book?

IIRC there was a scene in the book after Ron returns to the woods (prior to destroying the locket) where he informs Harry and Herminoe about the underground resistance radio broadcast and they listen to one. But it was not done when Harry comes back to Hogwarts. Again IIRC it was the coins that Herminone enchanted during OoTP that led people to learn that Harry had returned.

But it was nice that they threw a reference to the radio broadcast in the movie, even though it happened at a different time and place in the book.

Rhianna
07-26-2011, 01:29 AM
^^I always imagined a somewhat younger looking Snape. I guess that's why I don't see Alan Rickman's face, but I love his voice so I always hear that...

I can't help it, I love Rickman as Snape but it still drives me nuts that Snape, Lily, and the Marauders are so much older in the movies than in the books.

rfisher
07-26-2011, 01:31 AM
I did some research and seems that the actress who played the adult Lily has blue eyes that actually resemble Dan's: http://images.zap2it.com/images/celeb-161000/geraldine-somerville-0.jpg

And the little girl Lily, as cute as she is, does not: http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/14900000/Meet-Ellie-Darcey-Alden-the-10-year-old-actress-cast-as-Lily-Evans-in-Deathly-Hallows-harry-potter-14925962-400-500.jpg

No. Neville called the recruits with the coins they used for DA meetings. The twins passed the message to the Order members.

nerdycool
07-26-2011, 03:35 AM
I can't help it, I love Rickman as Snape but it still drives me nuts that Snape, Lily, and the Marauders are so much older in the movies than in the books.I don't like it, either. But if aging all the actors Snape's age means that we got Alan Rickman, who is the living embodiment of Snape, I'll live with it. Because there would be no possible way to keep Rickman but make all his contemporaries younger. It just wouldn't work.

IceAlisa
07-26-2011, 04:32 AM
OK, so I couldn't remember the radio thing because that particular phrase wasn't in the book. Thanks!